First Time Auto, First Time DWC, Northern Lights

She took awhile that’s for sure. We light stressed them at the beginning and they suffered due to that. I’ve started a journal about them if you wanted to check it out and see her at the different stages. There’s a link in my signature
Will do, I'll swing on by.

Umm well . No lights no bud .
I have never seen a stretch on a plant like that that isn’t screaming for some light ?
Could be wrong.
Good luck ! :)
It's hard controlling the humidity with these lights on but I gave it a go, I have to leave the window open a few inches to vent out the room to keep the condensation down on the windows.
I've lowered the heat in the room too. These lights have a built in fan to keep them from overheating but they create a lot of humidity, closed tent gets up to 90%, currently sits around 60% with it open and a small dehumidifier and fan going.
I need to invest in a carbon filter to add to my inline fan so I don't stink out the neighbors who keep their window open beside us, we live in a townhouse.
I put the light on a day after you commented, we'll see how these finish.

Attachments

• 20191129_154336_HDR.jpg
    20191129_154336_HDR.jpg
    606 KB · Views: 19
  • 20191129_154307_HDR.jpg
    20191129_154307_HDR.jpg
    709.1 KB · Views: 17
I didn’t want to criticize so I didn’t mention the lanky grow due to lack of light
Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Switched their feed schedule to the recommended dosage for bloom in the Flora trio line, see how they respond, I've been using the recommended dosage so far in transition to bloom so they should be good.

I forgot to mention that it was Ashburn that went on full bloom nutrients solution yesterday, today it was Mullins turn to go on the full recommend mix by Flora trio, so a res change for her at bloom soup.

Ashburn.

20191204_231734.jpg

20191204_231853.jpg

Mullins.

20191204_231812.jpg

20191204_231907.jpg

The higher area of her stalk is filling in, it doesn't feel like a straw anymore.

The girls in natural light.

20191204_232013.jpg

Under the 1000W (205w actual draw) light, veg and bloom switches are turned on. I have another light, exactly the same not in use at the moment until it gets used in another space for another grow in a few days or so.

20191204_232035_HDR.jpg

Both girls had a slight defoliation the other day, I removed the lower dead fan leaves and a few larger fan leaves from both plants.

On with the show!

I think these girls just may finish up, how long? I really don't know.
I took a few more pictures and am trying to show the growth, I realized that the previous shots are a bit hard to see properly due to the background, so I used my hand to try and get the camera to focus on the plant.

Ashburn.

20191206_235807.jpg

20191206_235947_HDR.jpg

Mullins

20191206_235836.jpg

20191206_235851.jpg

Sitting here a little baked after a 12 hour day at work at almost 1 in the morning and I'm wondering, what the heck did I smoke? Haha! I almost forgot what I was typing. Totally lost that train of.... thought? Is it thought when you are stoned?
Anyway, have a smoke everyone and be happy!

On with the show!

Being impatient I wanted to try the other 2 NL auto beans under proper lights because they are available now after the Durban's were harvested, I kept them in an airtight container in the fridge.
I dropped them on November 25, then into papertowel and into pods by the 29th, both had issues with serious helmet head and had to remove them myself, one was pinching the cotyledons together and caused the tap root to spiral. The other one also pinched one side of the cotyledon. I don't know if these are going to make it, these pictures were taken yesterday.
20191207_175207.jpg
20191207_175520.jpg

Keeping the pods misted and under a t5.
I'll give them a few more days and if no change I'll toss them out.

Try to get the shell off if you can.
I did after those pictures were taken, I put little spiral back in the pod too, she's the one in the top pod, this was taken a few minutes ago.

20191208_173143(1).jpg

We shall see in a few days.

Will you be putting those into your hydro system?
No I have 2 - 3 gallon coco pots washed and ready. I just want to see how they do from the get go under the proper lights.

Also I only have the one bucket which is being used at the moment. I'm still on the fence in regards to expanding the hydro system.

I tried dwc and went back to coco.
Yeah, I like it, just a lazy grower, hahaha, I keep forgetting to check ph and ppm daily, I'm surprised that one isn't dead yet.

Yep coco is just simpler.
I agree! I'm hoping that these 2 NL perform as they should under proper grow lights, it's weird that they didn't under full spectrum plant lights, not enough power I guess, you'd figure that an auto would grow under any light.

Back
Top Bottom