First Grow - Feminized Pure Power Plant - Indoor

FloCash

First off I would like to thank TxState and Boss for inspiring me to grow after reading their relatively cheap grow journals. Nice work men.

Anyways, this was originally gonna be a budget grow, which is still is, but I came into a small chunk of change during the time I decided to grow so why not use it to invest, right?

First I started off by finding my "spot." My space was limited in a sense, meaning that I have several places that could be potential grow sites, but I was limited by height. To keep my grow on the down low, I decided upon a grow tent after finding one that fit the description. It measures 48 x 20 x 48, so I won't be able to house tall plants but I think it will do. It stated that it was made for a T5 flourescent light fixture, so that's what I went with seeing that both the tent and fixture was in my budget of $500. I used my remaining funds to purchase the other essentials (soil, nutes, timer, pots, seeds, etc).

Basically I'm using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. From what I've read it's a pretty good soil to start with. I also picked up a bottle of liquid seaweed and Fox Farms Grow Big and Tiger Bloom liquid nutrients. These seem pretty popular in the grow world and I figured they were good enough for me.

Next I had to decide on what kind of seeds I was gonna purchase. I did a little research because at first I was really nervous about getting seeds through the mail. I stumbled upon Nirvana seeds and browsed their selection for a bit. Finally, after a few days of making up my mind I decided on Pure Power Plant due to it's high THC content and relatively large yield. I thought I made the right decision until I just recently read a couple negative comments about Nirvana and read about TxStates problem where only 3 of his 5 PPP seeds germinated. We'll see what happens....

So here I am, starting the journal off with the germination. I'm using the germination kit that I purchased along with the seeds. They're little plots wrapped with bio-degradable lining that soak up the water/bacto (supplied with the kit) solution and form a bigger-little plot. I poked the seed down about 3mm like it suggested and it's all in Mother Nature's hands for now.

I'll update the journal again when I start seeing some action happening. But for now I just had one concern that hopefully you guys could set me straight on. I'm concerned that for flowering my florescents aren't gonna put off enough light intensity and I'm gonna have skimpy looking plants. Anyone care to shed some knowledge on this matter?

**tl;dr version for you lazy stoners: First grow. T5 flouro's. PPP fem. in soil. :grinjoint:**

Hoi
Good luck with your PPP, hope you got them from a better batch than those of TxState.

:peace:

Thanks for the luck, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I did.

Aaaaannnnddd here's a picture of the seeds and germination kit from when I received them in the mail. I gotta pick up some new batteries tomorrow, and I'll snap some pics of the germination in progress.

seedsngermkit.jpg

Just a little update... I decided on trying the paper towel method for germinating as well so I can try to compare and notice some differences between the two methods, so I started one of the PPP seeds that way. As of a few minutes ago, the seed has cracked and is showing signs of growth which is a good feeling. Still waiting on seeing some life from the germ plots but it's still got a few days before I should start to expect somethings gone wrong.

On another note I've been reading up on LST and SCRoG growing methods and decided to do a mini-expierimental grow on some bagseed. I've started the germination on 4 seeds, so one of them should (hopefully) be a female. This is just for the expierience and fun, so I'm not really looking to get anything out of it. It will be grown completely with CFL's.

I still need to get batteries, so I'll be sure to get them before the next update when all the seeds have sprouted.

Just checked the PPP seed that was germinating in the paper towel and it's first root has emerged about 2mm, so from what I understand it was ready to go into it's cup of soil for now. I'm thinking I need to add more Perlite to my soil, at the moment I'm using just straight up Fox Farms Ocean Forest right outta the bag.

I also couldn't help myself and gently checked to see the progress of the seeds germinating in the plots. The one I checked on had it's first root emerged so I am assuming the others are right with it.

Without much feedback on my question about the fluorescent being intense enough to have a decent yield from a few plants, I've decided that with my limited budget right now I'm gonna play it safe and beef up my lumen output by adding 8 40w CFL's to my setup. That will put the lumen output from my lights up to 40,600 which should be pretty sufficient for my 48"x20"x48" grow tent. I do plan on purchasing another grow tent and a 400w HPS in the near future when funds allow for it. This way I can have my veg. tent with the T5 fixture and the flowering tent with the HPS.

And I apologize for the fairly boring journal thus far, it's just been me rambling pretty much. Once things get going it will be much more interesting and I'll be sure to include lots of pics of progress.

:roorrip:

You explain in detail what you do, i like it its not boring.
Right now pics of plain soil could be :)
Lookin forward to the birth of your babies.

Keep it commin!

FloCash, nothing is boring here, and welcome to the grow site. We appreciate coming in for your ride along. Mixing a little perlite with the FFOF soil is ok. I do not recommend adding any liquid fertilizers till seeds are up and going. The T5 should do you well as also adding the CFL's. Good Idea on the 400w HPS later on the Veg / Bloom areas seperately.
I prefer soils to Hydro. We look forward to seeing your journey's along a greener garden.

Thanks for the kind words Insider and Cherma.

So, earlier in the thread I mentioned that I was putting the paper towel method to the test against the germination kit that I purchased with my seeds. Well guess who the winner was? Paper towel method all the way. The seed germinated via PT not only sprouted first, but has a major lead over the others. Luckily for me, I did get a good batch of seeds and all 5 of my PPP seeds sprouted. The ones germinated with the kit are still at war with their seed remnants but the one germinated with the PT is actually green and growing its first set of leaves (aside from the first two dinky leaves, someone can let me know the scientific name - haha).

Pics coming soon when the other seedlings are picture worthy.

:slide:

Things couldnt be going better Pan. Here's my babies as of 5 minutes ago:

SDC10453.JPG

The pictures don't do them justice, as they are much greener then they appear to be, but my camera piece of shit camera is to blame for that. Can you tell which one was germinated via paper towel? As you can see, it's got a good start on the others.

Flocash, looks like we have a parallel going on here ; )
race ya!;););) I think the pp plants are going to look amazing when done too by the way!

Good baby photos, are there holes in the bottom for drainage?
Yeah, I've got plenty of holes poked in the bottoms and a few in the sides near the bottom as well.

Flocash, looks like we have a parallel going on here ; )
race ya!;););) I think the pp plants are going to look amazing when done too by the way!

Haha, your on! :grinjoint: Good luck with your crop.

Hahah thanks brutha, still trying to get my hydro system operational haha, anyways started germ like 3 days ago, bet the smoke is better knowing you grew it yourself haha.

I bet it is also. The psychological factor of knowing you grew it probably increases the potency by a good bit (psychologically of course).

Just growing from the soil always sounded a lot easier to me. Maybe one day hydro will appeal to me, but for now while I am still learning soils where it's at. Hopefully you can get everything straightened out soon.

Sorry for the double post, but I'm wondering if lady bugs are a threat to my plants. They seem to like my grow tent and I keep finding the little buggers right on top of my babies and it's making me nervous... :helpsmilie:

Hoi
I read somewhere that ladybugs is not bad for your plants and they keep spidermites away.
-! correct me if im wrong !-

Edit, after googelin marijuana ladybug it seems this is correct.

That makes me feel a lot better haha, I thought the bastards were gonna assume that my plants were dinner.

+reps for you my friend.

:thanks: Insider

Back
Top Bottom