First Journal: DIY T5/LED Light & Grow Box

I suppose I could have just gone with a straight translation, but I preferred pine nut. Actually, piñón sounds almost the same in Potuguese, but looks way different - pinhão.

I hear what you're saying about the cold - it's sub freezing here (and I am such a pussy with cold after living so long in warmer climes), but I am hoping the difference between the night and day temps may boost my trichomes.

When you flush, do you keep the pots well elevated to allow gravity to do it's thang?

Sub freezing, I feel for you Green

Been getting a high of about 7c here, and thats low for us. Can see snow on the nearby mountains, and the snow lines way lower than I've ever seen it.

Elevating the pots is a bit of a problem

0072197.JPG

The plants are hanging on lol

Just going to keep replacing the water until it gets balanced, I've just checked it just now and it's crept up again. I'll do the syphon thing one more time tonight and see where I'm at in the morning.

:Namaste:

Evening all.

Just a quick update. No photo's, the girls don't feel up to it.

The side lighting's doing it's job. Acting like a little radiator for the girls, warm to the touch. My box is sitting at 23c. They've started smelling. :cheesygrinsmiley: Not weedy, but the room containing my box certainly smells planty. I'm taking this as a sign of an increase in their happiness.

Still battling PH level in the SWICKS, but I'm getting there. Changed the water twice today, and think the PH is rising slower each time. I could just be hopeful though.

Looking to give them a feed on Wednesday, and a photo shoot if they're up for it.

As always comments, questions and suggestions more than welcome.

Hey pine nut (see I've given up on copying your user name).

Sorry to hear of your travails and dissatisfaction with your progress. :(

My first thought with the browning tips was over fertilisation.
However, my go to for diagnosing issues is this site: - (just lose the spaces)

ww w.grow weed easy.co m/marijuana-symptoms-pictures

These girls will never give up. Find the problem and they'll love you again!
Ahh so that's how you post unsponsored websites. I tried posting the same website and it was "edited" by 420. A truly great site btw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hello all :420:

Welcome Dog, that's indeed a good site. Second to only this one :cheesygrinsmiley:::adore::cheesygrinsmiley::adore::cheesygrinsmiley:

Still feeling like the bloke in that GIF here Green. 6c at night, not as cold as you, or others, but it's how well your geared up for it. Houses here are designed for hot weather. Tiled floors, no double glazing, or central heating. They really suck in cold weather.

The extra lights are keeping the temps up in my box though. The room the box is in is probably the warmest in the house because of it lol. Shame there's no room in there for anything else. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The plants had a feed last night, along with some Cal Mag.

I think Philomena's loving it

0013285.JPG

Showing some signs of recovery :cheesygrinsmiley:. Bald patch is shrinking, wish i could do that :laughtwo:. Going to have to sort out a screen for her this weekend, hoping to flip a week on Fri. If she continues to improve.

I trained her a little tonight, no post torture photos. I got a lttle caught up with her sis.

Juanita

0023179.JPG

Looking more than a bit sorry for herself. As you know she's been treated just the same as her sibling.

Anyone got any ideas?

Or have I screwed up and planted an auto? :thedoubletake: It's possible, thinking about it there was nothing on the packet saying what it was, apart from "Bublegum". The fella in the store told me it was feminised, again nothing on the packet lol. It was a freebie.

If I have, man it's been abused. Feel quite sorry for her.

0052658.JPG

What you all think? Could do with a second opinion on this one.

On a brighter note (excuse the pun) just picked up 4 of these through work.

0072202.JPG

Big office refit, scrapped about a hundred or so. Going to stick 2 of them in the box for side lighting. Ordered 2 new Secret Garden 2100k lamps for 11 euro's. Bargain

As always comments, questions and suggestions more than welcome, and tonight really needed lol

Philomena's looking much healthier, Pine nut. Well done and keep up the good work.
Juanita's not looking so bad though and if she is an auto it won't make any difference if you flip or not.

I hear what you are saying about the houses not designed for the cold as I lived in Australia hundreds of years ago and it would regularly fall to 0C in the winter and the houses were the same - tiled floors, etc, etc.

