First Journal: DIY T5/LED Light & Grow Box

It's good to see the size of the laterals. This will enable you to get a nice even canopy. :thumb:

Any idea of the stretch on this strain?

Looking at the strain review, it looks like you have a nice, strong strain and only 45-50 days of flowering.

Kritikal Bilbo by Genehtik Seeds is a real treat for the sweet-tooth stoner - the dried end-product has a delicious aroma and an intensely sweet and fruity taste. And not only your taste-buds will be delighted - this weed boasts with a THC level of whopping 21% and 0,36% CBD.

Hello :420: hope eveyone's having a great weekend :smokin:

It's been three weeks since I last updated!! How time flies. Had a really busy time at work, and life in general. Add to that a healthy dose of laziness on my part and my journal's well behind.

Switching to flower didn't help either. Lights are on 11pm until 11am. So time with my girl's a bit limited. But not this Sunday :)

So going through the pics on my camera I found this from last weekend

0013351.JPG

She didn't stretch as much as I thought/hoped. I think I could have installed the screen an inch or so lower, but too late now. I kept tucking her under the screen where needed for the first 2 weeks.

This morning she greeted me like this

0101634.JPG

0111437.JPG

All in all quite happy, she's showing signs of needing more food. Which is fine by me.

Today I fed her, 1ml of Bio Grow, Cal Mag, and 2ml of Bio Bloom. I expect I'll feed her again mid week some time, she's very thirsty and I think hungry too.

So if I may push my camera's limits again

0141036.JPG

0121273.JPG

Well I'm a happy camper :cheesygrinsmiley: While it may not be the most efficient grow in the world, I'm starting to see a harvest ahead.

I'm seriously considering upgrading to a DIY cob for next winter's grow. Been lurking in FanLeaf and SeymoreNuggets DIY threads sucking up the info. Looks like it's the way to go, maybe keep the T5's for side lighting, and heat, seeing how this larger grow box runs so much cooler than my old smaller one.

Right I'm off to pop in some other threads, I may have missed a few harvests in my absence :thedoubletake:

As always comments, questions and suggestions more than welcome.

:Namaste:

I wondered where you disappeared to!

She's starting to look nice and frosty already and there's still plenty of time for her to stretch.

My didn't stretch as much as I expected either, so this time around I'm going to use the SCROG for all the LST and allow the branches at least 6 inches above the screen before flipping this time around.

Happy weekend :420:

Hope everyone's having a good one. :smokin::bong::roorrip:

Cheers for stopping in Crashdog, I like the pics too. I think they make the plant look far more healthy than she does in real life :cheesygrinsmiley: I supppose weed photos are one of the things you don't mind the camera putting weight on lol. I'll stop by your journal when I've done this.

Hey Mitten and Greengo, yeah I let the journal slide there for a bit, but I'm a self confessed lurker, so I didnt really go anywhere. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well I've managed to not let this journal slide this week. Which is good. Got up early (for a Sat), fed the girl, took some photos and went back to bed. Allowing me to update at a more social time of day, with a coffee.

The girl has been thirsty this week. Including this morning she's got through over 10l of water. Getting a stable Ph in her SWICK seems to be impossible, but it's not stopping her drinking.

Here she is

0013363.JPG

I've been topping up her SWICK everyday, with water Ph'd a little low. Next day it's 7+. Sure this is the cause of the pale leaves, but new growth seems uneffected, and the bud's are growing great.

0091806.JPG

Thought the red would make a change, :cheesygrinsmiley: but if you want a more traditional look

0042902.JPG

Today's day 28 of 12/12. The packet say's 45-50 days, so I reckon I might be halfway, although I'll be happy to go a little longer if I can keep her alive and fairly happy. :wood:

She smells good, and she's wearing her frost well.

0121278.JPG

Really looking forward to getting stuck into this one.:passitleft:

They are starting to look awesome, Pine nut.

I wondered if the pale green of the older leaves was a light effect or not.

I only had a rising PH when mine was vegging rapidly. After that it, stabilised and I barely had to adjust it at all. You have reminded me that I need to take some pics to update my new grow. She's going to bed shortly so it will have to be either tonight or tomorrow.

Good evening :420:

Hope all's good and green in your worlds.

Just a quick update. Really starting to feel I'm on the home straight now. It would be a shame to let the journal slide.

So here she is or was, I remembered to take some photos last night :cheesygrinsmiley:

0013363.JPG

Still looking hungry, but the new growth's good, and she's continuing to frost up. Starting to get quite a smell going too.

Today's day 35 since the flip, so 3 weeks to go according to the packet. Hope it doesn't need to go much longer than that.

I don't want to complain but Spring has finally sprung here, and day time temps are on the up. The room I grow in is a bit of a hotbox when the suns out. Should be good as long as we don't get a heat wave. At least humidity won't be a problem.

0042902.JPG

0121278.JPG

Just want to get this over with now, before anything can go wrong lol.

Got plans for some outdoor growing after my holiday. Just a couple of plants, probably autos, with a whole set of different challenges.

That's all for now

Looking really great, Pine nut and I'd say 3 weeks looks like a pretty good estimate.

How are you venting? And I'm not talking about yelling at the wife and kicking the dog.

Hey Piña Delores nice girl shame about the 1 you had to kill but it is what it is my friend. That scrogs looking good I was gonna do scrog but not 100% sure on that yet. I like your set up and the sliding door is a really great idea. I love to top at the 4th node and lst for maximum tops in my little Micro Gbox.
Keep up the good work!
:green_heart::420:
:passitleft:

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

Still going sorry had personal things to deal with.
More pictures tonight lol very soon.
Cheers for dropping by

Got a couple things to blaze purple dawg and royal gorilla and I must say both are great lol pictures soon thinking of trimming all the faded leafs from the Northerlights? At this point she should be harvested so few more days with the yellowing leafs all trimmed might help light and hopefully more bud formation. Well see how it goes guys lol

Dude this ain't abandoned lol put it back where it should be please and thanks

Back
Top Bottom