First Indoor Grow With Deadhead OG - Kandy Kush & Tahoe OG

Re: First Indoor grow with Deadhead OG, Kandy Kush and Tahoe OG

Don't feel bad I still can't figure out the white balance on mine. Your girls are beautiful. I am popping a wild Thailand seed to use with Growology as I type and you make me really excited to get her started....:thumb:

Thank you! I'm just loving the results I'm getting with Growology. I keep looking at pics from my last grow and comparing them to this one. I'm not really comparing size or anything as my last one was outdoor and this one is under LED (although this one kicks butt) what I look at is overall healthiness. By this time last grow I had leaves falling off, turning yellow, all kinds of stuff... This time everything is still looking very healthy!

I have a feeling it's going to be a busy week at work so I gave the closet a good working this morning. Adjusted the lights, checked the plants to make sure they're all looking good, etc... And take a bunch of pics. :)

We're 41 days into 12/12 and now that I know how to work this white balance I got a bunch of pics this morning too.

This is the Deadhead OG plant #1, she's looking really healthy!!!
DOG1_12.jpg

DOG #1 has some beautiful flowers going already and there is still about a month to go...
DOG1_21.jpg

DOG1_3.jpg

Deadhead OG plant #2 doesn't look as busy as #1 does when you're back a little from her.
DOG2_11.jpg

But when you get a little closer you can see DOG #2 really is shaping up nicely!!!
DOG2_21.jpg

DOG2_3.jpg

The Tahoe OG has really shaped up to be a really nice little bush...
TOG11.jpg

And the TOG also has some very nice flowers forming.
TOG21.jpg

TOG31.jpg

This is a pic of the closet before the Kandy Kush went back in. This is about the only time I can easily see these plants. LOL
Before18.jpg

Once the Kandy Kush is back in place you can't see anything else behind her.
KK114.jpg

Whenever you open the door you just get hit with the sweetest lemony smell from Kandy. :circle-of-love:
KK211.jpg

KK33.jpg

I absolutely love how organized and clean your set up is. I love the watering rig you built. It is genius! Your whole set up is just perfect... + reps...:circle-of-love:

Thanks!!! The watering thing was out of necessity... I knew it wasn't going to be too long before I couldn't reach the plants in the back any more. LOL

And living in the PNW and being into gardening you learn mighty quickly about how easy it is for mold and fungus to grow and transfer. A little prevention like keeping things clean and dry is so much easier than dealing with mold later on. Today I'm dealing with 96% humidity here outside. I keep everything I may need handy... I have SNS just in case anything happens and I also have a bottle of a bleach solution and one of an alcohol solution so I can clean all my equipment between working on different plants. I learned on my roses the hard way how quickly and easily powdery mildew can spread and it ain't gonna happen to these. :)

Hi IslandDog!

Was looking at your photo's again (amazing) was wondering as it looks like your pots are on concrete is this right? if so do you have to do anything extra for root temp? just I had heard that the concrete will draw all the heat straight out the root?

Thanks
:peace:

Wow, what an awesome journal. Can't believe I missed it, as these are some of my favourite strains. You have done a stellar job thus far. The KK is a beast, and that DOG#1 looks like straight fire.

Hi IslandDog!

Was looking at your photo's again (amazing) was wondering as it looks like your pots are on concrete is this right? if so do you have to do anything extra for root temp? just I had heard that the concrete will draw all the heat straight out the root?

Thanks
:peace:

Good question... I have heard the same thing about the concrete floors. Where I live the ground temps are in the 50's at the moment so I don't have to worry about some of the extreme's of other areas. But also those saucers I have under the plants have little legs on the bottom to keep them up off of the floor. They're not the average cheap flimsy plastic kind, they're actually very strong.

Wow, what an awesome journal. Can't believe I missed it, as these are some of my favourite strains. You have done a stellar job thus far. The KK is a beast, and that DOG#1 looks like straight fire.

Thanks! I'm starting to worry about the KK maybe getting root-bound. I was away at work for a few days and she just doesn't look herself, she looks a little droopy near the tops and some of the leaves are starting to curl down on the edges. I'm going to keep a close eye on her over the weekend.

It drives me nuts to have to leave the girls for a few days at this stage, but on the plus side they look way bigger when I get back home! We're 46 days into 12/12 and everyone has finally stopped growing for the most part. I'm really glad they finally did stop because I only have a few more inches I can raise the lights.

This the Deadhead #1. She's looking really nice and I just LOVE the way she smells. She reminds me of the good old Skunk but with an extra sweetness.
DOG1_13.jpg

DOG1_22.jpg

Deadhead #2 is also filling out nicely...
DOG2_22.jpg

DOG2_12.jpg

The Tahoe OG really filled out over the last week. And there's still 5 more weeks to go for her.
TOG12.jpg

TOG22.jpg

And I'm probably just being paranoid, but the Kandy Kush just doesn't seem herself. She looks great but some of her upper leaves look a little droopy and some of the edges are curling down. It could also be because I had the lights really close to the tops to try to keep her from stretching any more too. I'll just keep a good eye on her for the next couple days.
KK115.jpg

KK212.jpg

I finally remembered to bring my measuring tape in from the garage this morning so I could get some measurements. I haven't checked out all of the plants yet but my main concern was the Kandy Kush. On 2/4 she was at 42 inches tall... Today 2/15 she's at 44 inches. OK, I think I can relax a little about height now... :)

Great update :high-five:

Some of those pictures really do make it seem like you're growing a field in there... :)

Last night I needed to see a few things on the plants in the back and didn't feel like dragging the KK out of the closet so I just pushed her to the side and crawled under her. When I popped up in the little opening I felt like I was in a jungle heaven! I just sat in there lost for a little while... LOL

I can't believe we're 50 days into 12/12 already. I just noticed that this Saturday will be the first days without fertilizer for the Deadhead #1. I think I'm going to keep using fertilizer for Deadhead #2 for a few extra days. She was the seed that was started almost a week late and she's seemed to be a week behind ever since. The Tahoe and Kandy Kush still have at least another week before I start flushing them.

I was hoping to get some more time to tend to the girls tonight but I got a last minute call and it looks like I may be away on a a job for a few days again. Even though I didn't get a chance to go over everyone I still got some pics...

The Kandy Kush is looking great overall. There are a few leaves here and there on the top that you can tell were stressed by having the lights so close but besides that everything else looks great. All the new calyx's, pistils, and leaves near those stressed leaves look great since I backed the light off.
KK118.JPG

KK214.JPG

The Tahoe OG is looking great... I can't believe there is a month left before she is supposed to be ready.
TOG13.jpg

TOG23.jpg

Deadhead #2 is also looking nice and healthy. Instead of starting flushing her this Saturday I'm going to let her go a few extra days.
DOG2_13.jpg

DOG2_25.JPG

Deadhead #1 starts to get flushed this Saturday and then 10 more days until she should be ready.
DOG1_14.JPG

DOG1_23.jpg

Hopefully it will be quick trip... No complications and everything goes as planned... See you all when I get back!

Back
Top Bottom