First Indoor Soil Grow - MA-2 Dakini Kush Feminized - 2 Purp Bagseed

loudm4n123

420 Member
how you doin I figured since its my first grow i would make a grow journal so you guys can watch, and help me out as I grow my first plants. I'm gonna be posting weekly updates so you can watch week by week from sprout to harvest. I think I have a pretty good set up. if you need any specifics ill put a chart at the bottom. I would appreciate any help/tips you guys can give me along the way. please chime in if you feel the need to.

this is a front view. I have a premade insulated grow box I bought at my local hydro.is you haven't already realized this is a closet grow. its 4'W-2 1/3'L-6'H. the box on its own is actually 4.5'W-2.5L-6-.5H with the frame. so I had to nail the box into the closet and strap my LED light into the top shelf.

top view

put some homemade humidity domes for the seedlings cause I was reading it helps increase the RH (relative humidity) in a larger space. seedlings love RH around 50-60%. i have one 265 watt agroled LED full spectrum panel its about 28" away from the tops. and a small fan next to it for circulation. i plan on getting a few more maybe even an inline fan to circulate air.??.

First sprout- purp bagseed. 4 days from planting. used general hydroponics bio root once.

Bucket Size - 5 gallon fabric pots
Medium - FoxFarm Ocean Floor
Lights - (1) 265 watt AgroLED full spectrum
Nutrients - FoxFarm big bloom, FoxFarm TigerBloom, general hydroponics bio-root
Strain(s) - Dakini kush, purp bagseeds
# of Plants: 4

Here are a few more pics of my girls
this ones the purp bag seed, good color and shape. seems to be growing pretty quickly.

this ones the first feminized, ??autoflower?? dakini kush to pop. slightly worried about stem stretching. will keep you guys updated.

have had the temperature around 76.4 almost all the time. not sure if that's perfect, but i was reading it needs to be between 70-80 degrees anyway you guys got any input?

WEEK 2 UPDATE:

Whats up guys, the girls have been doing great. Since the last time I posted all four of my seeds have popped and, 3 have started to grow their first set of fingers. the stretching seems to have worked itself out as well. In my first post I said I had a 265 watt agroLED full spectrum panel. Its actually a 450 watt HID equivalent that uses 265 watts. I misprinted. Since then though i have bought an actual 265 watt agroLED panel and duck taped them together to bump up my lumens, and added a few more fans

I couldn't find a single thing on agroLED dio watt full spectrum lowpro led panels, and whether or not you can daisy chain them together so i just said fuck it and did it.

HERES ANOTHER PIC OF THE POT SETUP, AND THE GIRLS

feminized DAKINI KUSH 1

You can see she got some nute burn. I Was doing some research and found that fox farm ocean forest is really hot soil. so if your going with them you need to invest in some sledgehammer. My friend was telling me he flushes twice a month with that stuff just to be safe. he said its better than water cause it forces the salts out of the soil instead of be dragged by the water.

feminized DAKINI KUSH 2

You can also see that they got slight wind burn. Found out a 9" oscillating fan is too much for plants this young. So I stopped the fan from oscillating and pointed it at a wall. They are recovering nicely though. Dakini Kush 1 was bent over a few days ago so I pushed some dirt around the bottom of the stem to support it and it seems to have worked itself out.

PURP BAGSEED 1

PURP BAGSEED 2

This ones a little smaller because I sprouted it 2 days after the other girls. she seems to be catching up nicely tho.

I'm planning on buying a vortex s600 inline fan to vent hot air out of the tent. With the full spectrum setting on it gets to about 90*F, whitch trust me is nothing compared to HID which I heard can get tents into the 130-140*F range. only problem im facing now is noise. I live in an apartment and most inline fans (that actually move air) make about as much noise as an air conditioner which is alot of noise. anyone heard of near silent fans??? also will the fan effect my c02 levels??

Hey ,
Your setup looks very nice. I wouldn't worry too much about the ventilation right now. As I assume you dont have those lights at full spectrum right now. The air circulation mostly adds a shield to your plants, I mean protection and right now they're very young. As for the intake I don't think it will make that much noise I have a 4 in one, and I barely hear noise. I would also dare to increase the humidity just a little bit more. I had mine running at 80 degrees for about 3 weeks and my plants loved it. When putting the outtake fan, I would place it as high as possible so that it gets rid of the hot air which automatically rises towards the light source. And yes, Fox Farm ocean mix has enough nutrients for 3 weeks.after that start adding nutrients slowly. You seem to have it all handled and under control very well. As if you were experienced already.

