First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

Re: first cfl grow using 30watt cfls

Again personally I would take the money and put it in a box to save for a 150-400w HPS. You can get then for 70-150 US fairly easily. If you have all the CFLs then just put them to good use. Or maybe spend the money on a good carbon filter, you will need it living where you need it. I'm going to start mh journal tonight (this login). I've made a few changes.

good to see you man ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :thumb::theband::tommy::woohoo:

good to see you man ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :thumb::theband::tommy::woohoo:

Thank you! Can't wait to get things rolling again :) got some new ideas in store.

your probablt right mate, so the 70watt son lamp is not a hps i thought the son lamp was a sodium lamp or is it a different kind,

for the carbon filter im thinking about making a diy one but need a good guide to follow, ive been buying activated carbon for my fish tanks and ive got a few packs left over so thinking i can use these to make a carbon filter,

Again personally I would take the money and put it in a box to save for a 150-400w HPS. You can get then for 70-150 US fairly easily. If you have all the CFLs then just put them to good use. Or maybe spend the money on a good carbon filter, you will need it living where you need it. I'm going to start mh journal tonight (this login). I've made a few changes.

Tell me when you get your new journal up. I lost mine to the same issue you had.

If you read about the lights in the "how to grow" section, Mercury is an HID light, but far inferior to HPS or MH

thanks mate, should of looked i guess, ill think ill leave the lights as they dont sound like they will make any difference i was just trying to think of ways to increase yield so was thinkng abount getting the son lamp for flower but from what ive been told ill be better of using a load of cfls

Sorry Don, but since I lost my journal, I'll just dirty up yours. Here goes:

Dude!! autos are the shit. Just tried some outdoors this year and: 3 wks from seed they're 18" tall and starting to bloom already. Fuckin' Awesome!! I think I'll buy some more for this outdoor season. As quick as they are, the first group will finish early May!! I could do three groups in one season!! Fuckin' Awesome. I guess I should've let go of my skepticism sooner.

Oh , and the indoors along with the photoperiod plants outdoors are also doing well, but these autos are gonna kill my patience with my regular plants. Or maybe just the opposite since I'll have a fresh stash by June.

I was thinking of getting some auutos but I want like a rly quick one what's a good one to use

Biodiesel Mass from Advanced Seeds is what I'm growing. I chose them because they're supposed to be done in 60-70 days, but they're not little like a lowryder etc.

thanks mate, should of looked i guess, ill think ill leave the lights as they dont sound like they will make any difference i was just trying to think of ways to increase yield so was thinkng abount getting the son lamp for flower but from what ive been told ill be better of using a load of cfls

As long as you keep them close, the CFLs will more than do till you can afford a HPS. My little babies are flowering fine and outgrowing my box under CFLs.:morenutes:

hi all, no probs write what you like on my journal, it all helps me and others and im more than happy for people to discuss their grows here, i can pick up tips from it and hopefully others can to.

i raised the lights about 8 inches yesterday and withing 24hours im noticing more stretch so i think raising the lights has started the plants growing upwards again, im hoping by having the lights close to the plants and letting the lower branches reach the same height as the top of the plant so all been well i should end up with plenty of top buds.

my auto seems very slow growing, its barely broken the soil so it swhould start growing now its getting some light, i didnt bury it to far as the shoot from the seed was tiny, possibly gene related and maybe it is slow to grow for the seed stage

@ tesmp, when i checked yesterday it was in florida, their was to messages under tracking, one said it had arrived at their sorting place, and the second message said it had been sorted, so im hoping it was on the plane yesterday or today, ill check again in a few minutes and let you know what it says, cant wait, its like waiting for xmas when your 5, thanks for this tesmp, i just hope i im up to the job of getting the best plants from bpn products, i must be the only person in europe to have the chance to use corey's products, and im going to save up a biteach week and make sure ive got enough money for the next time i need some, its the shipping thats the biggest cost, $50 just for shipping, so thanks mate, ill check the tracking and let you know what it says.

Now ive got these 10 seeds siting in the cupboard, their labled Ak47(female) cross with UK cherry cheese (male) so from that it looks like thier just normal seeds and not fem, not sure if the strain is any good and if crossing them 2 strains is a good mixture, ill read up on both strains and see what im likely to expect unless any of you have heard of this strain, not sure what it would be called though possible ak47 cherry cheeze, not sure thats my guess, it seems the free seeds are from a breeder who has crossed his own strain and has give the seeds away to test the product.

anyway, do you think its worth me soaking half of them and going strait to 12-12 from seed, im only asking this as i dont know what the strain is like or how the cross has affected the plant and yield, plus im planning on growing from clones in the next grow and will try and keep taking clones so i dont need to the long seed growth stage, so thats my plan, but if i go strait to 12-12 with say 5 seeds, would this be a good thing to do, im only asking as ive seen people get as little as 7grams per plant right up to 1oz per plant, this would be depending on the strain, just thought i might throw them in and see what happens,

i raised the lights about 8 inches yesterday and withing 24hours im noticing more stretch so i think raising the lights has started the plants growing upwards again, im hoping by having the lights close to the plants and letting the lower branches reach the same height as the top of the plant so all been well i should end up with plenty of top buds.

@ tesmp, when i checked yesterday it was in florida, their was to messages under tracking, one said it had arrived at their sorting place, and the second message said it had been sorted, so im hoping it was on the plane yesterday or today, ill check again in a few minutes and let you know what it says, cant wait, its like waiting for xmas when your 5, thanks for this tesmp, i just hope i im up to the job of getting the best plants from bpn products, i must be the only person in europe to have the chance to use corey's products, and im going to save up a biteach week and make sure ive got enough money for the next time i need some, its the shipping thats the biggest cost, $50 just for shipping, so thanks mate, ill check the tracking and let you know what it says.

anyway, do you think its worth me soaking half of them and going strait to 12-12 from seed, im only asking this as i dont know what the strain is like or how the cross has affected the plant and yield, plus im planning on growing from clones in the next grow and will try and keep taking clones so i dont need to the long seed growth stage, so thats my plan, but if i go strait to 12-12 with say 5 seeds, would this be a good thing to do, im only asking as ive seen people get as little as 7grams per plant right up to 1oz per plant, this would be depending on the strain, just thought i might throw them in and see what happens,

Just be careful raising the lights donpaul, making them stretch for the light isn't necessarily a good thing. I know you want them to be tall but remember if you grow them to say 10", when you start flowering within 3 weeks they could be 20-30" which in my opinion is pushing it for CFLs unless you have good side lighting.

Sweet on the nutes, hopefully you get them by next week. I don't know how many plants your going to end up with but my same size bottles will last me 2 grows I would think at least. But remember I'm only doing 2 x 3 gallon plants and one 2L at the moment.

If I had 10 spare seeds I would give it a go. I would probably only do 3-4 of them but why not, experimenting is always fun! Do you have a flower room set up? I don't know what the laws are like in your country but make sure to stay under what will get you in a whole lot of trouble!

here is what the the usps tracking says
Processed Through Sort FacilityYour item was processed through our ISC MIAMI FL (USPS) facility on April 03, 2012 at 9:08 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
.Close this dialog window
Maintain Focus with this modal by pressing your space bar.

thats the same message that was on their yesterday, so im hoping its on its way over on the plane, chances are customs will check it due to it been liquids so im expecting it to turn up with customs tape all over it,

can anybody give me any info on the message, does it mean its on the plane or does it mean its on its way to another airport, not sure where usps ship items from, ill see if i can find out

here is what the the usps tracking says
Processed Through Sort FacilityYour item was processed through our ISC MIAMI FL (USPS) facility on April 03, 2012 at 9:08 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
.Close this dialog window
Maintain Focus with this modal by pressing your space bar.

thats the same message that was on their yesterday, so im hoping its on its way over on the plane, chances are customs will check it due to it been liquids so im expecting it to turn up with customs tape all over it,

can anybody give me any info on the message, does it mean its on the plane or does it mean its on its way to another airport, not sure where usps ship items from, ill see if i can find out

I would say it is on a plane from Miami. It says it was processed through Miami so it's not still sitting there.

just pm'd you teSmp, yep i got a basic flower room set up, did it yesterday, i got 1 x 30 watt 4000k cfl in their and at the moment ive got 3x 20watt 2700k cfls but can add loads more as and when needed, i was thinking about soaking half my seeds so 5 and see what happens strait from seed, at the moment ive got the following plants in veg.
1 x big bud, height is at 6 inches been in veg for 30days
1x special kush height is about the same as above, after 30days, both are in 3gallon pots.
1x norther lights cross big bud fem about 4 inches high, 20days old and in 3gallon pot.
1x berry bomb in small pot just growing first set of leaves,
1x g13poisend dwarf auto just breaking the soil in smallish pot but big enough to flower in.

im hopinh ive got at least one fem even if its only the femenised one, the others i wont know till they show sex but i doubt they will all be female, as for flower rooms ive got about 100 2700 k cfls and got 3 cupboards i can use the same as the veg room so at the moment ive got 1 veg room and 1 flower room but cud do another flower room if needed.

so im thinking about doing 5 seeds and 12-12 from seed.

now as for raising the lights, i want the plants roughlt a foot tall when i switch to 12-12, i have enough lights to pack them in around the plants so should be ok for flower stage, my problem was that the plants wasnt getting any taller and all the lower shoots from the stem where growing as high as the top of the plant, so it looked like the lights where just high enough to allow the lower stems to grow but having the lights as close as i did i stopped the top of the plant growing taller as it was all ready reaching the light source, im not planning on stretching them that much, probably leave the lights raised for a few days or a week at the most, im looking at going to flower about 1ft tall, so that shouldnt be that long,

as for my bpn products i didnt realise how much i was getting sent till i seen the weight of the parcel, so thanks teSmp for hooking me up with coreys products, and looking at the weight of the parcel im sure it will last me at least 2 grows possibly more as im all ready nearly at flower stage with these plants, im not sure how long im going to leave them in veg before they reach the height im after.

i dont want to keep them in veg for ages i want to produce enough to keep me going till my next grow has been flowered and cut, so im not looking fr huge amounts and its for myself and not anyone else, i wont be selling any, the odd mate might pop round for a smoke but i dont tell anyone im growing so they will only see what i carry on me, which isnt much,

im not sure what im going to get back if i let the plants reach 1ft in veg then switch to flower, the plants are suppose to at least double in size, but ive not grown that much so im not sure what im going to get back off a 2ft plant, im gona soak some seeds now and wack them in and when i put them in pots ill go strait to 12-12 and see what happens, think ill need to start another journal as people will be confused that im starting another grow in this journal,

thanks mate, im hoping its on the plane, cant wait till it gets here, my plants are going to love bpn products and this should make them really grow, and should increase the yield, your a start for hooking me up mate, would never of thought id get to try coreys products as he only had outlets in the USA, maybe one day he wil branch out to stores in europe, he should contact hydro shops in europe and see if they will stock his products, im sure when more people in europe try his products and post the results then they will fly off the shelf,

but till then ill have to save my money till the next time i need some, at least i know the shipping is $50 or just over so i can aim for that plus the price of the nutes, i know corey helped out this time doing them at cost price so ill need to check how much the same products will cost at full price for any future purchases,

thanks mate, so it sounds like its on its way, so could be here sometime next week, or even possibly the end of this week,

i also cant believe the shitty weather here, last week its was hot and t-shirt and shorts weather, woke up today and their was snow on the ground and windy as hell, blew all the stuff around on my balcony, lost some of the kids clothes they just got blown away and cant find them anywhere, gale force winds, cant believe how quick the weather has changed and how bad the weather is not, im so glad i never planted anything outside last week cuz it would be dead by now, its freezing cold, had snow this morning and not its pissing down and windy as hell

Back
Top Bottom