First Grow - White Widow & Critical Under 580W Mars LED

re: First Grow - White Widow & Critical Under 580W Mars LED

420-magazine-mobile2120280141.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1457625159.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You do mate those plants look really happy wish they were mine. When do you think harvest will be ? I done a bit more research into the so called '600' w led. They only use SMD5730 leds which are epistar .05w. So it is a good brand used just older technology now so i dont think i could reccomend buying one for £100 ( listed price both mine were free ) when there are lights with 3w or 5w leds for a similar price which will have better light penetration. Im hoping to upgrade leds to a proper panel before christmas heres the one i saw Ledgle 63x5W(315W) Actual Power LED Plant Light, Dimmable Full Spectrum LED Grow Light with UV/IR, 3 Dimmers Basic/Veg/Bloom for Indoor Greenhouse Garden Hydroponics:Amazon.co.uk:Garden & Outdoors looks really well made and i doubt you could complain about the price. It will either be one of those or just two more mars300s at half the price. Obviously if these lights produce a good end product i will be more than happy with them and may just keep them for the next one so time will tell cheers again :)

Ive got the mars 300 in the tent already it is a good little light they are going for £56 delivered from mars hydro uk on ebay. The other leds im using have 5 star reviews on amazon theres just more effective options out there for the £100 they ask. Since i got both of mine for free i cant really complain the plants seem to be loving them anyway. Im just never content with what i have i could have one of those platinum leds and still look to upgrade lol i do want to buy a better tent at some point too i want one with metal corners and more hanging poles as mine has 3 id like 4 etc and the 'c' shape front door instead of the wardrobe style doors. Also my fan just packed in. It was an old fan so i cant be sure wether it was the 'varispeed ' thats fkd it up but its looking that way. Wouldyou guys say a tower type fan is better than conventional? Cheers

Ok so the girls were pit into 12/12 on thursday 6/10 receiving their first 12 hour rest that night. I had used pipe cleaners to spread them open to allow the 'secondary nodes' to even out and get more light. I achieved this while using fabric pots by simply folding the top of the pot down and hooking the pipe cleaner under the fold i then used paper clips to ensure they were held tightly in place. It seems to have worked out quite well as they seem more even. I also added my other led fixture so im running the 600w (200-250w actual) - mars 300 - other 600w again. The plants are loving this set up. I wired the fans in one of the leds to an old plug with voltage switches so i can run them at whatever speed i wish as i bough ' noiseblocker ' branded fans at £8 each (2 of ) and they ran at not even half the stated rpm i believe they needed wired to a circuit board or something to work better so that was a waste. I bought a unibond dehumidifier, nothing fancy just a small little thing to kill humidity at night. I plan on buying some advanced nutrients ancient earth and possibly some carbo load. Does anyone know of better products etc id love to hear of someone with first hand experience with these. Here are my girls after their first 12 hr rest. Perky as ever and all nice and healthy by the looks of things. Any thoughts or advice is welcome as always thanks for taking the time to check it out.
20161007_080832_002.jpg
20161007_080824.jpg
20161007_080819_001.jpg

@Jgrowlove i see a bit of clawing were they just watered or do you possibly have some toxicity issues ? Cheers

Yea I left the smallest plant in the 2 gallon pot which was a nirvana lithium og. I never have been able to correct the leaf curling I thought just flushing it was supposed to help but I have a lot of plants in veg right now so I didn't wanna kill the plant by overwatering. Maybe I've underwater I only water twice a week until like 10 % runoff. The other plant is in a 7 gallon smart pot and it looks a lil better maybe just the extra root space kept it healthier. I'm not sure it's my first grow

Hi 'J' , personally i would consider transplanting if you leave the soil to dry out till maybe the day before watering again you should be able to transplant a bit easier as the soil will be light but still have enough moisture to hold it together. I heard that you can leave plants in 'smart' pots (fabric pots) of a smaller size as the roots self prune in these pots. Im leaving mine to grow out in the 2 gallon smart pot and dont feel they are showing signs of being rootbound and hopefully wont. The transplant may shock the plants for a day maybe more depending on how gentle you are and if it is fed any sort of 'stress relief' like rhizo etc. But this is better than the plant choking its self in a small pot with poor airflow. Also you should consider looking up a method called 'backbuilding' to bulk up your buds. You simply cut about 3mm off the top of the buds at least halfway through flower i believe. The results seem very clear and is a good way to make buds more dense. Id love to see how it works out for you if so. I got my humidity levels down to at least 55% at night as i bought an aero360 unibond de humidifier it only arrived yesterday so will let you know for sure the % tomorrow thanks again

Thanks so much. I wasn't sure about backbuilding. I will have to look at a video about it. I am trying out 7,5, 3 gallon smart pots also and liking them so far I think I will transplant it. The other one is much bigger and seems to like the extra root space!

I'm 8 weeks into flower on my 110 day old plants and 6 weeks into flower for my smaller two IDK if it's too late to try back building

I think you would be ok doing it on the 2 smaller plants. Are you planning on giving them complete darkness before harvest too ? Apparently this helps them frost up. I will definitely be trying backbuilding and the 2 day darkness so if you dont try it yourself i will post the before and after results for comparison but this is some time away. Im buying another mars 300 + a mars 600 at the end of the week as ive just recieved an interim payment from 3rd party insurance so plan to stock up on good seeds too. I also intend on setting up a small area in a building on my property to insulate and sheet off for use in future to try to ensure a nice clean sterile set up. Thanks for reading

I tried the 48 hour darkness when I flipped to flower and I saw a dramatic difference after so I will be tuned in to see how yours turn out. I might try the back building on a couple colas and see if I can get it right thanks!

The mars hydro company seems to have good leds I'm saving up to get a light that will fit a 4x4. Either the reflector 192 or the new epistar that would fit it.

Personally i wouldnt bother with their reflector series i wouldnt mind trying the new cree type but they are far too overpriced as is the reflector. The 48 costs nearly 100 alone i would much rather buy 2 mars 300s for that price or a 600. I considered spending a fortune for a shit hot light but its just not worth it. The 300 and 600 seem more than compitent the reflector 48 runs 20% less power than the 300 for more money just so i can have a blue or red option. Two mars 300s and a 600 will fill my area really well but i will be buying better fans (120mm) for the 3 mars lights as they are not quiet by any means

I also heard the fans on the reflector series only run off one of the switches which seems a very stupid design meaning one spectrum is actually quite dangerous to use alone. Im not sure if its veg or flower. This is one of the few things that put me off the reflector series

Small update ordered another mars 300 n a 600 too so plenty of light. Ordered some bud factor x , b-52 , carboload and ancient earth still to feed them will be tomorrow. More pistols every day so not long till buds appear. Stocked up on auto seeds aswell il add a photo just now. Ordered from the vault and once again very happy the thc bomb 5 pacs were finished so they upgraded it to ten for free ! Wanted gorilla glue auto aswell and photoperiod but refuse to buy elsewhere. Ordered the 2 way cable and 30 inch tower fan aswell which is very good. Photos will be added tomorrow after feeding.

Back
Top Bottom