First Grow - Hempy Bucket & CFL

20140823_125410.jpg
20140823_125338.jpg
20140823_005502.jpg
Here's the little girl today continuing her steady increase in foliage. No roots showing just yet.

You think so?

So far I'm about 10 mm from the bottom of the net cup filled with leca with my bubbling water.

The water mix is collected rain water with 8 ml per gallon voodoo juice. Going to run that mix for the first 10 days which will be Thursday I guess. Might be earlier or sooner depending on how the pH fluctuates or if she's asking for nutes.

Should I be running a 1/16th dose of nutes already as I'm in just water and beneficial bacteria and enzymes and stuff? Maybe I should have put some ubsulfured molasses for the bennys to eat? Still learning my way in this Hydro bucket business so any help is appreciated.

Her next node is emerging from within the 3 leaflet set of leaves. I'm hoping for a 5 leaflet. That should be the second set of true leaves if you start counting from the 3 leaf? Or do you start from the single leaflet?

Okay for anyone in the same boat as me I just across this thread here
Feeding in Deep Water Culture, Getting Started & PPM

Says there once you see the third node emerge start weak nutes. So I have given her a little boost with some flora Nova grow at 1 ml per gallon. That's eighth strength or so and I have my calmag ready as well but haven't added any just yet.

Should Def be too weak to give me any burn but hopefully strong enough to not leave her hungry. Cotelydons only started yellowing very minimally and I figured I'll try to keep em around as long as possibly because they show signs very early of deficiencies.

Well I didn't do a full flush I just emptied the bucket and added my nutes and reused the same water as it still seemed fresh probably thanks to the bennys.

I wanted to keep this original mix until Thursday or Friday because the bennys take a week or two to build their homes in the root system and draining it before a week would be a waste.

Depending on response from Akela I may do the drain and add again on Tuesday if she's hungry.

Btw pH has been quite stable with the voodoo juice working it's magic. My rain water is about 7 and when I add the voodoo juice it drops to around 6 and basically stays there. Now with the addition of the small amount of nutes it's 5.8 and I'll watch the fluctuation. Hadn't pH adjusted yet because I feel the rain water should be good enough without it rather than adding pH down into the system if it will work fine without

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom