First Grow CFL Noob Grower

Nice, this is when I harvest, when I see 1 amber trich....just my preference, and I aint heard a complaint yet!:thumb:

No matter what? Even when half or more Are still clear? What about lower parts of the branch do you ever let them go longer? Im wondering if I shouldnt of harvested all of the one, I was hoping for this one to be my out and about stash with a good head high. I was scared though cause still 30% or so cllear.

And thanks for all the info hiker im definitely gettin the humidity packs. I definitely Like the hid better then The cfls now, The hids light is much more beneficial llight spectrum.

No matter what? Even when half or more Are still clear? What about lower parts of the branch do you ever let them go longer? Im wondering if I shouldnt of harvested all of the one, I was hoping for this one to be my out and about stash with a good head high. I was scared though cause still 30% or so cllear.

And thanks for all the info hiker im definitely gettin the humidity packs. I definitely Like the hid better then The cfls now, The hids light is much more beneficial llight spectrum.

You need to experiment, just like you're doing, it's kinda tough, different plants, different strains, different highs at different points of maturity.

Good advice up there ^

When to harvest is not a black and white issue. There are so many variable.

If you wanted that plant to be your "out and about" stash, then harvest it. The longer you wait, the more it will start to shift towards the "couch lock" end of the spectrum. This is a generalization of course. While true, the effect will vary somewhat by strain.

You're just going to have to do more experimenting to figure out what works best for YOU. It sounds to me like you should probably take the one now, and let the others ripen a bit. Then you will able to compare. This is one of the reasons a lot of growers like to work with the same strain over and over. You get to know your strain. After several harvests, you will know that you like to harvest on day 58 for "out and about" buds, and wait until day 70 to get couch lock.

There are as many ways to grow cannabis as there are growers. :winkyface:

Good advice up there ^

When to harvest is not a black and white issue. There are so many variable.

If you wanted that plant to be your "out and about" stash, then harvest it. The longer you wait, the more it will start to shift towards the "couch lock" end of the spectrum. This is a generalization of course. While true, the effect will vary somewhat by strain.

You're just going to have to do more experimenting to figure out what works best for YOU. It sounds to me like you should probably take the one now, and let the others ripen a bit. Then you will able to compare. This is one of the reasons a lot of growers like to work with the same strain over and over. You get to know your strain. After several harvests, you will know that you like to harvest on day 58 for "out and about" buds, and wait until day 70 to get couch lock.

There are as many ways to grow cannabis as there are growers. :winkyface:

That is what makes the cannabis so lovely, it is a living canvas, every artist touches the medium differently, and the results are unique to each moment.

So I smoked some of the buds I harvested the other day, and I really enjoyed the nice clean daytime high. This made my decision to take the most of her. The smell was nice and tasted nice, Wasn't harsh even with a no cure.. I left 3-4 tops to let them amber a good bit more just so I can learn and feel the difference. I ended up pulling another 21 grams wet weight for a total of 29 wet grams, so maybe 8-9 grams dry,and maybe another 3-4 dry grams later if the lower buds flourish..... not as much as I hoped for but for a first grow ill take it I know with my hps my 2nd will be a ton better. Forgot to mention that i left the lower buds on most the branches hoping they would keep flowering or make seeds.... win - win right?

I took one sativa bud at the same time I would be happy with it if I was looking for a daytime, but since I dont sleep well I'd like to have a couch lock stash aswell. This has a smell like Ive never smelled before the closest thing I can describe it to is cherry moonshine (the kind that is a mason jar filled with cherries). It is very, very strong, it burns the back of my throat just smelling the jar its so strong.

I got some screen so I can make a proper drying rack, right now they are hanging from a line inside a fan box that i close up and leave near a fan.

so without further ado
DSCN19643.JPG
DSCN19654.JPG
DSCN19665.JPG
DSCN19674.JPG
DSCN19685.JPG
DSCN19715.JPG
DSCN19705.JPG
DSCN19694.JPG
DSCN19725.JPG
DSCN19745.JPG
DSCN19736.JPG
DSCN19755.JPG

Nothing wrong with the way you're drying. If you haven't needed the rack yet, you may not need one. Look great! grats

Thanks man congratz on motm nominee btw, you always have great posts. Im gonna try a homemade rack on part of my sativa harvest to compare the two.

Ive saved/frozen the clippings anyway to make hash using homemade materials I have a screen used for window screen repair, but dont know the best method.

I weighed the drying buds today 10g total weight so maybe by tomorrow they will be able to be jarred.

Been burping the curing green pretty often I think I might of jarred a day too early, so wanna make sure humidity doesnt build up too much.

They probly trippin a little on new enviro..........did you just transplant?

They are still in the same pot they were planted in from the cloner. After researching a good bit, If a clone is taking during flower, The clone Will sometimes create new Very rapid growth in order to stay alive, often the growth will be deformed . I guess its becuase the plant is more focused on the growth then it is focused on the formation of its leaves... maybe shell recover and start growing normally.

They are still in the same pot they were planted in from the cloner. After researching a good bit, If a clone is taking during flower, The clone Will sometimes create new Very rapid growth in order to stay alive, often the growth will be deformed . I guess its becuase the plant is more focused on the growth then it is focused on the formation of its leaves... maybe shell recover and start growing normally.

Oh no doubt, this happens before a rapid growth cycle!

The cones have started oon that rapid growth one has grown a inch in just over 24 hours, yesterday was their first feed i guess they liked it pretty good.

I tried my hand at making blender hash its been in the fridge for 20 minutes well see if it worked shortly then just gotta dry it

Don't sweat the weird looking leaves. Clones look like that a lot. I have several clones that have some leaves like that, from different strains, so it's just from the shock of being cloned. Once it's established and growing normally, it will look right again.

What is blender hash?

Don't sweat the weird looking leaves. Clones look like that a lot. I have several clones that have some leaves like that, from different strains, so it's just from the shock of being cloned. Once it's established and growing normally, it will look right again.

What is blender hash?

Found it online, taking trimmings and putting them in ice water and blending it in the blender, run it through a metal coffee strainer then let the water sit for 30-60 mins in a fridge. Then skim out as much water without disturbing the bottom of your container, and run it through a paper coffee filter.. press the excess water out and let dry. pretty much ice hash using a blender

ahhh OK. It's the "settling" method. I don't have bags yet either. Perhaps I'll try that method.

Back
Top Bottom