First Scrog

I do not believe that placing a SCroG screen in flower would cause your plants to hermaphrodite. Usually cannabis growers who use a SCroG screen place the SCroG screen 12" above the plant pot in vegetative growth and allow the plants to grow into the SCroG screen as they grow and the branches are trained and woven through the SCroG screen.

Hi King, if I may, you can scrog in veg if you flower under the same light fixture, just changing the bulbs during the switch. If you have different veg & flower rooms then you would top & lst your plants in veg then take them into the flower room, put under the scrog & cut them loose and start spreading out your tops.

If I'm wrong please let me know as I am still learning.

Yes I agree that if you wish to use Topping and Low Stress Training your cannabis plants then placing your plants in your flower grow area under a SCroG screen would allow a high amount of developed branch and node growth allowing may colas to form. I would ideally allow the cannabis plants enough time to grow to the SCroG screen height before flowering.

Could you put them in to the flower room with a HPS @ 18/6 for a week then go 12/12?

Yes that it is also possible to grow your cannabis under High Pressure Sodium lights for 18/6 18 hours on and 6 hours of darkness for 1 week prior to flowering, prior to the use of Metal Halide light bulbs usage in indoor growing cannabis was commonly grown under High Pressure Sodium light bulbs. You may notice that the plants grown under High Pressure Sodium light bulbs for 18/6 stretch more due to the light spectrum than plants grown under Metal Halide light bulbs for 18/6.

Point taken Weaselcracker, how high up do you put the scrog when you put them in flower?

Hmmm- well, the screens I made are pretty easily adjustable so I lower them down on the plant and...spread the branches out as much as I can, using the screen. As a function of the branches getting spread out- they get lower. I try to have each limb's end in the scrog square with about 3 inches or so sticking up, if you know what I mean (they don't stick up at first necessarily- they bend up towards the light after a little while)
Anyway.... It's basically a function of how high I did the topping and lst during veg. The plant in the photo - the screen is about 6 or 7" I'm guessing, above the pot. I probably started topping it around 5" tall and because it's an indica thing it didn't ever get very lanky.6 or 7" is too low to very comfortably work under, or water unless I had a long necked watering can which for some silly reason has remained on my shopping list for the last six months. Some of my other screens are a bit higher like ten inches , which at least gives me more room to operate. I like King John's height mentioned of 12" sounds more reasonable and I also really like Dankstank's height. Definitely aiming to have a taller plants going into the scrog next time.

Thank you KJC & Weaselcracker. :adore: :Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom