First Attempt To Grow - 4x4 Tent With HPS/LED & Unknown Clones

Mars Reflector 144, 2 lasko oscillating fans and tent arrived today! we are moving into dedicated room and new tent!:surf:
Will have to change my Journal Title.
I was stupid enough to run both 144's together with MH in my 4x4 till my tent arrives. It slightly burned my plants at 18", damn that lights are intense! I'm hanging all my lights at 24" hoping for some stretch before flipping them on the new moon
Moon in Vigro till 4th - will be taking clones either tonight or tomorrow early morning.
Now my lady bugs all over my house after the move.

20151202_214433_HDR.jpg
20151202_220731.jpg
20151202_220749.jpg

4 will be flipped to flower right when I confirm my clones are rooted. It seems I got all females! :cheer: 2 will go back to 4x4 to get more veg time.

I'm tired, but happy!

I pulled the tray I got my clones with to set up humidity dome for my cuttings and guess what? I didn't pay attention that tray has stickers with clones names on it:allgood:

BD, Bubba and GG4. Not sure which one is Gorilla and which one is Bubba, but I'm sure I will be able to distinct during a flower.

Found this little cacoon 2-3mm being eaten by ladybug.. no clue if that is a pest or not, but I'm happy that ladybugs are trying. This thing must be tasty for this little guy, I removed fan leaf, snap some pics, looked at the scope, but she didn't even bother to stop sucking on this thingy...

20151205_160803.jpg

LOL love the lady bugs I put 1500 into my grow about 6 weeks ago or so and still have a few hanging around. I am growing in basically the same set up as you, but I use just LEDs for bloom and fluorescents for vegging. I have a 4x4 for veg and a 5x10 for flower.
Your plants look nice and healthy. When I first got started I was doing all the LST to all my plants, but lately I have gotten lazy and they are just growing out of control. Keep up the good work your garden looks great.
I have to ask, the blanket to the right of your flower tent. black with the small squares on it. Is that covering your rear sliding glass door by chance? the reason I had to ask is because if it is, your tent is even positioned in your house exactly like mine...:high-five:

LOL love the lady bugs I put 1500 into my grow about 6 weeks ago or so and still have a few hanging around. I am growing in basically the same set up as you, but I use just LEDs for bloom and fluorescents for vegging. I have a 4x4 for veg and a 5x10 for flower.
Your plants look nice and healthy. When I first got started I was doing all the LST to all my plants, but lately I have gotten lazy and they are just growing out of control. Keep up the good work your garden looks great.
I have to ask, the blanket to the right of your flower tent. black with the small squares on it. Is that covering your rear sliding glass door by chance? the reason I had to ask is because if it is, your tent is even positioned in your house exactly like mine...:high-five:

Yes, that's where my window is and where my exhaust coming out of, in a couple of days my 4x4 will be moving in to the right side ;)

Looks like you are using THHN for your LST how original, your not a spark by chance are you?

What's THHN? I'm actually setting un new LST set up at this moment, just went back from hardware store. I'll throw a pic later. :volcano-smiley:

Slightly over 1 month in veg.
heavy lifting training for the ladies... I like this idea since I may adjust my weights or move them around very easy.
20151206_190857_HDR.jpg
20151206_190827.jpg

Here is some pic of the companions... They really have a hard time catching up to get some light

20151206_190531_HDR.jpg
20151206_190937.jpg
20151206_191148.jpg

I decided to throw in HPS for a week and additional Mars Hydro 144 just to experiment to see if I can stretch them a little that way. With everything turned on on all the lights I'm getting about 5-6 degrees more than with MH bulb. I'm sure can feel the difference when touching hood or when sticking my palm underneath. It's an Ipower Super HPS. I'm entertaining an idea to switch back to MH in the middle of the flower.

Just got my Co2 logger in! I'm running with a serious CO2 deficiency :( Placed an order for 20Lb tank and solenoid with timer.
20151207_191926.jpg

We got really good news here in Cali and it seems like we will be able to go up to 100sqf since Jan1 2016 per patient. I got excited and called my local guys and got myself 6 clones (3x, GG4, ROG, WF, cheese and SFV) :theband:

My Mars 144's adding quite a lot of heat. I should've went another HPS or 2 with ventilated hood. I honestly do not understand why it pulls the air from the top and disperse it on the sides... It sure does work well with marine applications to prevent salt from getting in, but it only takes to replace (stock fans bit too loud) and revers them. This would've allowed for easy diy hot air extraction without a problems of risking to loose your warranty. I would've for sure payed premium for updated fans in reverse. Regardless, very solid lights and they do have a good customer service.

24hrs darkness followed by 12/12 (all that light green is the growth for the last 24 hrs.)
Veg time 1 month and 1 week.
Swapped HPS back to MH for a week, ordered 2 UVA/B CFL bulbs for late flower. Tents will be running on opposite schedule to maintain stable temp. Start supplementing with a low concentrated "flower tea", no flush.
Filled my CO2 20# tank today, playing with timing to maintain 1200-1500 ppm, so far so good! one of the Indicas showing little bit of claws on the end of the fan leaves, will have to check her runoff PH.

20151211_195250.jpg
20151211_195444.jpg

I think I'm going little bit to fast for my first grow, looking back at my original plans it was supposed to be 4x4 tent with only 4 plants and 1 600w mh/hps light, at the same time - go big or go home ;)

I'm glad I bought extra 144, looks like that room on the sides I reserved will be occupied and fans will have to be suspended.

Flower day 22, so far so good, decided not to go scrog since I'd like to move my pots around, but I have a net for later. Feeding it some teas. Plant with claws - N poisoning - I had to flush it with 5 gallons of water, all the run off went straight into the pots with BD, so far so good ;)
20160101_210218.jpg
20160101_210229.jpg

4 weeks in flower. Most of the companions are gone due to a lack of light under the canopy :( Clovers, however still trying to make it tho.

Keep feeding compost tea with Kelp and alfaalfa. Plants are 18-20inch so far - slowly defoliating here and there, no any signes of stress or deficiencies.

It looks like my Blue Dream maturing faster than my kush - I get amber pistils on the flowers and it start to smell, oh that gorgeous smell when you touch them...

20160110_011550.jpg

20160110_011616.jpg

Blue dream
20160110_011901.jpg
20160110_011751.jpg

Kush
20160110_011830.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hello. I'm sorry for not checking in for a long time. When I wanted to log in - I couldn't find a password reset form and gave up after loosing my patience. I found out today that you will actually get an email with a link to reset form after you lock yourself out, but even after that I had some issues, so screw it, it takes 2 minutes to create an account :). I feel like I need to finish my journal before disappearing into abyss... :)

Week 9 - calyxes started to pop, finally! leaves covered in orange trichs, however - trichs on flowers are all clear. It looks like it's finally going to bloom - I'm on my finish line. I made so many mistakes, but I learned so much. Some day after I'm done with this harvest - I will write it all up somewhere.

test smoke was good, but little bit of funky taste. So far so good.:thumb:

Tonight I'm throwing Joe Rogan's podcast, cleaning my bong - and off to manicuring and getting rid of ugly stuff!

20160216_233911.jpg
20160215_141740.jpg
20160207_202157.jpg
20160207_202146.jpg
20160217_190242.jpg
20160217_190322.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom