First proper grow with investment

bLaZeHaZe43

Hello my name is jamie and I need some advice on my first proper grow.
Anyway im thinking of a 80x80x160 grow tent
with a 400w mh (for veg) and hps(for flower) but what
size or type of carbon filter setup or odor control
should I use?!
Also I will be using biobizz grow, bloom, ,topmax and the soil.
As well as 11l pots what kind of yield should I expect?

check out my journals mate. i have tent set ups in them among other things and im from uk too.

have u bought the soil already? if not go with coco, it'll yield better and u have more control than shop bought soil as a novice.

5in fan and 6in small rhino filter will be enough for extraction and odour issues. no fan blowing air into tent. just run some ducting in to allow a passive air intake. u be looking at 400-500grams max but unless uve researched hard and make no errors its unlikely u'll get that. u prob looking at 5 oz dry. strain and environment dependent from my experience.

dont use a cheap unbranded can carbon filter for odour, they dont work. if stealth is an issue, dont cut corners here! rhino carbon filters are the best the uk has to offer and i think they are the best carbon air filters u can buy anywhere. they work.

check out my journals mate. i have tent set ups in them among other things and im from uk too.

have u bought the soil already? if not go with coco, it'll yield better and u have more control than shop bought soil as a novice.

5in fan and 6in small rhino filter will be enough for extraction and odour issues. no fan blowing air into tent. just run some ducting in to allow a passive air intake. u be looking at 400-500grams max but unless uve researched hard and make no errors its unlikely u'll get that. u prob looking at 5 oz dry. strain and environment dependent from my experience.

dont use a cheap unbranded can carbon filter for odour, they dont work. if stealth is an issue, dont cut corners here! rhino carbon filters are the best the uk has to offer and i think they are the best carbon air filters u can buy anywhere. they work.

Cheers for the advice guys much appreciated! Anyway I was thinking
about using coco but doesn't it mean more things can go wrong?
By that I mean the ph levels. Wheres the cheapest place I can get a rhino
filter then?
Also I was thinking about growing barneys liberty haze, barneys pineapple
chunk and green house lemon skunk. All of them have a pretty good
yield but cos its my first propet grow I wouldn't expect alot.

TBH i have no idea about how to keep coco in good PH ranges. Never used the stuff. I only know about soil and hydro. A lot of people like coco, it dries fairly fast too which is nice.

Me I find really good soil the best. Perlite, peat moss, azomite, compost, and all that sort of good stuff.

try greenhouse seeds AMS. very high yield per m2, high thc and very resilient to stress.

less can go wrong with coco because u have more control. u still need to look after ph in soil if u want a good result. get a quality ph pen or meter like the blue lab ph pen or bluelab combo meter.

check out ebay for rhino filter, digitek sell them at reasonable price.

? thats how u do coco. mix nutes, set ph. done. its a much, much better medium as its lighter, more aerated and u have absolute control what goes in. it will yield more in a like for like situation. Its cleaner, no need to worry about pest hatching once they go under lights.

dont get me wrong soil is ok when u make it urself and know how to mix fertilizers and understand what plant needs and when it needs it. but imo its the worst medium for indoor growing. Its messy, can bring pests indoors and doesnt yield like coco/hydro like for like. And imo u get just as good quality if not better from coco/hydro when done correctly. The purists will say organically grown in soil weed cant be beaten but i dont agree. U can go full organic in coco or hydro too, with the added benefits of more oxygenated rootzone and more control at different stages of growth.

thats just my opinion after having grown many different styles over many grows. but what suits me, doesnt suit everyone i guess.

I simply have just never tried coco out so i dont have an opinion on it.

So far my only experience is with good organic soil and chem hydro.

So which coco and nutrients should I use for a nice yield, although I would rather
have quality over quantity!
Also i've found "Prima Klima Eco Hobby Filter/RVK Inline Fan Filtration Kits" Which is £80 for a 4" kit.
Or "Rhino Pro Filter/RVK Inline Fan Filtration Kits" Which is £110 for 4" kit with 350m3/h but isnt that massive for a 4"!?!

So which coco and nutrients should I use for a nice yield, although I would rather
have quality over quantity!
Also i've found "Prima Klima Eco Hobby Filter/RVK Inline Fan Filtration Kits" Which is £80 for a 4" kit.
Or "Rhino Pro Filter/RVK Inline Fan Filtration Kits" Which is £110 for 4" kit with 350m3/h but isnt that massive for a 4"!?!

RVK 100mm inline don't shift that much air... but might be related to max volume of what the filter can handle ?

I'll PM you a couple of links to Uk hydro online shops which do pretty alright deals/prices & better than the above :thumb:

Oh ye, you might want to take a look at canna nutrients... they cost a arm 'n' leg tho, failing that Hesi nutrients are aviable at half the price of canna in the UK... depends on where you shop !

Cheers! My budget is about £300 thats for tent, lighting, filter setup and nutrients.
But if im growing in a 80x80x160 do I really need to buy a good filter setup?
Might sound like a complete noob sorry!

I've been growing with Biobizz nutrients & soil/compost for the aprox a year under a 400w grolux bulb which is dual spectrum HID (only used flowering but can be used for vegging also along with the sunmaster brand name of bulbs being of a dual spectrum nature) & use a gaint 125w blue/6500k spectrum CFL for vegging with reasonable good results in a grow tent of 90 by 90 by 180 cm's.

To which i achieve 6oz dry weight average over 4 plants but can be any where between 5 to 7 oz as every grow is mildly different - yields can be strain dependant along with training methods used (super cropping)

At present i prefer indica dominate strains due to their shorter growing height & quicker flowering times when compared to hybrids & sativa strains.

I myself prefer a pertual style of growing maintaining a harvest every 2 months... whilst i have girls in flowering, i am rooting clones & vegging in the same time frame it takes to flower rince 'n' repeat - require 2 tents/grow spaces, which works out quite nicely with the slower growing nature of soil whilst in veg.

When seeds packets/seed shops/sites list 400/500g per M2 thats is often refered to by growing SOG style aka lots of small plants grown in a 1 M2 space this can be any where between 20 to 60 plants.

So in theory if i grew 60 sog plants which yield 5g dry weight per plant - 60 x 5 = 300g aprox

Or

36 sog plants which yield 14g dry weight per plant - 36 x 14 = 504g aprox

Now total veg time & strain genetics may well effect end yield along with bulb size used !

Scrog method of growing which also includes aspects of super cropping via topping & lst is another popular method to increase yield per plant.

Some other growers also like to practice the defoilation method, this works well with hydro grown plants better due to the faster growth rate of when compared to soil grown plants with may often take longer to regenerate in my own experience & the method can be used with any style of growing.

LST, Topping, Defoilation can all increase yield per plant.

Mix masta Duck, not giving a fuck, spreading knowledge to the lads of 420, if wisdom was golden this guy would be money!

Member of the Month? More like member of the year.
I already said it once, but ill make it more clear
The Duck spreads gifts like the forums Santa
everything spoken becomes a mantra
his knowledge top notch, only surpassed by his giving
if you grow like Fuzzy Duck your buds will be big and life be good living!

Fuzzy Duck! Fuzzy Duck! Fuzzy Duck Duck Duck Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk----____====

completely agree mate - a mid range or good carbon filter is a must if you want to be the one doing the cropping!! had bad experiences myself with cheap filters - crop lost to cut a long story short.

we started using ozone generators to help with odour control - they are the best investment you will ever make - literally destroy smell - smells of the outside instead of...

use wherever smells can leak - in loft - on landing - some people use in the grow room too as ALL plants have evolved to be accustomed to ozone

Back
Top Bottom