First Indoor Grow With Deadhead OG - Kandy Kush & Tahoe OG

Re: First Indoor grow with Deadhead OG, Kandy Kush and Tahoe OG

Looking really great :thumb:

Have a safe trip! :ciao:

Thanks! I'm back... It went a lot smoother than expected. I do a lot of computer work so a lot of times those one day installations end up taking several days (at least). Even though it was a long drive back and forth we still managed to pull it off in a day. :)

I just keep looking at them and saying there's not even couple more weeks left on the first one... If I waited this long I can wait a couple more weeks... I can... LOL
DSCN3059_2_.jpg

54 days into 12/12 today with only about 10 more days to go on the Deadhead #1. It's kinda funny... I was thinking Deadhead #1 was going to be a bigger producer because she really started flowering before the others but it seems like that extra week of growing the others did really helped them now.

Deadhead #1 had her flush and first watering with just water today... Only about 10 more days for her.
DOG1_15.jpg

DOG1_31.jpg

I'm giving Deadhead #2 a few more days of fertilizer as she still looks like she's going pretty good. She also really didn't start flowering for almost a week after #1 did.
DOG2_14.jpg

DOG2_26.jpg

DOG2_31.jpg

The Tahoe also has some really nice cola's forming on her! Everything just smells so wonderful now!
TOG14.jpg

TOG24.jpg

TOG32.jpg

I'm really liking how fat all the buds are forming on the Kandy Kush. I've never smelled anything as sweet as her.
KK119.jpg

KK34.jpg

KK215.jpg

10 days and a new vaporizer... Let the countdown begin!!! :)

A big shout out for Growology!!! There are a few things I'm planning on doing a little differently with my next grow but the fertilizer will be staying the same for sure! :thanks:

Great update, IslandDog :ciao:

Glad to hear your trip went weel :)

Do you check trichomes to judge when to harvest?

Thanks, I'm glad it went good too. We discovered some software bugs during our last startup and it delayed the installation for a few days. I hate telling a business their whole system is going to be down for days, it never goes over really good. I'm glad this one went as planned.

Yep, I'm going by the number of days the plants are supposed to be flowering for, checking trichomes with my microscope and also going by the general look of the plant. Kinda' like with my roses, clematis, lilacs, or anything else that flowers around the house... It's hard to explain but you can tell when they are getting near the end of their cycle.

Just by looking at the Deadhead #1 I could tell she was getting close, the calendar said we're getting close and then when I checked the trichomes that confirmed it. Most are cloudy, there are a bunch of clear, but there is also an amber here and there too.

IslandDog, your girls look so HEALTHY! Just wait, the last 4 weeks are the best! Those buds are going to get very BIG!:bravo:

Thanks! I just have to learn to relax a little... If you notice on the Deadhead #1 something doesn't look right with some of the leaves. I'm searching this, that, and the other website trying to figure out what's happening and then it hits me... Duh, they're flushing, at the end of their life cycle, of course they're not going to look 100%. Relax... Breathe... LOL

Thank YOU, IslandDog. It has been a sheer pleasure watching your grow these past couple of months. Fantastic job!!

John

57 days into 12/12 today... I was working in the closet and got a few pics tonight.

This is Deadhead #2. If I go by the number of days for flowering of this strain she should have about 10 days left, but I don't know... She's looking like she's still going really good.
DSCN32757.JPG

And here's a shot of the Tahoe OG. She should have 3 weeks left before she's finished. A few of her leaves are showing a little heat stress but besides that she's looking great. The Deadhead #2 is in the background.
DSCN32833.JPG

Looking awesome IslandDog!:bravo:

Thanks! We're getting so close on the Deadhead I can almost taste it. Actually... I couldn't resist... I snipped off one of the lowest buds to have a taste. I dried it out and was very happy with how dense it was. It was really smooth and flavorful for being quick dried. Now I really can't wait for it to dry and cure. :)

Any day now...
DSCN34462.JPG

I was just taking some pics of the Deadhead as she's so close but caught this one of the Tahoe OG. She's really filling out beautifully! This is one of the smaller buds on one of the lower branches.
DSCN34564.JPG

I carn't wait for you to drop this! especially the KK! looking at yours I am even more excited about my KK I have just flipped to 12 on 12 off 11 days ago and now it feels like time is going in slow motion! I will have to master the art of patients!

Any tips for a guy who can wait no longer!!

Anyway Still Looking Great on your end island dog Top Marks!

I carn't wait for you to drop this! especially the KK! looking at yours I am even more excited about my KK I have just flipped to 12 on 12 off 11 days ago and now it feels like time is going in slow motion! I will have to master the art of patients!

Any tips for a guy who can wait no longer!!

Anyway Still Looking Great on your end island dog Top Marks!

I can't wait any longer either! LOL I think the Deadhead plant #1 will be coming down tomorrow. She looks like she could still fatten up some more, but... I checked her trichomes this morning and the majority of them are cloudy, one or two were still clear and there were a few amber. I figure she's close enough. I really need the space for the other plants too. They are starting to get really heavy and the branches are starting to sag. I was tight for space before and now that they are all sagging they're starting to lean on each other. Better to get her out of there so I can separate the others and avoid any problems because there's no air flow around them any more.

I can't wait any longer either! LOL I think the Deadhead plant #1 will be coming down tomorrow. She looks like she could still fatten up some more, but... I checked her trichomes this morning and the majority of them are cloudy, one or two were still clear and there were a few amber. I figure she's close enough. I really need the space for the other plants too. They are starting to get really heavy and the branches are starting to sag. I was tight for space before and now that they are all sagging they're starting to lean on each other. Better to get her out of there so I can separate the others and avoid any problems because there's no air flow around them any more.

I have never tried any deadhead before, looks top notch in your pictures though, I suppose if she is close enough she might aswell be down you wouldn't want to wait longer just incase it hinders yours others, I haven't got to the part of checking trichomes yet so do not fully understand it I am just checking thinga as I go along as not to get ahead of myself because it my first grow I am constantly on edge checking every leaf daily!

I still cannot get over how much information is on this forum! I tell no lie I spent 5 hours researching lots of forums trying to find a solution for a problem with my car and spent less than 20 minutes to find a solution for a problem with my plants! just shows that everyone has their priority's correct to hell with the car as long as my babies are ok! Ha

I have never tried any deadhead before, looks top notch in your pictures though, I suppose if she is close enough she might aswell be down you wouldn't want to wait longer just incase it hinders yours others, I haven't got to the part of checking trichomes yet so do not fully understand it I am just checking thinga as I go along as not to get ahead of myself because it my first grow I am constantly on edge checking every leaf daily!

I still cannot get over how much information is on this forum! I tell no lie I spent 5 hours researching lots of forums trying to find a solution for a problem with my car and spent less than 20 minutes to find a solution for a problem with my plants! just shows that everyone has their priority's correct to hell with the car as long as my babies are ok! Ha

This is the first time I've tried any of these strains and only my second grow so I'm really excited! If things start leaning on each other that could make them sweat. And if they start sweating then mold and fungus can take hold really quick. I figure I could lose more if fungus sets in than I could gain by a few more days of swelling.

I picked up a cheap hand-held led microscope for something like $20. When they're getting close you want to check the trichomes. If they're clear then thc isn't at it's peak, cloudy is just right, and amber is when the thc starts to break down into cbd. Some people like more cloudy, some more amber, it depends on what you're looking for.

Just about everything I've learned about growing these has been on this board. There's a lot of great reading!

Back
Top Bottom