First Grow - Feminized Pure Power Plant - Indoor

Thanks Pan, I think they're doing pretty well myself if I may say so. They made some good growth overnight:

SDC10461.JPG

and the PT germed one has even started his second set of leaves:

SDC10472.JPG

I still need to pick up a PH tester, as I have no clue what the current PH level is. I've just been using bottled water to feed them . I also started them on a pretty low strength liquid seaweed solution, so I hope they enjoy that (and it doesn't hurt them).

:smokin:

Flo they look very healthy.:cool:

At least where I live the bottled water here is crap most of it's just filtered. Although I am not surprised high ppm Calcium 230 to 300 the bottled water tested. So I used distilled water for my tanks but the girls in soil still get tap water and I feed and water using immersion.

Anyway you got one heck of a start there.:popcorn:
Will be watching.

Pan4

Thanks for the encouraging words you two, and I pass all compliments on to the babies. I think I might talk to them too much if there even is such a thing. :laugh:

I'm definitely glad that lady bugs are a good thing. I live out in the sticks (lol) and there is an abundance of them.

Little update... I was gone over the weekend and happy to see some decent growth when I got back. Again, my camera really distorts the full green color they are, but none the less you can see the progress they are making:

SDC10490.JPG

It's officially been nine days since germination and I am pretty happy with the progress they've made. They all are on their second set of leaves, with the leader on it's third. They seem to be liking the seaweed tea they've been getting too.

Oh and I don't think I ever specified the time cycle they have been growing on. I've been running the light on 24/7 since they sprouted. I was originally gonna run 18/6, but leaving the light on keeps the tent warmer during these chilly winter days. On a colder day the tent stays in the low to mid 70's, and on a warmer day it varies between high 70's and low 80's. I still haven't picked up a PH tester, but I haven't seen any abnormalities yet either, knock on wood...

:grinjoint:

also started them on a pretty low strength liquid seaweed solution, so I hope they enjoy that (and it doesn't hurt them).

Seaweed contains 63 trace elements, I have used Seaweed in all forms as I can redily pick it at on low tide, this I use in the outdoor garden beds, it is washed several times and laid out in the sun to dry, and added in the soils.

I also use Liquid Seaweed, for applications after 3 weeks up and growing. I only start my plants in a Standard Pro Mix soil. Not using any fertilizers in the initial soil prep for starts. Occasionally I will use EJ Rootstock in a light application for new sprouts 1 week to 3 weeks old. This just helps stimulate root develpoment, vias a liquid feed. The standard Pro Mix soil medium will carry these thru for at least 3 weeks. Then and only then do I add any dry fertilizers to the next 3-5 gallonn transplanting for further Vegging. I have posted all mixes and measurements on my " Cherma Medical Grow" journal.

The sprouts above are going well. Also I would not suggest mixing Seaweed with any other Nutrient to feed with. It can cause a Varigated reaction to your plants, Thus streaking the leaves " Yellow" amongst the Green, or Varigated.
The thing that bothers some here is that I have never in over 30 years of Growing Cannabis ever tested the PH. I was taught that there is no need constantly be testing PH if you balance correctly.
Too much effort is put into this and changing your plants roots and arteries on a daily basis can cause and wreak havoc. Unless in Hydro Grow,which is critical to mointor PH.
Mind you, my mentor graduated from Harvard 1967. I was explained & taught the PH scenario in Horticultural Science classes and still have never tested PH. I have always grown with soils, and after mixing soils and fertilizers over 30 years, maybe it just comes naturally that I do not have to test PH.
I am a big proponant of Seaweed, again as it has 63 trace elements, and plants love them all. Good Job!

Yeah, I will probably resort to ebay, or another online retailer to pick up a PH meter. Where I live, there is no hydro or gardening store within a reasonable distance.

Great information about seaweed..

