First attempt at a grow

Crowly

Hi all,

First time I've ever given growing myself a go. Strictly personal use but I'd like to get it right. This is day 15 of the largest of my three and it's going a bit droopy, I just wondered if someone could take a look at it and tell me if it's coming along right or potentially overwatered?

Pink kush autos are the strain.

ZNDQQoEl.jpg

Was the droop noticed before lights out? If yes, it could be normal.
Was it noticed right after lights on? If yes, it could be normal.

Otherwise, can you give us an idea how often you water, and how much?

Is the soil totally dry on top when you water? If not, this could be a problem.
Give us a few ideas of what things look like when you water.

one way to tell for sure if it needed watering, it should 'perk up' a few hours later. your plant looks healthy enough, a bit streatched maybe, but looks pretty good, imo

If you just watered it will be fine but more importantly........
WELCOME to 420 man. Glad you joined check out the new member link thread as well as ultra Dans videos.

Hey guys, thanks loads for the help.

- I water once the soil is dry down to a moderate depth (half inch to an inch)
- I did first notice that droop after a water, say an hour later, but its still like it a couple of days later.

What do you guys mean by 'stretched?'

I might have the light a bit far away but I scared myself a bit as I have a 600w HPS light and whilst testing the grow room pre-seeds it got up to about 42c (I've since stabilised it at 26-29c.)

The easiest way to know when to water is lifting the pot. A recently watered plant and a dry plant have a difference in weight that's very noticable. Based on the pic I see, your medium could use some perlite next time to allow more air into the medium. It would also dry out faster this way. And by 'stretch' I think he means you can get the light closer to the plant so it doesn't grow vertically as much.

Does that pot drain very well? When you water, do you water til it runs out of the bottom or does it overflow the pot first? It could be that you have water just sitting in the bottom of the pot (which is not good). Even if the top 2" feel dry, it might still be wet soil below. A 600w HPS will evaporate a lot of the water from the top of the soil quickly, so that's not a good judge of it needing to be watered or not. Checking the dry weight and comparing that to the wet weight is the best method IMO. Only water when your pot feels light.

Thanks for moving this over to FAQ, I saw that I had it wrong right after I posted it.

Actually, the pot doesn't drain much at all, I am trying to dry it out fully now before any more watering. I've moved the light down now, it's about 1.5 foot away from plants.

Still drooping exactly the same today after a day in the light. Worrying...

Hi all. First time grower here. Av got 5 exodus cheese ladies in veg and had problems from the 2 nd week. There under. 600w 100 x100 grow tent. Got a small fan in there too. They got nut burn at a early stage so I laid off the nute. Now the two I topped in veg stage are lime green and all 5 of them have clawed leaves. There still growing and always pointing up when light come on (18/6 BTW). Av used epsom salt twice thinking it was a m Def but still am concerned about the yield at the end and if it's just gona b a waste of time and money. Should I throw the poor ladies out? majority have yellow tips. Sorry about this guy's am new and learning. I have 5 more seeds waiting so any advice will be truly appreciated

Hi all. First time grower here. Av got 5 exodus cheese ladies in veg and had problems from the 2 nd week. There under. 600w 100 x100 grow tent. Got a small fan in there too. They got nut burn at a early stage so I laid off the nute. Now the two I topped in veg stage are lime green and all 5 of them have clawed leaves. There still growing and always pointing up when light come on (18/6 BTW). Av used epsom salt twice thinking it was a m Def but still am concerned about the yield at the end and if it's just gona b a waste of time and money. Should I throw the poor ladies out? majority have yellow tips. Sorry about this guy's am new and learning. I have 5 more seeds waiting so any advice will be truly appreciated

Sounds like a ph issue or maybe something is up with your medium. If you can fill this out we will get to the root of the problem fast:
How many plants? What strains?
How old are they?
Indoor or outdoor?
How big is your area if its indoors and is it well ventilated?
What medium/soil are you using?
Whats the size of the containers?
What's your lighting set up?
What's the temperature and humidity like at any given time?
What's your ph like, both medium and nutes?
Any pests around?
What is your watering schedule like?

Hi thanks for reply ,
There are 5 of them exodus cheese
They are indoors in spare bedroom in a grow tent 100 cm x 100 cm tent left open with a big fan blowing in and small fan clipped on pole in tent
The pots are 5 inches by 5
The soil am using is house and garden van de zwann

The light is a 600 w at the highest it can go in tent
The temps are between 25 and highest 31 humidity changes lowest 27 and highest 50 when lights off and turn them on in morning temp is 17 humidity 60 plus
Ph I try to keep at 6 .0 but was low to begin with
No pests
And watering is every other day
I tried flushing but the yellow tips stayed am aware they may not recover I tried Epsom salt didnt seem to do anything
I appreciate the help as am debating weather to throw them out .
I have a carbon filter and out take from the vent shop off amazon but not yet installed
Can some please tell me how to put up pictures ( please don't laugh at my sick ladies lol )
Thanks people

Watering every other day is probably too much. Like has been said before, you really need to transplant to a pot that has better drainage and a medium that can drain better. Over watering is the main mistake new growers make. Only water when the pot is light and dry.

Haven't heard of your soil before, I tried to find some info on it but didn't come up with anything other than other people saying it worked for them. If you can stabilize your environment more so temps are between 21C-29C and humidity between 40-60% then the plants will enjoy it. 17C is a little too cold, and humidity over 60% can invite bugs or mold. Soil ph should be 6.5-6.8; if you are running it at 6.0 then maybe this is one problem with the plants. Raise it up to 6.5 at least, I'd use PH Up if necessary. Watering every other day sounds like too much. Do you lift the pot to tell when to water? That's the easiest way to tell when to do it.

So give us more info on the soil if you can, fix the ph, and water a little less is my guess. Once you get the carbon filter and fan set up your environment will be more stable. And here is how to post pics: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

jonesy87: Stealthboat gave the link above on how to upload pics and add them to your post.

And most importantly, nobody is going to laugh here. It's not like other forums you may have seen. We're all focused on common goals of educating people, promoting Cannabis awareness, and teaching new growers the tricks that have been learned through years and years of experience.

Ask anyone here.. we've all made mistakes before. But making mistakes is also an amazing way to learn.

And if it makes you feel any better, I just had a plant die on me recently. So no matter the skill level, sometimes it just happens. Just keep trying to improve, and your grows will be amazing. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom