First Grow - Feminized Pure Power Plant - Indoor

hi flo, thanks for the reply, yeah they do grow big in flower, but i have not tried this strain before. I too dont have too much headspace, but i was wondering if i should go by size, or maturity (age) of the plant before flowering, does any one have any comments, thanks

Peek-a-boo

hi flo, thanks for the reply, yeah they do grow big in flower, but i have not tried this strain before. I too dont have too much headspace, but i was wondering if i should go by size, or maturity (age) of the plant before flowering, does any one have any comments, thanks

Peek-a-boo

Well, considering this is my first grow ever, I really can't help you out there haha

I do have a small dilemma of my own though, too

On two of the plants, a few of the leaves are getting discolored like so:

SDC10522.JPG

and it's making me crazy. They are growing fine, so I am unsure if it's something to be worried about, but if someone could fill me in on that I would appreciate it

:grinjoint:

Oh, and the tent is finally starting to smell like there's cannabis plants growing inside lol

When you open the doors on the front you get a nice whiff of marijuana

:smokin:

I got the same on one of my big bangs, started about 2 weeks into veg and it is now in second week of flower, i aint done nothing about it and wouldnt know what to do. Grows good though.

Luckily my dogs are to big to get into my growtent :) good to hear they are not affected by the fall but growing on. Good luck with the PPPs.

:peace:

I got the same on one of my big bangs, started about 2 weeks into veg and it is now in second week of flower, i aint done nothing about it and wouldnt know what to do. Grows good though.

Luckily my dogs are to big to get into my growtent :) good to hear they are not affected by the fall but growing on. Good luck with the PPPs.

:peace:

Glad to hear it hasn't affected your crop, hopefully mine is the same way.

Yeah, when I first witnessed the tragedy my heart stopped and my jaw dropped (lol). But once I saw that they weren't really hurt that bad it lifted my spirits. I guess the ganja god was looking out for me or something haha

:thanks::grinjoint:

hi flo, i had something very similar appear on my leaves last year, it turned out to be thrips. I used "Pest Off" which is an organic remedy available over here. It didnt eliminate them completely but i do spray them regularly and it keeps them under control. Doesnt seem to affect the plants much as they get bigger, but they do need to be controlled cos they multiply very quickly and munch the bottom leaves.

hope this helps

peek-a-boo

Hmm, well I have been keeping my eye out for pests, but I am just not seeing any. Plus, the discoloration really doesn't seem to affect them at all. I am thinking another week or so in veg. and then I am gonna switch em over to 12/12.

Here's a few individual shots of the ladies as of earlier, they also got a fed a nice mix of 3/4 str. FF Grow Big and a full str. seaweed tea:

PPP lady #1

SDC10546.JPG

PPP lady #2

SDC10547.JPG

PPP lady #3

SDC10550.JPG

the PPP runt

SDC10549.JPG

and last but not least, the lst experiment

SDC10548.JPG

Until next time.... :roorrip:

Soooo.... It's been a while since I last updated, and a lot has happened since then too haha. Their doing pretty well, and they're a little over a week into flowering as well. Here's some more current photos:

Left side of the tent

SDC10749.JPG

Right side, you can see my ghetto plant raisers haha

SDC10751.JPG

The semi-lst'd one

SDC10755.JPG

One of the smaller ones

SDC10757.JPG

The other smaller one

SDC10756.JPG

Bottom of the biggest one

SDC10758.JPG

and the biggest ones cola

SDC10759.JPG

As you can see they've made some progress. You probably also notice they look a little bare. I got a little trim happy on em one day because I noticed a lot of light was being blocked out to the lower bud sites and since I'm using florescents I thought it would be best to trim em. I got a little carried away and then read that trimming fan leaves isn't a great idea - haha. But they're doing good still and that's all that matters right?

Anyways, I'll update this again when I notice some good improvement, and as always, all the kind words are appreciated.

:grinjoint:

So.. Things are looking good in the tent. They're growing quite nicely and starting to develop a decent bit of visible trichs in the bud sites. I also had a little bit of extra cash so I ordered a 4ft. 2 bulb t5 fixture with bloom bulbs that I'm gonna add alongside the 4 bulb fixture. I figured the $60 was worth it for 10k extra lumens. That bumps me up to 30k in my 2ft.x6ft.x4ft. tent which I'm hoping is sufficient for a decent yield.

I forgot to get batteries so no pics haha, but I'll get some new ones up soon.

I got the lights in the other day and I think they're definitely benefiting from the extra output. Here's a few shots that I liked from some that I took earlier..

SDC10766.JPG

SDC10773.JPG

SDC10768.JPG

SDC10765.JPG

SDC10762.JPG

SDC10769.JPG

Anyways, happy 4/20 everyone! Jack Herrer served me quite well today :grinjoint:

Looking good Flo... always a good sign when they are reaching for the light...... Jack is always a good one to spend 420 with... Nice job on the garden.. :peace:

Thanks for the kind words you three. I'll definitely pass it on to the ladies.

Everything is chugging along quite well, except I wasn't expecting the new light fixture to throw off so much heat. With just the 4 bulb fixture, I was able to maintain a mid 70's to low 80's temp. range with just my ghetto ventilation setup (small fan reversed in the vent hole at the top of my tent, with another fan bringing fresh air in at the side vent hole haha). Now with the new 2 bulb fixture I'm having problems with the temp. reaching the high 90's, especially since it is warming up around here during the day.

Looks like when finances allow, I'll need to purchase a proper ventilation system. I looked at HTG Supply and I should be able to pick something up for under $100, luckily smell isn't an issue so I can skip on the carbon scrubber.

Anyways, they haven't really made any huge progress since the last time I updated, but I'll get some more pics up later anyways.

Howdy Flo, Just found your grow. Great Job! Have you cloned them yet? If so how hard to clone? MAN them girls are Beasts! for their size. Hows the smell? How many wks for flower do you think? Excellent choice!

Back
Top Bottom