First Grow In Over 20 Years! Northern Lights Under 600W LED

I use all three wires, and the bare one adds a bit of copper to the grow! But I didn't buy it for that purpose, it was just sitting around.

From what I've read (and I think even Light Addict confirmed this though I could be mistaken), you get fatter more bag-ready buds from back building, but you prevent further growth north. This doesn't increase the total harvest weight in the end.

This is just from what I've read from those who have tried it. I like long foxtailed colas so I never snip them. Imagine what the one on the right would have looked like if I had topped it when the backbuilders recommend:

Yes, that is why I am using baling wire because I have about a hundred feet just laying around.

And yes, I believe I did read that too that back building doesn’t actually increase total harvest and I am not saying it does but it did seem to give me one of my best buds but that could just be a coincidence.

A pic is worth a thousand words and your pic certainly makes a point. That is one impressive bud. Makes me feel a little inadequate in the bud department, lol…. :oops:

Don't feel bad HS...most of my plants don't grow anything like that. But when they want to, I let 'em!

I am only joking; I am pretty happy with my buds for a first grow. I don't think I will have a supply problem. :thumb:

Yep you’re doing well!

Thanks, Pennywise but as I keep saying that has a lot more to do with all the great folks like you who have helped me than anything else. :ciao: :thumb:

You’ll kill it next grow!

It really should because I didn't have my nutes right till half way through the grow and my pH was way off and I still got decent results so with those straightened out hopefully next grow should be killer!!! Baring any catastrophes, lol...

Next go round dial in temps and rh and you’ll surprise yourself

I have finally dialled that in too and this thing is really helpful because it records hi and low temps and RH. I bought it because I saw it recommended for curing but it has been really useful in the grow room too.

Caliber IV Digital Hygromter Western Humidor
Amazon.ca

I had a cheap hygrometer in my grow room but it gave out so I bought this one and I realized my old one was out by about 15%. Even my dehumidifier I keep running in the grow room is out by about the same amount. Luckily I read to get this stuff to calibrate my hygrometer so I actually know it is right now.
Amazon.ca

I had a cheap hygrometer in my grow room but it gave out so I bought this one and I realized my old one was out by about 15%. Even my dehumidifier I keep running in the grow room is out by about the same amount. Luckily I read to get this stuff to calibrate my hygrometer so I actually know they are right now.
Amazon.ca
Those are great for curing your bud. For calibrating a hygrometer:
How to calibrate your hygrometer
  • Place a teaspoon of salt in a bottle cap and pour just enough distilled water to make slush (without dissolving it).
  • Carefully place the wet salt and the hygrometer inside a see-through container and close tightly. You can use a zip lock bag provided it seals well and you leave some air inside as well.
  • Let it sit for at least 6 hours and note the reading on the hygrometer without opening the container. The hygrometer should should read 75%. The difference is how much your hygrometer is off. For example, if your hygrometer reads 70% during the salt method test this means that to obtain the real humidity level you should add 5 points.

Those are great for curing your bud. For calibrating a hygrometer:
How to calibrate your hygrometer
  • Place a teaspoon of salt in a bottle cap and pour just enough distilled water to make slush (without dissolving it).
  • Carefully place the wet salt and the hygrometer inside a see-through container and close tightly. You can use a zip lock bag provided it seals well and you leave some air inside as well.
  • Let it sit for at least 6 hours and note the reading on the hygrometer without opening the container. The hygrometer should should read 75%. The difference is how much your hygrometer is off. For example, if your hygrometer reads 70% during the salt method test this means that to obtain the real humidity level you should add 5 points.

Actually many years ago when I grew some magic mushrooms I used the salt method to calibrate my hyrometer but bought the Humidpaks for my curing so I used them to calibrate because I know they are at 62%. The Caliber IV Digital Hygromter was calibrated at the factory and it was bang on so hopefully I am dialed in.

Actually many years ago when I grew some magic mushrooms I used the salt method to calibrate my hyrometer but bought the Humidpaks for my curing so I used them to calibrate because I know they are at 62%. The Caliber IV Digital Hygromter was calibrated at the factory and it was bang on so hopefully I am dialed in.
Those are good hygrometers (if too pricey for me!) and can be calibrated. The problem with using boveda packs is that they're pretty slow to react and were never meant to be used for calibration. Salt method is easy, fast, and precise.

Back
Top Bottom