Im now watching your journal. Looking forward to your next update.:passitleft:

WEEK 3 UPDATE:

whats up 420. been a good week. girls have been doing great and both dakinis kush's are starting to grow their 3 nodes already. haven't started feeding cause of the nute burn. i'm gonna wait a month just to be safe. i've been reading and people say throw the foxfarm schedule in the trash. the soils hot and the nutes will make it even hotter if you dose them the way the schedule says to.

DAKINI KUSH 1

DAKINI KUSH 2

PURP BAGSEED 1

PURP BAGSEED 2

heats still a bit of an issue but, I placed an order for a vortex vent fan. it should be here any day now. they are really starting to show signs of heat stress. and its better to stop a problem at first sight then wait and see what happens or you might get hit with the unexpected. stem purpleing is an issue too. not sure if the dakini is supposed to show purple. i know the bag seeds were purp so that's fine. any one know if dakini kush exhibits a purple phenotype. or could it be a nitrogen deficiency? i've kept the ph steady at around 6.5-6.7 with a 6.7 runoff. I hit the roots with ph of 6.2 to try and even it out. just make sure its not a ph problem. will keep you guys updated

you got the right idea philly. knowledge is power. and you could gain that knowledge thru trial and error, or you can study as much as possible and apply it.

whats up guys

just got the vortex fan in and installed it. gotta give it to them it is damn near silent. heres a few pics

right now I'm trying out a passive intake I punched thru the wall into a adjoining closet and put in a piece of PVC I saw at my local hardware store just to make sure I'm not pulling anything from inside the wall and putting it into my tent. that red thing is a variac variable transformer. i kept reading the cheap speed controllers cause's the fan to make a buzzing noise which defeats the silent aspect. so I invested a little more an so far no buzzing. anyone know how much the vortex s600 turns the air over and how it will affect my rh and c02 levels? cant find any reliable info online right now. any helps great. I will keep you guys updated.

WEEK 4 UPDATE:

whats up potheads. ran into a few issues in the past week. seems like we got a ph issue, got leaf curling and stem purpling, but its only on the top half that receives light which makes me think its the light causing the stem to purple up or over watering.been giving the bigger ones a little less than a liter apiece not sure tho. the bag seeds are purple. the runoff was 5.8 on all except my dakini kush 1 which had a 6.3. and some heat stress. gotta give it to the girls tho they don't wana stop growing. heres some pics

DAKINI KUSH 1

shes looking the worst of the bunch but I got faith she'll recover

DAKINI KUSH 2

PURP BAGSEED 1

PURP BAGSEED 2

shes smaller cause she was sprouted a week after the other girls

everything else is looking good. keeping daytime temps around 74*F-78*F night time 68*F and RH around 45-55%. I fed them FoxFarm Grow Big 1/2 dose 3 days ago. anyone got any input swing away I could use all the help I can get. stay stoned .

whats up guys.

GOT SOMETHING CRAZY TO SHOW YALL. I SAW THIS LAST WEEK ON MY DAKINI KUSH 2. ITS A DOUBLE TRIPLE NODE.

its got three nodes. but the base is a double node. all other nodes are regular. Ill keep yall updated

hey guys got a quick update.

all the girls looking alot better I seem to have fixed the ph problem. here a few pics so u can compare.

DAKINI KUSH 1

DAKINI KUSH 2

she looks like this cause I want to personally see what under watering looks like. because I think I was over watering them a few weeks ago.

PURP 1

PURP 2

She got some nute burn bad on her lower leaves. But I flushed her and it looks like it stopped. stay Stoned ill keep yall updated.

WEEK 5 AND 6

Whats up guys. been pretty busy lately so i haven't had time to post anything. But that changes today i got yall with a few pics, and we got our first preflowers on the purp bagseed 1 which means I got at least 3 females since the dakinis were feminized.

PURP 1 PISTIL

DAKINI KUSH 1

ANYONE GOT ANY IDEA WHAT THE LEAF YELLOWING MIGHT BE ON THIS GIRL. THE PH IN IS 6.3 AND HER OTHER LEAVES GOT TIP BURN SO I KNOW THE SOILS HOT. YALL THINK IT MIGHT BE SALT BUILD UP? OR A CAL/MAG ISSUE?

DAKINI KUSH 2

PURP 1

PURP 2

There looking really green cause the soil is straight out the bag Fox Farm Ocean Forest. its really high in nitrogen anyway so im not feed regular nutes. I'm giving voodoo juice every other water and some GH bio root so the roots can get in there. any help yall can give is appreciated. stay stoned

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom