First grow with autoflower - White Widow strain with brown spots

speedydriver99

420 Member
This plant started to shows signs about 4-5 days ago and have used Milk and water mixture and neem was sprayed on leaves about 10 days ago. Tempurature is at 74 with 700 par light and humidity at 50-55% Appears to me to be mold or fungus IMO but I found this bug on it and was wondering if that could be the problem. Was thinking about just the plant. I don't want to ever grow autos again. second time and these things always seem weak. Will probably only get photo periods, period. what do you guys think?

IMG_4740 (1).jpg

IMG_4741.jpg

IMG_4744 (1).PNG

IMG_4746 (1).PNG

IMG_4745 (1).PNG

Ok first hey how ya doing?

Next onto the insect that is a jumping plant lice.....some plants don't seem to mind them but they can wreak havoc on plants indoor and outdoor.... The remedy is at least %70 Neem oil spray the soil and foliage... That is the main and top method for most insects for cannabis....thrips you kill with fire lol.... The damage done to leaves could very well be being caused by these little life suckers...so I would start there with a treatment and see if the issues persist.

Cannot speak on P.M as I've never personally dealt with it. But I've read a a 40% milk to %60 water mixture works wonder as a foilar spray used for a long time to treat and prevent p.m.... the proteins in the milk react to light and help fight the mildew/mold....it would be applied through a spray every 12-14 days.

And why do you dislike autos 😂 if you really give them a good go they can surprise you... A few members here can contest to that.

But hopefully I was able to give you a bit of help and I wish you the best of luck.

Edit: photo below of that invader you have identified

Screenshot_20220805-142243-733.png

What up Happy,
Thanks for the info on this. Plants are about almost 5 weeks out, besides the brown spots happening and leaves turning a bit its doing ok. I just wanted make sure if it was mold or fungus i was gonna just chop it down as I have 5 other in the growing area in the garage. I just harvested my two photo periods and have 5 more that im gonna hang on Saturday. Amazing how these things find its way into the garage which closed all the time.

My issue with autos are
1. outta ten seeds one propagated
2. Both autos I grew needed a lot more care and handling as they seem to be very weak. Also, could be the seed company I tried. I usually use Humbolt photo period seeds as they always seem to be strong seeds and never have issues compared to the autos I have tried. Going to start a new grow next week after the harvest and was going with 5 x 5 tent with 4 plants in 5 gallon fabric pots. gonna grow Blue Cupcake and Helly Jelly strains. They look like there are going to be amazing.

im an older geezer with bad eyes, reading glasses & iPad so we defs need better pics fer sure.

micronized or wettable sulfur is naturally occurring plant friendly element, label says it’s also a miticide, prevents rust and pm. Sulfur can be mixed with water & foliar sprayed

several species of critters leave trails of honey dew so that’s a possibility… also bud washing at harvest is your friend.… kills nasties like powdery mildew, removes bug carcasses plus their frass. Nope… bud washing doesn’t hurt your nuggets, it doesn’t make trichomes fall off and lastly it does not reduce potency of your weed,

Have you used any pest control sprays?? The white could be residue from previous treatments….

welcome aboard Speedy

Hi @speedydriver99 and welcome to the forum!

I'd like to see a much bigger version of this photo, and some close-ups, and your explanation of what you are seeing, whether it's powdery mildew or residue from your milk mixture. In other words, I'd like to see what you are referring to as "mold or fungus".

IMG_4741.jpg

If you suspect mold, you could make a solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide in distilled water: 6 fl oz peroxide in 1/2 gal of water. 6 fl oz is 12 tbsp. Put in a spray bottle and wash down the plants with this, top side of leaves and underside of leaves... whole plant. Wash 'em down well. This can be repeated every day.

BUT... we need to see some bigger photos to tell what's going on. ;)

What up Happy,
Thanks for the info on this. Plants are about almost 5 weeks out, besides the brown spots happening and leaves turning a bit its doing ok. I just wanted make sure if it was mold or fungus i was gonna just chop it down as I have 5 other in the growing area in the garage. I just harvested my two photo periods and have 5 more that im gonna hang on Saturday. Amazing how these things find its way into the garage which closed all the time.

My issue with autos are
1. outta ten seeds one propagated
2. Both autos I grew needed a lot more care and handling as they seem to be very weak. Also, could be the seed company I tried. I usually use Humbolt photo period seeds as they always seem to be strong seeds and never have issues compared to the autos I have tried. Going to start a new grow next week after the harvest and was going with 5 x 5 tent with 4 plants in 5 gallon fabric pots. gonna grow Blue Cupcake and Helly Jelly strains. They look like there are going to be amazing.
Cool I'll definitely look forward to seeing grow start to finish, I'll look at those strains a bit later but for some reason that helly jelly is calling my name 😂

And yea autos are finicky but I have never had issues with them.... Maybe at first they start weird...but ALWAYZ grow out of it.. and that's why I like autos...they need extra love and care and you don't get time to mess up... Either do it right or they'll stunt and not produce much.

@CaliSeedStore has some good genetics and great seed dealz...I'm growing one of there's right now.

Back
Top Bottom