Thanks for posting this, as I only knew that seaweed was good for the plants, rather then why. When I say low strength seaweed solution, I mean like it said a cap full per gallon, and I added maybe an eighth of an inch to a bottle of water haha. I figured it couldn't hurt.

Also, with the ph meter, it's not really to constantly test and stress my plants out, but rather to make sure that I'm not feeding them something that is not in the appropriate range the plant prefers. As it stands, I haven't a clue what the PH is in the water I am giving them. It's just bottled water which they seem to like thus far.

Little group shot of them in the tent from today:

SDC10509.JPG

Why hello there..

SDC10510.JPG

Awww! Cute lady bug! Your plants look great! Good job on not over watering as well.

I have used Seaweed in all forms as I can redily pick it at on low tide,

You are sooo lucky! ;-)

Are you talk'n to the plants still or is it your new friend the cool lady bug? :laughtwo:

Ohh on the serious side....do you see roots come'n out of the bottoms yet? From the look of it I would think that you maybe able to tranplant in a week...give or take.

Both haha. Neither of em talk back though. I know they hear me, that's all that matters :laughtwo:

I haven't spotted any roots coming out of the bottom, but I do plan on transplanting them within the week. Thanks for looking out for them.

And, thanks for the kind words Ms. Fox. I had triple read everything that involved growing while I was learning, so I would remember it now. I just want them to have the smoothest transaction from seed to bud as possible.

;)

Uck.. I have had a rough day today. When I got home today, I routinely checked on my plants and found them to be knocked over in the tent. I'm assuming it was one of my dogs, but it was a very frightening site to say the least. Aside from a lot of spilled dirt, I don't think they really took that much damage from the blow. I'm sure the roots took some shock, but for the most part they stayed intact, and the plants didn't take any damage really, aside from one plant having a torn leaf.

So, I went ahead and transplanted them into cut two liter bottles until I can get to the store and get some suitable buckets. I'm really hoping this fall didn't hurt them too bad, because they were really doing good.

Anyways, pics when I get some new batteries. Let's hope this didn't kill em.

So, it's been a while since the last update, but everything is still going good. I went ahead and purchased some pots and transplanted them, so they should have plenty of room for their roots to grow. The fall hasn't seem to hurt them much at all.

Anyways, here's a few pictures..

A little group shot of them, the one in the orange colored pot is a little lst experiment
2-28-09-2.JPG

One of the better ones
2-28-09-4.JPG

Another shot that came out alright
2-28-09.JPG

Oh, and I also started them on 1/4 str. Fox Farms Grow Big on Monday which they seem to be enjoying.

Until next time :roorrip:

... but I'm wondering if lady bugs are a threat to my plants. They seem to like my grow tent and I keep finding the little buggers right on top of my babies and it's making me nervous...

they are not a threat to your plants, but they do not just hang out cause they like you. they are very good predators capable of eating mantis's and spiders along with aphids and mites. you gotta have a food source in there for em' cause they pack up and go when they've ate everything. how many are there by the way? are they're still squatting at your pad? :cool:

hi, peek-a-boo from England here, i was wondering how long you intend to veg your power plants before flowering. I have 1 in veg only 2 weeks and it is enormous, i was wondering whether to flower now or not,?

Pan - The holes were indeed blocked when I got them, but I made sure to cut them out so the drainage is fine.

nbk - Yeah there is still a few of them hanging around. After reading your statement, I checked out the tent to see if I could notice any pests they might be living off of and I couldn't see anything. I'm thinking they might just like the warmth of the tent, considering it is in an attic space that isn't exactly warm.

Cherma - I'm definitely being on the more cautious side when it comes to the nutes. I just don't wanna mess these girls up.

Peek - I'm probably gonna veg mine out for atleast another solid 2 weeks I'm thinking. From what I understand, they will double, triple or even quadruple in size depending on the genetics. So I would suggest keeping that in mind. For me, my grow space isn't as tall as I would like, but I am gonna have to live with it. I'm looking to keep my plants around the 3ft. mark.

Back
Top Bottom