First Grow In Over 20 Years! Northern Lights Under 600W LED

And will be growing white widow and OG kush starting tomorrow :)
Hope you will join my journal

Yay!! Congratulations Birdie for getting your garden going. I will be honoured to join your journal. When you get it going you will have to leave me a link!! :ciao: :thumb:

Busy day in the garden today; I got my last flowering plant flushed today so hopefully that is the end of my pH problems. I also took some close-up pictures and I see some Amber so I think I am getting close but I would appreciate some input because I don’t know what I’m talking about, LOL?

!cid_0d496c7b-4ab8-4965-adef-332b15851974@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

!cid_6c5c058f-faf7-4d1e-b879-bcb804c0261e@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_9ff6b3e2-3801-432b-b91b-26441bd600ae@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_97d27b39-9199-40f7-80f5-36fc99bc70b4@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_3944c572-1d1e-4bc3-8d50-b27a2761251e@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

I finally got it through my thick skull that if I don’t stop using baling wire I will never hear the end of it so I came up with a cheap solution by wrapping the end in duct tape. Inspiration to Red Green!!

!cid_53adcf9b-a6ae-463d-bf53-0aa1d5f67684@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

!cid_30295122-b963-4b9d-bc70-dc427f749f4a@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

Here is my best quadline plant with my new duct tape trainers on it. I can’t believe how stout the trunk is on it already; looks like she’s going to be a sturdy plant. The other one isn’t doing nearly so well as I have had a couple branch breakages so I’m hiding that one from the public, LOL. Any suggestions on my technique appreciated.

!cid_5c0a2934-c47f-4a14-87de-a0f554220fb2@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

!cid_bbfcff50-a10a-4144-b1c8-2baeafbd1ca3@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

Here is my 5 gallon container with my Northern Lights cuttings in it. They are really looking healthy and bushy and as soon as my other ones are finished budding I will throw these under the big lights and get them going on budding. I am going to try to take cuttings and stay away from seeds.
!cid_f3105776-a845-46b7-a8cb-75c737350c4a@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

Nice idea with the duct tape!

Show us the breakage as it can be repaired if you do it quick. More duct tape! Wrap it up for a few days and it should heal just fine.

Also, when you look for amber, skip what you see on the sugar leaves and only check for it on the calyxes. The sugars can go amber quite a while earlier than the buds.

Unfortunately I didn’t realize I had broken the branch until I looked at it several days later so it was too late to tape up. You can see in the photo about 80% of the branch is severed but that last 20% is keeping it alive but you can tell by the size of the healthy one adjacent to it it’s growth is really stunted. What is strange is that I topped this plant after the fourth node to do my quadline and it grew back! With its fight to live I don’t have the heart to chop it again so I think I will let it go. Maybe that will be my best bud. The other breakage was the tip of one of my quadline arms that broke right off.

!cid_bee09b00-67fe-4965-91af-47b354747142@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

Thanks for the tip about Amber developing first on the leaves and ignoring that. I figure though it can’t be more than a week or two left because I am a couple days past eight weeks and I am starting to get some Amber. Anyways thanks for the help and input again.

In time it should build a bit of a knuckle. It will get what it needs no worries.

I broke lots of branches supercropping the plants that are now flowering and every branch survived so I think you are right about it getting what it wants. But that is why I find it ironic that everyone is so concerned about bare training wire because this branch is cut through 80% and it will most likely survive which shows how hearty these plants are so how much damage could a bare wire do?

Sorry I digress…. It isn’t a big deal and I am conforming by not using bare wire anymore but sorry I have to make one more point. Lol. The whole point of suppercropping I understand is to stress the branch so it responds by making bigger buds so why is that branch stressing good and a bare wire is bad?

I promise I won’t bring it up again and I appreciate all the great advice I get but this one has me scratching my head but I am conforming despite my doubts if that means anything, lol.

As I said I have received so much great advice I am willing to go on faith on this one so I will continue to use the duct taped wire and stop questioning it. Thanks, Pennywise.

I broke lots of branches supercropping the plants that are now flowering and every branch survived so I think you are right about it getting what it wants. But that is why I find it ironic that everyone is so concerned about bare training wire because this branch is cut through 80% and it will most likely survive which shows how hearty these plants are so how much damage could a bare wire do?

Sorry I digress…. It isn’t a big deal and I am conforming by not using bare wire anymore but sorry I have to make one more point. Lol. The whole point of suppercropping I understand is to stress the branch so it responds by making bigger buds so why is that branch stressing good and a bare wire is bad?

I promise I won’t bring it up again and I appreciate all the great advice I get but this one has me scratching my head but I am conforming despite my doubts if that means anything, lol.

As Ase had mentioned using the bare wire will cut in over time and the plant will continually focus on trying to heal that damaged spot.

With a supercrop it’s an initial break or bend in the branch that the plant repairs and then turns into a stronger nutrient highway for the above said colas and branches

As Ase had mentioned using the bare wire will cut in over time and the plant will continually focus on trying to heal that damaged spot.

With a supercrop it’s an initial break or bend in the branch that the plant repairs and then turns into a stronger nutrient highway for the above said colas and branches

That does make sense Dutchman. I am deferring to the consensus of the experts!!! I am not trying to be difficult so I am going along with everyone but I am a bit of a Curious George and just like to know the reasoning behind things. So thanks for the input.

Hey Birdie. I didn't expect to see you here for a while now that you have your own journal and it is so immensely popular; I didn't see how you could find the time so thanks for stopping by. You certainly are loved out here!! I am really looking forward to your organic grow system so I will be following along!! :thanks::ciao:

Hey Birdie. I didn't expect to see you here for a while now that you have your own journal and it is so immensely popular; I didn't see how you could find the time so thanks for stopping by. You certainly are loved out here!! I am really looking forward to your organic grow system so I will be following along!! :thanks::ciao:
Of course I have time :)
And you are welcome anytime :)
We are all neighbours :hug:

Today was the first day I watered one of my big plants that I had flushed and when I tested the runoff water it was 5.7 pH. It’s hard to believe how acidic that runoff water is after all that flushing considering I got the runoff to 6.3 and did a final watering at 6.3 pH. I don’t know if it’s from a buildup when I was watering too acidly because from my bad meter but I think I will start watering now in the 6.5 pH plus range to try to raise my runoff readings. But 5.7 is a lot better than the 5.1 pH I had before I flushed. I do want to get it up more though at least above 6 pH for my runoff.

Anyway despite all my pH problems I am still getting a pretty nice sea of buds!!

!cid_956ffa44-d2f4-4c5b-8ff5-08ced944794c@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

I did a little trimming of my fan leaves to let my new branches get some light on my quadlines.

!cid_54bf71f2-e8a2-49b1-8b1c-9574e70099bb@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

Since Shed recommended that I only check my trichomes on my calyxes it struck me suddenly; why am I going to all the trouble of trying to photograph a bud in the bud room when I can just pluck one and have it sit still on my table, LOL. D’oh… Better late than never.

So here are some of my latest pics. The first pick is of my best Northern Lights plant and I do see some Amber so I was thinking if I was going for peak THC they would be ready?

!cid_5cb614f7-c15e-4248-af9a-9a5b4b6fe492@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

This pic is of my high CBD strain and it looks far from ready.

!cid_41830195-1222-4f0a-bb62-cc33e0ca20c2@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

This is my second Northern Lights strain and it doesn’t look near ready either.
!cid_2821bad5-a818-4cdd-9d9d-60a06c22ca14@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

Back
Top Bottom