First grow needing some advice

soil rules do apply in fox. and i would follow that.

@Emilya still has the best potted plant soil watering tutorial ever and i would follow that. there is no point for me to try and explain it, or a better method.

even if you don't learn it, you will do it that way over time without knowing .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

fill them up as @Buds Buddy suggested. would be better.

i know you meant it in concern lol :p
was a touch worried about scaring @RiahG away is all

we just want to make sure all are welcome. :)

@RiahG - by normal light pics - we mean under normal light. not the burple grow light. the burple pics won't tell us anything, and we won't be able to even start to help you.

as for the lights themselves ... oooh well. that's for other posts . :straightface:
Here’s a update. And without the light on. Sorry.

EE5C66B4-FD97-432E-A0A7-852F450AEB24.png

Sorry for your troubles & welcome aboard!!

I’m late to the party as usual but back off the light spacing and/or wattage, when plant is in triage mode then dont push it with strong lighting.

Also for future reference FF makes both soil and coco products - so these details matters greatly, it’s worth repeating that coco and soil are not the same each require different watering considerations

image.jpg

Not the best pic but they have come back :) any more advice? I’d take any since this is my first time I’m always looking for any tips or things I should be doing/looking for. Yes I know the humidity is high It usually rises when I open the tent up to check on them.

image.jpg
Just looking from some advice on how to bring these babies back to life. I make sure the ppm and the ph is all at the right levels but it’s still not helping the grow. This started to happen about a day ago. I was watering it every other day but I was afraid that I was under watering because the soil was very dry. Since then I have watered them every morning for the past two days just enough to dampen the soil. But it seems things aren’t getting better. Any advice to help bring these back?
Ditch the blurple lights. Don't feel bad, I did the same thing when I started. The chinese lights get way too hot and they are not very efficient. I use HLG lights now. they cost more but they are way more efficient and have a better spectrum. The plants look like they need water. Get yourself a tray to catch excess water. What kind of soil? I use Ocean forest and happy frog 50/50 mix. What brand of fertilizer? I use the fox farm but you have to be careful with your mix and frequency. How close are your lights? How hot is it in your tent? There are so many variables. I water mine until the water flows out of the pots and then water a little bit more. do that every other day. if there is water standing in the tray when you come back to water, you're giving it too much.

Ed Rosenthal has a great book out that will give you great tips as a beginner.

image.jpg

Not the best pic but they have come back :) any more advice? I’d take any since this is my first time I’m always looking for any tips or things I should be doing/looking for. Yes I know the humidity is high It usually rises when I open the tent up to check on them.
They look a hell of a lot better than they did a few days ago.

image.jpg

If you are in Veg your Humidity is a little low. 60% - 70% in Veg. 30% - 40% in Flower.

Back
Top Bottom