First Grow: Auto Critical Purp & Bubblegum, Soil, LED, 2019

I just started growing indoors about 5 months ago,ended up with
one small auto- growing 2 photos right now...the auto was too small (lowryder,it's supposed to be small)
So I'm going to try and keep the photos short enough to fit,but tall enough to fill the box-I kept a sativa
to 14" a few years ago,so I hope that experience will help me now.
So I don't really know my preference yet...I've got to admit,the auto was easy to grow...kind of a "set it and forget it" kind of thing.

I grew a lot of autos when I started out.

Nice.. yeah seemed like autos were kind of a good way to break in a newbie grow, get some buds (hopefully) out of it.. and maybe photos after for getting the weight on and dialing more things in. Carcass, I was intrigued with your budget grow ideas and getting some bang for your buck in small spaces.

My closet has maybe 15ish sqft canopy area, would it just be better to crank out great crops of autos maybe? Two girls are flipping today and getting first little buds

BCF7AAD7-44B4-4AC9-8765-7ED639B178C1.jpeg

I am already thinking about how to build a whole grow room for easy growing and access to everything, but it’s been great getting this started finally. Wish I had started growing years ago.

I said that exact same thing to my self after my first crop. I should have done this years ago... that whole it being illegal put a bit of a damper on things lol! That didn’t stop most people, but everything is so much more easily accessible :thumb:

That light you have looks a lot like the exact same light I have. I’ve got a 1000w higrow full spectrum I bought on amazon
Close.. it’s the 300w version, no name brand a buddy gave two to me.. so I have two of those and a little 200w in the middle another friend gave me.. thank goodness for generous friends! Just bought a nice 1000w COB disc with decent coverage for the middle light to be replaced and will have 1600w total in there, doubling what was in there before. I will now be able to pull that 200w light out and use it to start a veg area for getting things going on the next batch.

Did a feed on the big girl last and and prob last defoil. How often do you all feed vs. water only? This one is a hungry girl so I thought more feed = better ?

Also got to use the drill transfer pump last night and it worked great.. much faster and more evenly distributed for sure.. $17 at homedepot. Tied the branches up a touch on the bubblegum cause she was getting so big.. give a little support.

21D1A5FC-E3DB-4AF9-A4AE-D15790C28AD7.jpeg61566D24-5E7F-4631-9166-77103116A1BF.jpegCCB128C6-553C-4C72-AF7E-BB6E7B04CFBA.jpeg

With my nutrients that I use, I feed them nutrients every time I water:thumb:
Good to know.. I don’t overkill them.. so as long as they look healthy I will run them every time too.

Girls got a new ball of sun today. Also flushed the two critical purple plants. I have been putting it off and they consistently have shown low ph signs, so I sucked it up and flushed them pretty good. It just takes so damn long to do.. I flushed 20ish gallons each and then a lighter nute feed in behind. Hopefully ph issues will subside for those two. Bubblegum has been giving same reading for some low ph, but showing far less issues. I pulled some brown dead leaves out of both, assuming some nute lockout probably caused them with the low ph issues.

Hopefully these girls will appreciate the DOUBLE light intake now @1600w and new home under their small sun. :ganjamon:

4ABCAD39-3D8C-496F-9B42-4B9CF07452F3.jpeg
D5E41C39-6FFD-4F1F-A20C-9291C55C28AE.jpeg
89F5850B-3932-4EA7-9F0D-A5DFF771E7AD.jpeg

Growing is habit forming, be warned! Lol
Hey Penny or backlip, was wondering if you might have an idea to some treatment. Cal mag issues/lockout? Low ph is kinda a known.. been struggle to keep up.

Plant showing some spots.

Been feeding plant 1 every two days. Just got another feed again as she is thirsty, running slightly low ph at run off and struggling to keep it up for all these girls. Showing some spotting and slight burned tips.. spotting might be? I ran 2-3 extra gallons of feed at ph 6.8 through her to try and be generous to her and help the low ph run off.. I hope it does help to some extent.

Plant 2 has been consistently a struggler.. low ph run off, showing this yellowish brown spotting throughout.. how do you keep consistently ph when it wants to run low in soil all the time? I flushed plants 2 and 3 that were showing most low ph signs the other night with about 20 gallons of ph 7.0 water and got the ph run off to just above 6.0.. and then a light nute feed, but I just don’t have time to flush these babies with 35 gallons of ph’d water every time their ph is a little low. Any tips on how to combat this a little better ahead of time? Flushing the 20 gallons took like an hour each plant as was.

Plant 4 just starting signs of similar stuff

Are your plants look to be dropping at all? Damn that’s a lot of water!! I have 5 gallon cloth pots, last time I needed to flush the blue Cookie I put 6 gallons. (Yeah it’s not the recommended 3X the amount of soil theory) but I had great results. Pounded 6 gallons of fresh water and let her dry out real good.

It does look like a bit of a calcium deficiency.

A cannabis calcium deficiency can sometimes be difficult to diagnose since calcium deficiencies are often accompanied by magnesium, iron, and/or other cannabis deficiencies.

Calcium moves relatively slowly through the plant (it is a semi-mobile nutrient), which means it tends to "stay put" after it's been given to a leaf. It tends to show up on leaves that are actively growing and getting some amount of light.
Calcium deficiencies most often show up in the following places:
Newer growth (upper leaves)
Parts of fan leaves that have been exposed to the light

It can show up on lower leaves as well but the calcium defciency appears near the edges that are getting light. Calcium deficiencies often show up on parts of the leaf that are still actively growing.

Are your plants look to be dropping at all? Damn that’s a lot of water!! I have 5 gallon cloth pots, last time I needed to flush the blue Cookie I put 6 gallons. (Yeah it’s not the recommended 3X the amount of soil theory) but I had great results. Pounded 6 gallons of fresh water and let her dry out real good.

It does look like a bit of a calcium deficiency.

A cannabis calcium deficiency can sometimes be difficult to diagnose since calcium deficiencies are often accompanied by magnesium, iron, and/or other cannabis deficiencies.

Calcium moves relatively slowly through the plant (it is a semi-mobile nutrient), which means it tends to "stay put" after it's been given to a leaf. It tends to show up on leaves that are actively growing and getting some amount of light.
Calcium deficiencies most often show up in the following places:
Newer growth (upper leaves)
Parts of fan leaves that have been exposed to the light

It can show up on lower leaves as well but the calcium defciency appears near the edges that are getting light. Calcium deficiencies often show up on parts of the leaf that are still actively growing.
Yes I would say they look a tad droopy along with the spotting.. and the spots are spreading unfortunately. I ordered some calmag, should be here Saturday and I am going to starting mixing in with feeds.

What kind of soil are you in?
For now stop measuring runoff and just make sure your ph going in is correct 6.4-6.8 going in. What all are you feeding her and how much. How big is the pot? Every 2 days may be to much water.

Well I found the culprit of the freaking bad ph.. the damn soil! I am using promix.

I had never seen anybody say to check your soil mix for pH problems before putting it in. You would think it would be baseline or something or closest to that but definitely is not the case. My soil pH is running in the low fives right out of the bag. Should I consider doing a transplant at this point even though the plants just started flowering.? One of my sick plans just keeps getting sicker clearly with some pH and nutrient lockout issues that we talked about Last post. I know I have heard that transplanting can’t stunt them however would not leaving them in the bad soil Stunt them more and possibly kill them? What’s the best way to transplant into new soil..? Like things I should pay attention to when doing it!?

Back
Top Bottom