First Grow White Widow Auto Flower Feminized Soil

Sorry I may have misinterpreted 'watering'. So have you solely been spraying to just wet the top layer of soil? That could also be an issue if there's no moisture lower down but the top layer is moist all the time that's where the roots will stay. Not sure on your soil but on a few it's advisable to give the soil a good water 24-36 hours before planting. Are the pots really light when you lift them? Perhaps it is time to give them a proper watering. Hope they take off for you soon. :thumb:

Sorry I may have misinterpreted 'watering'. So have you solely been spraying to just wet the top layer of soil? That could also be an issue if there's no moisture lower down but the top layer is moist all the time that's where the roots will stay. Not sure on your soil but on a few it's advisable to give the soil a good water 24-36 hours before planting. Are the pots really light when you lift them? Perhaps it is time to give them a proper watering. Hope they take off for you soon. :thumb:
Hey,
I use to spray in a circle around the plant. I was tying to follow Emilya watering guide. Spray heavier on outer edges to force the roots to spread there in circle. Maybe I should’ve switched to heavier watering earlier.

Hey,
I use to spray in a circle around the plant. I was tying to follow Emilya watering guide. Spray heavier on outer edges to force the roots to spread there in circle. Maybe I should’ve switched to heavier watering earlier.
Could be. I'm going to have a look through my first grow again as I went straight into final pot with that one. If my memory serves me it did grow a little slower than the ones that I started in smaller pots on the grows after. The size of yours does suggest the roots haven't grown out far unless of course that's mainly what they've been doing and they're about to explode into monsters :laugh:

Hey,
There are many methods out there that work and give either the same or better results. Emilya has some solid stuff but you have to find what works for you and more importantly what works for your plant. If you check her latest thread you'll see she starts her seedlings in 16oz cups and transplants after the roots develop. If you have to start in a big pot put down the spray bottle and soak the medium. Put a catch pan under the pot. Fill it with a few inches of water. Let it soak in. Give the roots something to reach for like vetsmoke85 mentioned and I believe I mentioned this too many replies ago. You'll find your way and your methods will improve your grow as you learn.
I dunno much about the autos but from what I read. And what I understand is the early growth is the most important if you desire a decent harvest size. Root development is the key to rapid growth above the soil.

Could be. I'm going to have a look through my first grow again as I went straight into final pot with that one. If my memory serves me it did grow a little slower than the ones that I started in smaller pots on the grows after. The size of yours does suggest the roots haven't grown out far unless of course that's mainly what they've been doing and they're about to explode into monsters :laugh:
I did include germination period when I mention how many days the ladies been alive. So I’m actually at about 23 days since they broke through the soil. I really hope so haha. What a difference though compared to your plants.

There are many methods out there that work and give either the same or better results. Emilya has some solid stuff but you have to find what works for you and more importantly what works for your plant. If you check her latest thread you'll see she starts her seedlings in 16oz cups and transplants after the roots develop. If you have to start in a big pot put down the spray bottle and soak the medium. Put a catch pan under the pot. Fill it with a few inches of water. Let it soak in. Give the roots something to reach for like vetsmoke85 mentioned and I believe I mentioned this too many replies ago. You'll find your way and your methods will improve your grow as you learn.
I dunno much about the autos but from what I read. And what I understand is the early growth is the most important if you desire a decent harvest size. Root development is the key to rapid growth above the soil.
Hey ,
Thanks for the tip. She has two different watering guides. Not sure If I’m allowed to link it but the one I follow is called :

The Proper Way To Water A Seedling In A Large, Final, Container.

Hey ,
Thanks for the tip. She has two different watering guides. Not sure If I’m allowed to link it but the one I follow is called :

The Proper Way To Water A Seedling In A Large, Final, Container.
Yes, I understand her methods for that guide. To me starting in a large pot is like putting your trousers on a toddler and expect him to run after the ball.... :hmmmm:

Exactly this. It's fine for the top of the soil to be bone dry. Won't cause you any problems. Can't emphasize enough about feeling the weight of your pots. Really is the best way. When they need water it'll feel like you're picking up a pot of dry perlite with a plant stuck in it. Sticking your finger in will only tell you what's going on near the surface. The bottom could be soaked. It won't hurt them in any way picking them up. Little plants really don't need much. Also if the bottom half has been soaked too long it will become harder for the roots to work through.

This was my first one that went direct to final container at about 24 days. She barely had anything in that time.
20190410_210730.jpg

You'll get a harvest this time and smash it out the park on the next one mate.

Exactly this. It's fine for the top of the soil to be bone dry. Won't cause you any problems. Can't emphasize enough about feeling the weight of your pots. Really is the best way. When they need water it'll feel like you're picking up a pot of dry perlite with a plant stuck in it. Sticking your finger in will only tell you what's going on near the surface. The bottom could be soaked. It won't hurt them in any way picking them up. Little plants really don't need much. Also if the bottom half has been soaked too long it will become harder for the roots to work through.

This was my first one that went direct to final container at about 24 days. She barely had anything in that time.
20190410_210730.jpg

I let mine dry out to much sometimes. Usually to the point of drooping leaves. I enter the room and they are panting like a dog. The only time the lift the pot thing gets tricky is when you scrog. Even then you just shake the medium to get a feel of its weight. Nice plant vet.

I let mine dry out to much sometimes. Usually to the point of drooping leaves. I enter the room and they are panting like a dog. The only time the lift the pot thing gets tricky is when you scrog. Even then you just shake the medium to get a feel of its weight. Nice plant vet.
I went to Denmark for a week in the middle of flowering on my last grow. Left the Mrs some instructions. Yeah that didn't work :laugh: Came back to 3 very sad looking plants. Good water and they were back to normal overnight.

Yes, I understand her methods for that guide. To me starting in a large pot is like putting your trousers on a toddler and expect him to run after the ball.... :hmmmm:
Thanks, picturing that toddler gave me a laugh haha.

20190410_210730.jpg

That looks beautiful man. I’m jealous hahha. I wish mine is that good next grow.
I will definitely experiment with extended dry period and I will start lifting the pots more.
I went to Denmark for a week in the middle of flowering on my last grow. Left the Mrs some instructions. Yeah that didn't work :laugh: Came back to 3 very sad looking plants. Good water and they were back to normal overnight.
Great to hear they made a recovery :D

Hey guys,
We are at 24 days since the plants broke soil. I spoke with Emilya and explained to her what I’ve been doing. She informed me that I under watered the plants initially. I was suppose to drop the spray bottle much earlier. She said the roots are still at the top of the container and they’ve had no incentive to grow to the bottom of the pot in search of water. Very sad news and I’m a bit disappointed. Was trying to make this a perfect grow haha. Ran into another issue with my humidifier. It broke the basket that it was resting on and tipped over but still works. I put it on the ground for now.

Since this grow is pretty much a flop. Was considering experimenting with each plant something different. I’ll hit one plant with heavy nutes, one with medium and one with low. Study how they respond and go from there. Any advice is appreciated. Here are pictures. Took two of each plant.

Attachments

• 8CA79CD2-2A0D-46F0-9AE9-B3726C6CAFDD.jpeg
    8CA79CD2-2A0D-46F0-9AE9-B3726C6CAFDD.jpeg
    943 KB · Views: 27
  • 17F32CCD-757B-4703-8306-4562EF528F48.jpeg
    17F32CCD-757B-4703-8306-4562EF528F48.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • 1FF06469-DB28-49DD-A1CE-F0E6129F7568.jpeg
    1FF06469-DB28-49DD-A1CE-F0E6129F7568.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • CBFA7DD2-2B8E-4846-AEA8-6A4FC095F852.jpeg
    CBFA7DD2-2B8E-4846-AEA8-6A4FC095F852.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
  • 51D29EAD-37D3-42C6-BA7D-6D45060050DF.jpeg
    51D29EAD-37D3-42C6-BA7D-6D45060050DF.jpeg
    872.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 77872CF6-12AE-4B51-93B5-BCA5E814C657.jpeg
    77872CF6-12AE-4B51-93B5-BCA5E814C657.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • 9286ED12-186D-4860-AA2B-5F9F118D0523.jpeg
    9286ED12-186D-4860-AA2B-5F9F118D0523.jpeg
    962.5 KB · Views: 25
  • AF00DF08-4C0E-460B-802C-D4E7700883D8.jpeg
    AF00DF08-4C0E-460B-802C-D4E7700883D8.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • 87062980-A5C5-4E7C-8F97-717BBB0131CC.jpeg
    87062980-A5C5-4E7C-8F97-717BBB0131CC.jpeg
    968.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 7EE4CDC7-FBA4-42E0-A680-18091A764DC0.jpeg
    7EE4CDC7-FBA4-42E0-A680-18091A764DC0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
Thanks, picturing that toddler gave me a laugh haha.

That looks beautiful man. I’m jealous hahha. I wish mine is that good next grow.

I will definitely experiment with extended dry period and I will start lifting the pots more.

Great to hear they made a recovery :D
Yeah I probably lost a bit on the yield because of it but got more than I need anyway. Your plants will be good this time I'm sure. Maybe a little stunted but they're healthy looking so hopefully now you know a little more they start to shoot up and you'll get a good stretch on them. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do over the next few weeks. They're all alive and growing so that's a win on your first attempt already.

Yeah I probably lost a bit on the yield because of it but got more than I need anyway. Your plants will be good this time I'm sure. Maybe a little stunted but they're healthy looking so hopefully now you know a little more they start to shoot up and you'll get a good stretch on them. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do over the next few weeks. They're all alive and growing so that's a win on your first attempt already.
Thank you. I feel more confident with everyone’s help :p

Hey guys,
We are at 24 days since the plants broke soil. I spoke with Emilya and explained to her what I’ve been doing. She informed me that I under watered the plants initially. I was suppose to drop the spray bottle much earlier. She said the roots are still at the top of the container and they’ve had no incentive to grow to the bottom of the pot in search of water. Very sad news and I’m a bit disappointed. Was trying to make this a perfect grow haha. Ran into another issue with my humidifier. It broke the basket that it was resting on and tipped over but still works. I put it on the ground for now.

Since this grow is pretty much a flop. Was considering experimenting with each plant something different. I’ll hit one plant with heavy nutes, one with medium and one with low. Study how they respond and go from there. Any advice is appreciated. Here are pictures. Took two of each plant.
That makes sense. Personally I wouldn't bother with experimenting like that with the nutes. Likely with a medium or high dose it'll just burn or kill them. Especially as they're autos. Start with a low dose and gradually build it up. See where you can get them mate. They haven't started flowering yet by the looks of it so not all hope is lost.

A more fun experiment for you would probably be to get a couple more seeds and start them with what you've learnt so far and watch the difference in speed of growth. Just make sure they're autos too.

A more fun experiment for you would probably be to get a couple more seeds and start them with what you've learnt so far and watch the difference in speed of growth. Just make sure they're autos too.
Excellent idea....

Hey guys,

It's easy to describe the "Perfect Grow" but achieving it is another story. We all have hicups. I've destroyed three plants today. I don't want to waste any more nutrients on them if I feel the yield will be screwed. That's growing for ya..lol. I totally agree with Vet. Start more beans if you've got the room.

That makes sense. Personally I wouldn't bother with experimenting like that with the nutes. Likely with a medium or high dose it'll just burn or kill them. Especially as they're autos. Start with a low dose and gradually build it up. See where you can get them mate. They haven't started flowering yet by the looks of it so not all hope is lost.
Sounds good. Maybe I’ll start giving two plants a low dosage of nutes and see how they do. I could give another two low dosage of Cal-Mag and see the response.
Thanks
That sounds like a very good idea and I do have space. My only issue would be when I have to switch the light for the first plants from Veggie to Bloom. I would need to grab another light and something to divide my tent.
It's easy to describe the "Perfect Grow" but achieving it is another story. We all have hicups. I've destroyed three plants today. I don't want to waste any more nutrients on them if I feel the yield will be screwed. That's growing for ya..lol. I totally agree with Vet. Start more beans if you've got the room.
Thanks for the tip :)

Back
Top Bottom