Good evening :420:

Just a quick update, think I'm going to be down to one plant.

0072204.JPG

I think Juanita's a bloody Juan :thedoubletake:, that looks like a set of nuts to me. Been thinking there's something fishy going on with it for a while now, and that would explain it.

Just my luck to get a freebie auto, male plant. lol

Could do with a second opinion though.

Still got Philomena (maybe I should stop the wife giving my plants feminised male names) and she's doing great.

0013292.JPG

Wish I had more time to veg her. Will have a lot of space in my box to fill now. Might not need to bother with a SCROG, I've kept her very low with training.

0033050.JPG

I think the most I can do is 2 more weeks. Got hols coming up in 12 weeks, and they're going to have to be in jars by then. Opps my mistake, she not they :bigblush:

For the record I fed them tonight (shit did it again) HER. 1ml Cal Mag, 2ml bio grow, 1ml bio bloom in preparation of things to come, in a litre of water.

Yep it sucks.

Not going to complain, I'm lucky enough to be able to walk to a store, and buy more or less everything I need for a grow. Including a fair selection of seeds.

Sure I could get a wider selection, maybe cheaper online, but without mine and others support, I wouldn't be able to walk to a grow store. It wouldn't be there :cheesygrinsmiley:

Same goes with that dodgy seed, I suspect it's locally produced by a fellow hobby grower, hence the weird spelling of "buble gum"

It came free, because I bought 2 seeds for my box. My only regret is I didn't start all 3 :cheesygrinsmiley: Lesson learnt

It also makes me feel a whole lot better about killing one of his seeds on accident last summer lol. Too much sun, too early. That was another lesson :laughtwo:

Well I'm writing this while I put off culling Juan, I'll update later.

Comments, questions and suggestions more than welcome

Well it's been done, Juan is no more :rip:

Hopefully my box is now female only. :wood:

Shame, he really was quite healthy underneath.

0013295.JPG

Quite the weight lifter.

0023188.JPG

Well as they say onwards and upwards, Philomena's still looking good.

0033054.JPG

Didn't have the heart for much training tonight, after butchering her playmate. I did notice the extra space though. I could turn her round and get at all sides, that's a first.

Also gave me the space to install an oscilating fan, should help build up her strength a bit.

Here she is after training, you can just see the fan before installation.

0042851.JPG

Spent some time today installing the rest of the side lighting. I realise it's not the most efficient for one plant, but as long as it gets the job done.

I've now got 110w of warm white on the back wall of the box, and 38w of LED lighting hanging in the entrance, along with my original DIY T5/LED hood.

0062367.JPG

Going to be keeping an eye on the temps again for a bit, but she won't be cold :cheesygrinsmiley:.

Hey :420:

Quick update. This is how Phil greeted me tonight :cheesygrinsmiley:

0023192.JPG

She's started drinking a lot more, so I gave her a feed. 2ml of grow, 1ml Cal Mag in 1l of water.

Filled up the SWICK, all with nicely PH'd water.

Changed the lights to 16/8, and installed a screen. Now that I'm down to one plant I've just reused my old one.

0033057.JPG

Going to flip on Friday, need this grow to finish before my holiday, and don't want to cut it too fine.

0042853.JPG

She should hit the screen with the stretch, be interesting to see how much.

That's it for now

Looking amazing Piña, sucks about the one plant you cut. I feel for you, had the same thing happen to me but with only one plant. Learned the lesson and started 4, lost 2 again :rofl: not complaining though. How is the pH in the swick? Hope you got that sorted out. Blessings :Namaste:

Pat's Mars Hydro II 700W Grow

Pat's Small CFL Grow

Hey :420:

Hope everyone's having a great weekend.

The Ph in the swick keeps going up Pat.

Fill it with Ph'd water, and next day it's back up to 7. She's drinking enough that the SWICK needs a top up each day. She seems to be coping with the yo-yo effect. Although she did look hungry tonight.

0013311.JPG

She was fed the same as last time, and the lights have been swapped to 12/12. Tomorrow will be her first 12hr dark period. Hope she fills her screen a bit more.

0023203.JPG

Back
Top Bottom