First Time Grow - Budget CFL Setup

evilryu667

Hi guys,
so this is my first time here, and anywhere on any forums like this, not sure if I'm posting this in the right area but yeah, here goes..

So I have two "mates" who both are growers, and I somehow ended up being the middle-man in an exchange of clones between the two. He asked for 10 clones but the other guy gave him 12, just in case anything went wrong.
Anyway my friend said he had no use for the extra 2 because he had no room for them.

I potted them in soil and just left them on the windowsill for around 4 weeks...I just forgot about them to be honest.
One of them eventually just wilted and died but the other was fine..so I decided to just put it out in the greenhouse, the weather was quite nice so why the hell not.

It was growing well but recently the weather has become bad so I have decided to bring the plant back indoors.
I have put together a budget setup as you will see in the photo..
20160503_234655_1_.jpg

Any suggestions or comments on things I should/shouldn't be doing would be appreciated, I will be adding another light the exact same at the weekend (when i get paid).
I have just used regular compost what I found in the greenhouse, I watered it with a half strength hydro grow chem, given to me by my friend, I guess it will be better than nothing.

Edit. It is a cut from Bubblegum from TH Seeds.

Ok quick update.
Made a few improvements as you can see in the pic. I've added another light and changed the bulbs to some 95w I got fairly cheap.
Painted the sides white and added a fan.
I've also added a door on the front and painted that white too.
20160506_121153.jpg

Am I OK to just keep giving it the half strength hydro grow chem, or should I get something else?
I will be going to the hydro store tomorrow any suggestions would be great.

Another photo update, changed to a bigger pot and changed the soil..picked up a bag of Canna Terra for $10.
Also got some Ionic grow nute, $10 too. I've been advised to just use ph water for first 1-2 weeks while she gets used to the new soil.
20160511_153731.jpg

I also figured out how to post photos the right way around :cheer:

Hey, great looking grow. I was a cfl grower for years. Only recommendation i can make for you considering your budget, I'd make some cheap reflectors...theresa soda can design thats simple and efficient u can google it. And if u can, get them horizontal over the plants. Any way you can switch to 6400k? You will get tighter growth if u can. Even just swapping one would help. In my experiance i saw the best resaults with a 3 to one ratio of 6400k and 2700k. Cfls will give u beautiful veg growth every time if u dial in reflectivity and positioning, then can keep up with adjustments. Really need to dial up the watts and qty of cfls in flowering, and scrog is your best friend. Cfl light diminishes Quickly and doesnt penitrate more than a node or two in your. Canopy. Have fun growing man, looks good so far.

Hey guys back again with a photo update,
1661632064081.png

my plan is to use this as a mother plant, and give my friend clones for his room :high-five:
i dont think i will be able to get much yield like this.

Best karma sent to the little one,, just one note,, with cfl's,, keep em close,, two inches away is too far,, my motto,,

P1160568.JPG

Cheers

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hey guys, sorry for the late update, i have been busy with other things.
I've decided to use the plant as a mother to make cuttings for my friend who is starting a new hydro project.
I tried doing cuttings first try with no success, i just used scissors to cut and dipped a bit of clonex and then into the root riot cubes, after 2 weeks was no showing of roots so i started again, this time i used a scalpel and cut at 45 degree angle and scraped the base of the cutting to expose the fleshy bit, dipped in clonex until it was soaked in it and then into the cubes, and all of them rooted 100% so we are good to go.
The new mother is looking good, was yellowing a bit because of the crappy cfls, moved her back into greenhouse with the good weather, and she's looking better already :)
So....check out the pics i guess...and stay tuned :D

20160626_213912.jpg

20160626_213951.jpg

20160626_221548.jpg

Hey Canna,
It seems i'm having trouble uploading photos, it says they are uploaded but then they don't appear in the 'my photos' tab.
Anyway, I soaked some rockwool cubes overnight and have transferred the root riots into them.
I've also put a couple into some soil, only 12 are needed for the hydro setup.
I've removed the humidity dome and put them in a tent with some CFLs for now, i'll wait for them to take to the rockwool and then i'll take it from there.

Back
Top Bottom