First Grow - Hempy Bucket & CFL

Thanks for the tips. Maybe I'll just change the name of the journal so it's easier to find for those who wish to continue my newbie grow.

Currently have a seed in a paper towel in a zip lock bag germing. Last time I basically went from there into about an inch of perlite then into the dwc. Do you think I would benefit by going from sprout to a solo cup perlite hempy for a couple of weeks before switching to the bucket or will that be negligible on root production since the bubbler bucket provides so much oxygen and water to the roots that they grow nicely even in a larger pot from the start?

Can't wait to get into this grow. Third grow, first feminized and first auto and first seed I can link to an actual strain rather than some random bagseed that's either really good meds with a couple seeds or some not so good meds that were loaded with seeds.

I'm guessing in about a week or so I'll have a seedling sprouted and I'll be back on the road to greenlightenment

For now I let her germ and poke around some more on the wonderful journals on this site. I don't always have something to post but I definitely enjoy reading all of your journals, and especially checking out pics.

Thanks 420mag

You could also start putting the new journal links in your signature block. Makes it real easy to find stuff. Check my block below to see. I can send you a pm with the info to edit your sig block of you need it

20140809_145650.jpg
20140809_145629.jpg
I'll decide when I get a tap root from this seed until then it's just hopes and dreams.
Here's some shots of the murder. I was going to use my pruners but then decided this one had to be done by hand. That there isn't even s third of the root system

A new beginning

20140819_232627.jpg

High out there

This little seedling is apparently an ak47 autoflower breeder unknown.

Supposed 44 day flower or something either way I won't make her be punctual. I think I'll call her Akela and she can be leader of the pack one day.

Little Akela came to me in a pot of triple mix and over watered. Got her out of there and into my bubbling bucket of rainwater and voodoo juice.

She's been in there a couple of hours and seems to be liking her new den in the clay.

Set up remains the topled 48x3w reflector series led. Set to veg at the moment.
Height of light from seedling is 33 inches. Will watch progress and adjust accordingly.

Can't wait to get some greenery back in the tent.

Great recommendation to lower the lights. Did so and Akela is really spreading her little leaves out and up as much as she can. Really great vigor so far from this little seedling and definitely looks happier than when she came into my possession.

I'd post a pic but basically it's grown about an eighth inch in every direction so maybe at the 24 hour mark, 11 pm est I'll look again and maybe snap a photo if anyone's interested.

Thanks for watching

20140821_215003.jpg
20140821_195851.jpg

Another day another smidge of growth. Guess I'm not expecting much as it's probably concentrating on getting those roots out of the net pot

I've always heard three nodes before nutes and that's what I've been doing and unless I see yellowing of the cots I won't be adding nutes until then.

On 18-6 right now and will probably leave it there unless cold forces me to go 24-0

Looking good. Yeah, they don't seem to do much the first week, but once that taproot makes its way it'll blow up. Good thinking waiting on the yellowing of the cotyledons

Any thoughts on a name for my grow? Should I keep it clean and simple 'auto ak47 in dwc under topled 48x3'

Continue it here for inspiration for those who continually grow males or fails that you gotta keep on trying?

Little early for celebrations but I'm enthused about the transformation since I've got Akela a proper home.

Back
Top Bottom