First (Closet) Grow, GDP Hermie Seeds!

thats going to be some haiiiry bud! excellent job! im impressed with your grow kalas!

Beautiful bud shot! :clap:

Thank you very much, gentlemen.
I just read that once in the flowering stage, foliar feedings aren't the greatest thing...
they aren't really necessary at that stage and breathing that stuff in is no good.
In addition to the lack of nitrogen, quite a bit of my leaves are showing calcium and/or magnesium deficiencies :scratchinghead:
I'm almost positive it's due to my "filtered" refrigerator water & the fact that I've never flushed :rollingeyes:
I would add lime, but the start of the nutrient flush happens this Saturday so I really don't see any reason... but then again I am a noob...

I dunno, what do you guys think?

Calciumdef_003.jpg

BTW does anyone know of any stores/markets out there besides Sparkletts/Arrowhead that sell big 5 gallon water bottles with or without water?

Wally World & Kmart sell jugs with or without water.

Hey Kalas, what size pots are those in.... My ladies are doing the same thing as yours and I think they are about the same time in flowering... I thought it was nute lock out because of being rootbound... :peace:

kinda looks like magnesium deficiencies to me epsom salt works well

Yeah mine are like a day or two or three behind yours Irie, been rootbound for a while now... I always thought they were 5 gal, but I'll find out for sure tomorrow.
Good lookin' out Shag... the beginning of the 3 week flush starts tomorrow so I guess I'll just skip the salt for now.

Haha yeah Boss, that's exactly what's been happening.. I think they're starting to come out of that slow growth stage just now, the buds seem to be getting fluffier & expanding sorta like popcorn. On a sour note, all of these bananas are rearing their ugly heads on the biggest plant :thedoubletake:. Dammit.

The pots are 4 gallons, man I always thought they were 5!

I'm just flushing for the final 21 days of flowering, Irie. From what I've gathered GDP is a 8-9 "weeker". I'm thinking my two taller ones are gonna go at 8, give a day or two, and my smallest one at 8 1/2 give or take. People say your bud tastes even better flushed for 3 weeks than if you just flushed for 2.

...also going to bump the lights up to 12.5 on/11.5 off for supposed better yield... people say longer periods of light make the bud leafier. I figure experimenting with a half hour shouldn't do too much damage.

Week 5 is complete and I got 2 out of 3 flushed today, next one tomorrow morning.
Thank gosh I found my old aquarium heater ,it heated my water from the low 60's to around 75 degrees in under 5 minutes, saving me a crapload of time otherwise waiting for it to warm up on its own. I ran about 10 gallons through each bucket

8495-fg343.jpg

03-14-08_5_Weeks_old_004magazine.jpg

Bud/group shot

03-14-08_5_Weeks_old_029magazine.jpg

03-14-08_5_Weeks_old_016magazine.jpg

Awesome looking buds! WOW! Please! Someone invent smell-o-vision already... This temptation is maddening...

fantastic hair ball! odors? i bet its pungent in there..lucky:cheesygrinsmiley: are you ripping that male junk of the bud? or are you hoping for seed?

Yeah it smells great in there! Its not too bad now but I'm sure it will get worse around harvest time. The carbon filter shows up Monday, luckily for now when I stand outside my house near the attic vents I can't smell anything.
I'll probably just leave the plant be... tired of fussing with the bitch.
Que sera, sera!

03-14-08_5_Weeks_old_019magazine.jpg

Kalas, you have a beautiful grow. Do you have enough room in there to sit, meditate and talk with your plants? Do you play music for them? They look very happy!

Back
Top Bottom