First Grow - White Widow & Critical Under 580W Mars LED

re: First Grow - White Widow & Critical Under 580W Mars LED

Hi mate ill be sure to check it out thanks i looked for the 8 bulb 2ft fixture but cant find them in the uk which sucks but im sure there will be some somewhere ill have a read through your journal tonight before bed. if theyre not in the uk i guess ill just have to buy another 2 ft fixture or invest in the leds

Hi everyone just invested in this due to worrying my current lighting wouldnt be enough (probably shouldnt have cause of money issues but still). So I will use this with my t5. Bought the dual spectrum to use in both as a boost. Should i make an arch above my plants with the t5 and cfl or just leave the t5 directly above (less than 2 inch i think) with the cfl at the end. Cheers as always feedback is crucial if im being a fanny id like to know thanks.
Screenshot_20160827-062016.png

XJLED 5th Generation Daywhite E40 35W led Corn Light AC85-265V,SMD5730 Chips,High Brightness Equivalent to 250W Conventional CFL Bulb,360 Degree Led Bulbs Corn Lamp for Living Room and Pathway Light(35W,Daywhite,E40 Based):Amazon.co.uk:Kitchen & Home also i saw these i was tempted to buy but thought id wait and see what you guys thought. Seemed like a good deal but im still new to this and still need help in the lighting dept thanks

Sorry if this is not allowed ^^^ just really wasnt sure if they would be better than cfl's im a bit of a dumb fuck

Was going as smooth as is possible for a new grower then ww#2 started showing signs of nitrogen toxicity followed 2 days later by ww#4. All plants were flushed afterwards and ppm checked they were massively over. And i mean like one plant had just shy of 1000ppm... the others were not quite so high. So i though 'what the fck is going on !?!' Which is when i realised the canna terra pro has nutrients added to the soil. They say enough for about the first five weeks. God damnit extremely angry at myself for such a basic error. I hope they both recover and are not stunted too much ive been foliar spraying them with rhizotonic and hope they show signs of new life soon the others are not nearly as bad but you never know what the future holds. So no more 'feeding' till they are all healthy and i feel it is safe enough to try even just quarter doses again. Hows yours doing any tips to combat this im worried with all this stress early on they could hermi later on ? Cheers for asking i got your email btw i will reply shortly

Oh !!! I found a huge ass spider in my tent. Thats right i squeeled ill admit it. Not even kidding it was quite fkn big i looked them up its a 'cardinal spider'. She was no match for my shitty ductape. I want to find some ladybugs to help combat white flys too as i spotted one of the cocky fckers and insta-killed it with my mighty finger. Not saw any since. They obviously shat it.

Was going as smooth as is possible for a new grower then ww#2 started showing signs of nitrogen toxicity followed 2 days later by ww#4. All plants were flushed afterwards and ppm checked they were massively over. And i mean like one plant had just shy of 1000ppm... the others were not quite so high. So i though 'what the fck is going on !?!' Which is when i realised the canna terra pro has nutrients added to the soil. They say enough for about the first five weeks. God damnit extremely angry at myself for such a basic error. I hope they both recover and are not stunted too much ive been foliar spraying them with rhizotonic and hope they show signs of new life soon the others are not nearly as bad but you never know what the future holds. So no more 'feeding' till they are all healthy and i feel it is safe enough to try even just quarter doses again. Hows yours doing any tips to combat this im worried with all this stress early on they could hermi later on ? Cheers for asking i got your email btw i will reply shortly

Since you have flushed your plants..now it is just ''wait and see" frustrating I know..but just wait it out.

Cant reply to your pm angrybird need a higher post count
Hi Crip.. come to my journal and post some :)

Oh !!! I found a huge ass spider in my tent. Thats right i squeeled ill admit it. Not even kidding it was quite fkn big i looked them up its a 'cardinal spider'. She was no match for my shitty ductape. I want to find some ladybugs to help combat white flys too as i spotted one of the cocky fckers and insta-killed it with my mighty finger. Not saw any since. They obviously shat it.

Thank God the spider is harmless..but I would have freaked out seeing it!!!

...six more to go!...how did you place your light?...h00k...

I made a , correct me if im wrong 'parabolic?' shade for the cfl and it is hanging vertical for now but when i put the hps in in place of the t5 the cfl will no doubt be going horizontal. I have 'popped' 2 autos which are royal queens quick one if the 2 plants with the toxicity issues are stunted for too long ill stick the autos in in their place but would prefer to keep the ww's. Ordered some ladybugs felt quite bad about it id have rather just caught a few but i think its too close to winter now. Also ordered cannazym and cal mag+ as i believe they are showing some mag deficiencies ie purpley reddish leaf stems please correct me if im wrong :) thanks for reading so far

So small update. All plants look good and healthy with no more clawing from nitrogen toxicity which is good. The 200w cfl dual spectrum i bought was working well till earlier today when half of it stopped working. I hope to just get a refund cause it seems like an all too common issue. So the plants are now sitting under the 400w hps + the half of cfl thats working. Saw a good 250w hps + mh combo with everything needed for 65 squid so plan on buying that or the mars 300w led which ive saw for 55 and ill do away with the cfl. Ive got no recent pics cause i think its been slow progress as they were stunted. I plan on watering them on saturday with added cal mag plus , rhizotonic , cannazyme , great white plant success , some molasses or sugar if i cant get the molasses. I dont want to feed them any proper nutes yet as the soil will have enough nutes to last another 2 weeks (rough guess). Temps are now sitting about 28.5-29c ive only just set the hps back up if this rises i will raise the light or remove the cfl. Cheers

Well I don't think you really need any cal mag yet... The rest I think is fine.
Sorry to hear about you lights. I had that too and went for LAD bulbs instead.
Personally I am a Mars Hydro fan and would recommend them anytime :)

The plants all perked right back up within one day of cal mag being added it may be just coincidence but i doubt it. The light was changed to hps since the cfl broke but the seller is replacing it so the cfl will just be supplimental for this grow then i will buy probably 2 mars 300 systems as they are on ebay for 50 quid compared to 70 on amazon. For now all plants seem very happy and all but one have exploded with growth in the past week i noticed a bit of damage to that plants stem which has been ductaped in the hopes it catches but ill probably just let her run the course anyway lighting will be changed to a 12/12 in 3 weeks thanks

Small update. Had to get rid of the smallest ww with the damaged stem as she was doing nothing and wouldnt have caught up. All other plants are roughly 8+ inches which i feel is really quite short for this stage in life as they are 6 weeks above soil. The light schedule is as follows 6am-lights on t5 for first 2 hours then at 8am the hps comes on and t5 goes off. At 12pm the t5 comes back on as a 'booster' untill 6pm then its just hps untill 12am when the t5 comes back on for another 2 hours i feel this is good as in nature the light will obviously vary at each point during the day so i have made it build up and back down. I will buy some red bulbs for the t5 when they go into flower which should be 2 weeks today hopefully by then they will be over 1ft tall. They all seem very happy and very healthy with no issues just short. If anyone has any input it would be excellent as talking to yourself gets rather boring. Cheers ill post pics in 2 weeks when i flip to 12-12

Hi everyone thought id post a small update to see what your thoughts were. So the plants are on week 7 above soil on 18/6 flower will be 1 week today. Temps are now sitting at 70-75F and 40-50% RH. The plants are now under 2 of my 3 new LED lights which are a DERLIGHT 600w ( about 250w draw) and a mars 300 145w totalling just about 400w led actual draw possibly 450w. The derlight led panels have 1w leds so im unsure how good they are butthey seem bright enough and well made ( except the cheap fans which sounded like a hairdryer but have since been replaced with better units so it runs silent. I have another 600w derlight which i am not using for now i will replace the fans on that too. The plants seem to be loving life under the led much more so that compared with the hps for some reason , too much light ? They are all about 9 inches tall which i feel they would have been twice this if leds were used at beginning but could be wrong. I held back on full on nutes for a bit too long probably aswell as i slowly built up due to the high npk content in canna terra so this probably has not helped. The feeding is as follows 1.1 ec im sure but id have to check my documents of canna vega , rhizo , cannazyme , molasses , honey , great white plant success , cal mag , silicon max. All at specified amounts mixed into 50ppm water. Here are some pics id love to hear your tips / thoughts and advice on my setup and would love to hear what anyone thinks of the leds i have compared with my 400w hps ( bought a cool tube the other day too btw). Cheers
20160929_234439.jpg
20160929_234423.jpg
20160929_234450.jpg
20160929_234446.jpg
20160929_234418.jpg

Back
Top Bottom