First Time Grow 2018

Hello , you don't have anywhere enough leaves on those plants to be trimming , my question to you is how many plants are you gonna grow , the reason I ask is the light you are using may be strong enough but most of it is being wasted on a area of the whole shed and a lot of the items in the shed are of colors that absorbed light , the very 1st thing you need is a tent, it allows you to control temps and humidity , light , yours is scattered all over a 8x8 shed , that shed is big enough to grow 15 plants but with more light etc ,A 2x4x5ft tent grows 3 really nice size plants , you need tighter control of the 3 items I just spoke of , plus what happens when you want to go to the flowering stage and they need 12 hrs of TOTAL DARKNESS to flower. I am sure that shed is NOT 100% totally sealed dark , growing weed is easy if you have strict controls in place , light , heat , ph (soil and nutes ), humidity , the bigger the area you are using the more lights , more cooling etc you need. Get to a smaller area to control , Amazon has 2x4 x5 ft tents for $125bucks start there and see what you are dealing with for light , temps etc , you need to think ahead of when you need to flower your plants as this is the most important stage of the plants life cycle , this is when they make the sought after buds , then the controls have to be even stricter , start small and with each and every grow you learn more , you want short bushy plants, to do this you need lots of light but low temps and this is where the controls come into play .lights create heat, heat drops humidity , low humidity slows growth , this is why your plants are getting taller not bushier , they are trying to reach the light and when they do the heat is to much . That shed needs a 1000 watt hps light not what you are using and the spectrum of light is also very important ,not just the intensity of the light. Growing weed is not easy if you want to grow to recover the cost of your investment and time and have a nice personal stash.
As you move the lights up to keep the heat down you lose important parts of the light spectrum and intensity .I run a 4x4x8 ft tent in my house using 2- 900 watt mars led lights and a 10 inch oscillating fan and have my lights at about 16 inches from my plants with temps at 75-77 degrees and the flaps on tent half open , keep in mind every strain of plant likes something a little different , thats where having strict controls in place allows you also to grow different breeds of plants down the road , sorry about the long winded thing I just wish people would have told me all these things up front before I started and learned the hard way with lots of problems , stretching, nute burn , low bud size etc .Keep your ph between 6-6.5 for soil.

41 days old.
20181118_142646.jpg
20181118_142630.jpg

wow is that the plants actual color or is that from the lighting being on if that's the plants real color then they are in serious trouble , don't even know where to begin on the problems they are facing .

wow is that the plants actual color or is that from the lighting being on if that's the plants real color then they are in serious trouble , don't even know where to begin on the problems they are facing .
I thinks it's a combo of the light and flash. I was working on the shed today. See it this helps out some. Not done yet...
20181118_205400.jpg
20181118_205411.jpg

I am no expert by any means at all as I am only on my first grow however it appears in your bottom picture you plants leaves are majorly curling upwards which I believe is a form of heat stress.

Happy growing :smokin:

I am no expert by any means at all as I am only on my first grow however it appears in your bottom picture you plants leaves are majorly curling upwards which I believe is a form of heat stress.

Happy growing :smokin:
Them leaves have been like that from previous heat stress weeks n weeks ago...Old leafs dont heal up my friend...

Your (LST) is wrong my friend..your stressing her out....your not doing it right!! She is trying to grow upwards as your bending her downwards you should of did this earlier in the game but thats why you topped her (HST) plus you are bending her over way to much at one time ,and gonna end up spliting her at the highway intersection lol.. thats where the nodes split off at the Y.. id un-tie her and let her be buddy maybe donsome supercropping later on before flower but your to late in the game to be LST.... just being honest..

I took your advice and untied the girls, I'll post new pics tomorrow.
20181212_212253.jpg
20181212_212256.jpg
Idk what the lock out would be?? Thats interesting.. yeah it was just to much of a bend on the lst see how there stretched and how the limb tryed to grow as a curve it was just trying to find light and grow upwards.. id throw them girls into flower there ready and go 12/12 on lighting and get ready for a stretch in the first week or 2 itll stop eventually.. lets get some bud development going.. also next time you water mix the nutes you have been so we can see what the run off ppm is they seem like there not getting enought nutrients.. the new girls look good ,also might want to feed them some cal-mag the one looks like its N deficiency cal-mag provide both N and calcium..

Back
Top Bottom