First Attempt To Grow - 4x4 Tent With HPS/LED & Unknown Clones

Maxim

Hello everyone! I'm excited to start my first grow! :circle-of-love:
equipment: 4ftx4ft Apollo tent; Ipower 600W + 4x 13W led bulbs hooked up to a ups to provide any source of light in a case of power outage (happens some times); active cooling.
12 clones - 4 to stay, no idea what strains - some of them supposed to be a blue dream...
soil: organic super soil recipe with added chicken manure composted for 1 month in the bin with 400 red wigglers.

This will be a companion grow (smart pots 5 gal): I planted clover, marigolds and waiting for a mint seeds to show up. In approximately week or two I will be getting ladybugs and will try to make them stay and lay out eggs by providing habitat, food and water for them.

20151105_154333.jpg

20151105_154354.jpg

re: First Attempt To Grow - 4x4 Tent With HID/HPS & Unknown Clones

This will be a companion grow (smart pots 5 gal): I planted clover, marigolds and waiting for a mint seeds to show up. In approximately week or two I will be getting ladybugs and will try to make them stay and lay out eggs by providing habitat, food and water for them.

It does not shows pics from imgur for me - I will try it later when I find a way to make it work.

Hi, Maxim! Love the sound of a companion grow -- I will subscribe for sure!

I don't think you can post photos hosted outside of 420magazine here. Here's the guide to uploading and posting pics here: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

WELCOME!:welcome:

re: First Attempt To Grow - 4x4 Tent With HID/HPS & Unknown Clones

Following this. When you say LED your talking panels or spot?

4 spot lights in every corner, regular 13W from Home Depot. "specialized" one costs way to much for what they offer ;)

Hi, Maxim! Love the sound of a companion grow -- I will subscribe for sure!

I don't think you can post photos hosted outside of 420magazine here. Here's the guide to uploading and posting pics here: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

WELCOME!:welcome:

Pics up! Thanks a lot for a heads up.

re: First Attempt To Grow - 4x4 Tent With HPS/LED & Unknown Clones

11.7 It has been 2 weeks since I potted clones in the cups - Today I topped them and potted 4 clones from the cups into the 5gal smart ones.
Added 120W (3Wx55chips driven at 2watts each) "ChinaCheap" fish tank fixture since I already have space and I used some time ago for my salt water coral tank (blue spectrum).
I need to order more clay pellets.

20151107_152659.jpg
20151107_152734.jpg

I'm strapped in! Love the setup, and the idea of companions in the tent can't to see how these babes look. :goodluck:

That looks fabulous Maxim! What nutes you pick up for those?

My super soil recipe I got from "grow weed easy" is quite good, plus I added more worm castings and chicken manure to compost. I'm not going to use anything for veg, not sure what I'm going to use when it's time to flip em to flower. I'm going to try to keep it as organic as possible - only organic fertilizers.

Training with brackets, growth is really good on all the plants. Feeding soil ones a day in the morning 1 tbs of Humic acid per gallon of water, quarter per pot. Added my Aloe Vera plant. So far so good... ;)
20151112_174147.jpg
20151112_174158.jpg
20151112_174236.jpg
20151112_174257.jpg
20151112_174307.jpg
20151112_174317_1_.jpg

Vegging, day 11. Lady bugs arrived on Friday, I set up small space for them to acclimate and hopefully stick around. It looks like I have a monster plant that is going to be my favorite. I ended up with 2 sativa (Blue Dream) and 2 Indica (Unknown). Not sure how I'm going to handle it in this tent - so I placed an order for 8x4 tent for flower. My IPower 600W will go there on top of 2x Mars reflector on the sides perpendicular, to have a good 6x4 coverage in 8x4 tent. I will make my 4x4 tent my veg and will have all my cheap blue leds there for Clones and vegging, but that will be later on...

So lady bugs acclimated well with water, figs and grapes available to them ;)

20151118_130957.jpg

I squeezed stems and supercrop all of them twice for the last week, all the stems are nice and thick. Made 5 gal of AlfaAlfa tea and watered them with it, So I guess I'll take my words back on not adding nutes, but adding nutes more of an organic way using soil and bacteria instead of direct feeding. My mint seeds that I got online didnt show any signes of life after 2 weeks, but I stumbled upon nice 1 ft tall plant outside of trader's Joe. I split them and they recovering now. Staying at consistent 70-75 at night with humidity around 50 and 79-82F during the day with humidity at 30.

20151118_120429_1_.jpg

Love is in the air...
20151118_120406.jpg

20151118_132517.jpg

I keep rotating Pots counterclockwise, so that way every plant gets equal light from my led and HPS, not sure if does any real good, but makes me think so and feel good about it :Namaste:

So far so good, looks like good 415 local Genetics, super soil and a lot of Love will make it work I hope :)

P.S. Disregard all these weird spots on the leaves - it's a alfaalfa tea residue that got on.

Fungus gnats hatched and is my main concern right now. Drying out my soil for a few days and watering just a little bit a long the side of the stem. I should've treated my super soil compost better, but it seems part of the deal if growing with compost.

Clearly I have 2 champions in my garden so far. Since I will be upgrading to 8x4 I decided to keep 6 to flower if no males or hermaphrodites. I label them generically until I confirm what strains are these. I1,I2,I3,S1,S1,ect. Both princess are about 6-6,5 inches tall and getting really nice and bushy, with 5 main stalks developing. 1 is Sativa (supposedly "Blue Dream") and Indica that I forgot to ask... There is a story how I got these clones ;)

Thanks Mello for recommendations on General Organics, I got myself CalMag after spending some time reading about super soil stuff.
20151124_123536.jpg

20151124_140432.jpg
20151124_140422.jpg
20151124_140225.jpg

I placed an order for 3 Mars reflector 144. 2 of them will be moved to 8x4 tent with HPS and 1 144 will stay in my 4x4 veg tent with 120W I have there now. Both of my Sativas (Blue Dream) will be going there first to flower. I will be making SCROG. Lights in 8x4 will cover 6x4 area quite nice according my simple calculations. HPS will be in the middle of the tent with 144's on the sides slightly tilted towards HPS. That makes 1200W for 24/25sqf with approximate 48W per sqf

I noticed that all my Blue Dream grows quite predictable, but Indica plants may just stop growing at all for a couple of days and then just explode with growth overnight...

Looks like gnats problem is going away slowly - plants are on very strict watering schedule at this moment.

Any suggestions or critique for me at this stage of my challenge?:lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom