First Grow - White Widow & Critical Under 580W Mars LED

re: First Grow - White Widow & Critical Under 580W Mars LED

Hi so far im really liking the leds ive only had them a few days but the 600w ones had cheap fans which ive replaced as they sounded like a hairdryer ! I think i may run it as 600w led - 400whps in cool tube - 600w led but i think this could be overkill lol im waiting on a cob 150w led to see how i like them compared and hopefully will be getting a ufo in the next few weeks to try out too so i have plenty of options available i think im becoming a bit of a hoarder tbh ! I intend on building a simple trellis to open the plants up in flower i planned on using a scrog net but id prefer each plant being free to move / rotate when needed. Im still waiting for the cool tube to arrive i bought a 5" version ( black orchid hydrus ) how do you like your own one ? I attempted to 'FIM ' the plants a few weks ago which went horribly wrong so topping only in future. Do you think the 'tops ' are bleached or is the lightness just all the newer growth ive read that if bleached it would affect all the leaves under light. What are your thoughts ? Thanks for stopping in very much appreciated :)

Hey awesome setup! I'm still relatively new so I'm no expert bt i wouldn't worry about the light newer growth I've had it and gotten past it as time went on. I've never fimed bt I've topped most of my plants and they have always responded like champs!! As for the cool tube I like it because of the flexibility compared to the air cooled hood. Never used a trellis net bt have seen great results and kinda wish my 7 gallon smart pots plants were supported because of the size of them 38 in tall 2ft x 3 ft wide. U can always put the extra light in ur tent and read your plants if they show u stress because of too much heat then u can remove it. My thought is naturally they get alot more light so the more the better!! I currently run a 1000w hps in a 4x4.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I had been topping them regularly but the fimming just seems to have fucked that 'top' up theres been no growth in a good few days probably removed too much. Ill probably throw the other 600w in when they are in flower im sure the mars has more blu leds so is better suited for veg but i could be mistaken so flower will probably be 2 600w leds and a 400w dual spectrum totalling about 1000w from the wall slightly less probably which i think should be more than enough. Its all down to how much the electric costs as i obviously have the 4" intake , 5" exhaust and a oscillating fan aswell so we will wait and see i guess cause i constantly change my mind. Nothing really else worthwhile to update other thsn having ordered insulated ducting and a fan speed controller for the exhaust to kill noise i just hope the plants grow another 3" at least before flower i wanted them to be 1ft tall come flower time but i dont think 3" in 6 days is a huge amount do you guys ? Cheers again

My plants were about 60 days old when they started to show preflowers and then they exploded at that point going from 2 ft tall to 3 ft tall in two weeks so I definitely wouldn't worry about the stretch as soon as u see preflowers u and u change to 12/12 some saliva strains will grow a foot a week!! Best wishes

I hope mine does the same mate lol but i think these are more indica lol so short but stumpy. Theyve been showing preflowers for a while but im just trying to gain height before flipping that switch. Do you have a journal in progress id love to check out your setup too :) cheers again bud

You should buddy even if its just for your own reference its always helpful if anything goes wrong too. Word of advice to everyone do not buy a ' varispeed ' fan speed controller for extraction fans it only works on my oscillating fan and not the exhaust fan it was bought for. Not really got any updates for now but will soon hopefully

Wow good advice. I was planning on buying a stronger extraction fan. I'm guessing u i might wanna try a fan with a built in speed adjuster. I'm having trouble getting my 6 inch ducting to fit my 6 in duct fans and my air cooled hood. They are the exact same size. Not sure if I should just duck tape them together

Just make sure your new fan is not rated higher than the carbon filter you will be using to ensure it properly scrubs the 'dirty' air. Also it may be that the exhaust fan you have is supposed to connect directly to your carbon filter i had the same issue with mine when i bought them last week ( both black orchid) and had realised this was the problem. Id just get some good aluminium tape and seal them up together i must say though that by simply putting the 'open' end of the exhaust ducting ( outside tent ) inside a fabric air pot aimed upwards has really killed quite alot of the noise i have bought some rhyno insulated/acoustic ducting for my exhaust so im hoping it will run silent when in flower as it will obviously be on 24/7 ive got a 2 speed exhaust fan that a friend gave me which you disconnect one wire to allow the low speed setting i may try the varispeed on that too to let anyone know if itll work on this type of fan cheers again mate

Cheers for the input hook, any advice / thoughts on the current set up ?

Small update fed the plants today with a ppm of 690 including rhizo , cannazyme , molasses , honey , silicon max , cal mag+ , canna vega , great white plant success + soft water. Initially as has been the norm they drooped down for a few hours before perking right back up ( see photos ) some of the plants have uneven tops but im not too concerned. They seem to be loving both of these led lights as they are ' praying to the sun' as they say which is good as i had been having doubts about how effective the 600w was due to it being basically an ' unbranded unit ' using 1w leds but all seems well they dont seem any worse off than the plants under the mars hydro 300. They will switch to 12/12 this thursday getting their first 12 hours of sleep on thursday night. Not really sure if i have anything more to add but please as always your advice is critical to me gaining more knowledge. Cheers sorry for the poor photos
20161003_135316.jpg
20161003_135340_001.jpg
20161003_135253.jpg
20161003_135346.jpg

Cheers. They're about 9 inches tall at most at the moment so they certainly could be taller i hope they at least double in size during stretch but you never know

I put my smallest two into flower whole they were small still. Only 10 inches tall. They are only 22 inches tall now. They are about 40 days into 12/12 and 30 days since pistils now. The two bigger ones are my fist bagseed plants. So excited about how good its been going. I guess I need to start a journal now

Back
Top Bottom