First Grow, Indoor Soil LED Bagseed, Purple Kush Or Purple Haze

Looking pretty full in there mr mango! Very beautiful. I would also advise flipping the switch on these gals now since they will at least double in size with the flower stretch. Around 3 weeks into flowering you can then go ahead and clip some of the big fan leaves out of the way that would be blocking light to lower bud sites. Looking great in there though, can't wait to see them stretch!

You think they stink right now? lol.. That is only the green smell of a plant growing really, the true smells come out at 3 or 4 weeks and dammm you will like it haha. But yes your friend is right, the smell will stick to you like crazy, not so much from just being around them, its when you touch them or brush up against them. You will for sure want to wash your hands off :)

Right, here we go then. Last stop before Flower Town :D

Spent a couple of hours with the grow today getting everything prepped for the flip this weekend!

Took all the ladies outside the tent, gave it a good scrub down taking care to make sure all the corners and difficult to reach areas were sanitised. Used the opporunity to take some shots of the ladies in some natural lighting (hooray).

Gave them all a good haircut and lollipopped them ahead of the flip, trimming the bottom 30% of growth away and taking some clones in the process. I had some tops which were never going to get caught up to the canopy so figured this was a good time to get a start on the next round! Made myself a little DIY clone job using a baking tray and soda bottles, hopefully at least a couple of them take in their new environment.

All clones were cut at 45 degree, bottom 1.5-2 cm was scraped on the outside to encourage root growth. Clones were allowed a short soak in Rhizotonic solution before being set into Jiffy Pellets pre-soaked at PH 6.5

Plan to give them 2-3 days to recover from the pruning before flipping the switch.

Eye candy follows..

Pre Lollipop
DSC_026519.JPG

DSC_026612.JPG

Post Lollipop
DSC_026717.JPG

Pre Lollipop
DSC_026916.JPG

DSC_026816.JPG

Post Lollipop
DSC_027015.JPG

Pre Lollipop
DSC_027221.JPG

DSC_027117.JPG

Post Lollipop
DSC_027316.JPG

Pre Lollipop
DSC_027514.JPG

DSC_027414.JPG

Post Lollipop
DSC_027618.JPG

Next round in the DIY clone domes
DSC_027715.JPG

View into the tent
DSC_027810.JPG

DSC_027913.JPG

Canopy Shot

<To Follow>

MrMango :Namaste:

That is a great job on the lollipop. That look like that are ready to shoot through the roof of your space when they start to stretch. You think about tying the branches down now into more of a bowl shape to help with the height. Cause those bad girls look huge Mango. Love the DIY clone table. I bet you it works just as good as one you would buy for 100.00. Buddy of mine who grows says it took him a while to get the hang of cloning and get to 100% success rate. He started out using a metal dish with a high plastic dome as well. Think he got it at the dollar store. He used that for a long time crop after crop. Still says was the best buck he ever spent.

Right, here we go then. Last stop before Flower Town :D

Spent a couple of hours with the grow today getting everything prepped for the flip this weekend!

Took all the ladies outside the tent, gave it a good scrub down taking care to make sure all the corners and difficult to reach areas were sanitised. Used the opporunity to take some shots of the ladies in some natural lighting (hooray).

Gave them all a good haircut and lollipopped them ahead of the flip, trimming the bottom 30% of growth away and taking some clones in the process. I had some tops which were never going to get caught up to the canopy so figured this was a good time to get a start on the next round! Made myself a little DIY clone job using a baking tray and soda bottles, hopefully at least a couple of them take in their new environment.

All clones were cut at 45 degree, bottom 1.5-2 cm was scraped on the outside to encourage root growth. Clones were allowed a short soak in Rhizotonic solution before being set into Jiffy Pellets pre-soaked at PH 6.5

Plan to give them 2-3 days to recover from the pruning before flipping the switch.

Eye candy follows..

Pre Lollipop
DSC_026519.JPG

DSC_026612.JPG

Post Lollipop
DSC_026717.JPG

Pre Lollipop
DSC_026916.JPG

DSC_026816.JPG

Post Lollipop
DSC_027015.JPG

Pre Lollipop
DSC_027221.JPG

DSC_027117.JPG

Post Lollipop
DSC_027316.JPG

Pre Lollipop
DSC_027514.JPG

DSC_027414.JPG

Post Lollipop
DSC_027618.JPG

Next round in the DIY clone domes
DSC_027715.JPG

View into the tent
DSC_027810.JPG

DSC_027913.JPG

Canopy Shot

<To Follow>

MrMango :Namaste:

Thanx for all those awesome befit and after shots as well. Sure is nice to see that stuff up and close from a few angles. Gives me some frame of reference for it when it happens.

Agreed, love the detailed shots.

I just ordered some Mango from Tilray - I'll vape some in your honour when it arrives. :thumb:

Agreed, love the detailed shots.

I just ordered some Mango from Tilray - I'll vape some in your honour when it arrives. :thumb:

Jheez Dobe, gonna make a grown man cry! Plan to get some mango genetics for my next crop. Was the first strain I truly fell in love with and haven't come across it in many, many years. Need to change that!

How many plants do you have under that jungle canopy. You will surely be rewarded for all the training.

Just the 4 now, one of the original 6 turned out to be male. Couldn't face trashing the little guy so went guerrilla and planted him municipally... he's since disappeared . I hope someone rescued it but also hope they weren't disappointed in taking a man home .

The other runty lady I passed on to a grateful friend but haven't had any updates on its progress!

Difference between the plants on the left side and right side made me wonder if they were in fact 2 different strains. Guess the smoke will tell unless there's some real anoraks around to help? .

Looking great Mr Mango, the lollipopping went really well! That tent is just going to be a massive bush in 2-3 weeks once you flip lol, can't wait to see it.

It can be hard to tell sometimes whether or not you have 2 different strains or 2 different phenotypes. I forget, were these seeds you found in the same bag of flower or were they some that were just given to you by someone who was collecting bag seeds? I am willing to bet it is just 2 different phenotypes though if they came from the same place/bag.

Looking great Mr Mango, the lollipopping went really well! That tent is just going to be a massive bush in 2-3 weeks once you flip lol, can't wait to see it.

It can be hard to tell sometimes whether or not you have 2 different strains or 2 different phenotypes. I forget, were these seeds you found in the same bag of flower or were they some that were just given to you by someone who was collecting bag seeds? I am willing to bet it is just 2 different phenotypes though if they came from the same place/bag.

Hey Dick and thanks for checking in!

Having done a bit of reading I presume they're showing different phenotype characteristics. Spoke to the guy I got the seeds from again, he said they were purple kush for sure and he had about 20 odd seeds from the batch.
Taken cuttings from all the ladies which are all looking pretty strong today having just given them a light misting, hopefully I can get some of them to take as it would be nice to take the strain forward into another grow.

Had an uncharacteristically hot day here yesterday, coupled with some really thirsty plants gave me a bit of a worry yesterday. One of the ladies was looking rather limp last night; moved her furthest away from the fan, gave them a feed and then watered with tap water at ph 6.5 again this morning on wake up as humidity had dropped 20% and still felt rather arid!

Figured while I was adjusting all the LST cables having taken some off for the lollipop I'd get a few more shots. Plan to go dark to a dark phase some point in the next 48 hours pending any changes to development!

DSC_028118.JPG
DSC_028215.JPG

DSC_028322.JPG
DSC_028415.JPG

DSC_028519.JPG
DSC_028616.JPG

DSC_028717.JPG
DSC_028822.JPG

Into the tent
DSC_028920.JPG

Canopy shots
DSC_029023.JPG
DSC_029122.JPG

Those are some thick looking bushes. What size pots are they in?

I'm only in 3gal pots, as I didn't think I'd be able to fit 4 5gal in the space. Budget constraints meant I had to make do, unfortunate as I think they would have really benefitted! Been browsing online looking at the square pots in the hope they're going to be the solution next round; but being square seems to bump the price significantly!

I'm only in 3gal pots, as I didn't think I'd be able to fit 4 5gal in the space. Budget constraints meant I had to make do, unfortunate as I think they would have really benefitted! Been browsing online looking at the square pots in the hope they're going to be the solution next round; but being square seems to bump the price significantly!

Does bump up the price but also usually have more depth which seems better for the roots.

Also they do have those same leaves as the PK I'm growing. Prob just two diff pheno.

Went and did a little more research on PK characteristics which made me fairly sure they would indeed be Purple Kush!

If it wasn't for the holiday id be considering a 5gal transplant and vegging longer for some serious growth... I'd probably need a bigger tent too though!

Plan to spend a bit of time next week converting some old furniture into a dedicated vegging/propagation area; I'll update on this if I can manage to follow through on it. The way your new areas looking is prompting me into action! ..

Back
Top Bottom