Very Low Budget CFL Growing

We're in the Dirt now!

I checked on my cup o' seeds yesterday and was delighted to see that one had already cracked! I quickly set up some small planters, and get that bad girl in the dirt and under some CFL's. I would usually have gone picture crazy, but shit, it's just a solo cup full of dirt anyways! Hahaha!

I'm going to check on the rest today, and see if any more have at least split open.

If you want the honest truth, these seeds are over 13 years old, they have been stored in a black 35mm film container, and have been in hot/cold/humid weather for about 10 years. So I'm really not surprised that they didn't crack right away.

Thanks for all the new Subscribers!:welcome::thanks: I hope to put on some kinda show here sometime soon. Seeds and dirt isn't really that exciting for what, almost 3 weeks now...

Anyways, This is Mr Nice Guy saying, I hope you have a Nice day.

Well, I didn't see much change in the other seeds, but I put a few more in the ground anyway.

CUP1.jpg

I'm using those little peat cups, and then putting them inside solo cups until they get a little bigger. I've got holes punched in the botom for drainage, but I'm not sure how effective it is.

CUPS1.jpg

I went ahead and just put 3 more into cups... I'm sure I'm overthinking this like I always do, that and I'm having a hard time with patients lately :lot-o-toke:

BOX67.jpg

This is what my box is looking like right now... I only have 1 splitter right now, but I do have 2 other fixtures that I can use. I only have 4 CFL's right now (I can't find the rest, and I wonder why:bongrip::bongrip::bongrip:) 2 20w and 2 13w

I've got some tap water sitting in a sterile milk gallon jug with the lid off to sit overnight. I know that distilled is the best option right? Would it be better to boil tap water, or just let it sit naturally? And I also have a sterile spray bottle for misting and such. I filled it with water that had been boiled, and was still warm for the misting of these cups.

Any other thoughts for questions?

:peace::thanks::peace:

ok !!! now I have 4 grow lights over the tops. I got 8 mini flows. that should be good lighting. We shall see!!!!!!!!!

MR. Nice ? What is that wrapping you have on your new box, I might need that.

thanks rope

Please, Mr. Nice is my father... You can just call me NiceGuy haha

And it's actually not wrapped with anything, it's one of those Heavy-Duty "Rubbermaid" container. And it lights up the corner of my room like a jumbo nightlight when I go to bed... So it's not that thick, and doesn't have any special reflective properties.

hope that answered your question!

hey you got me watching this journal, im also trying the cfl method and all seems well with mine, theirs a lot of people hating cfl's but all my plants look healthy and are not stretching, ive seen some really stretchy plants using proper lights so little stretch and plenty of growth using cfl's can only be a good thing.

keep growing and good luck

just been looking at the contest this month, i was to late to nominate someone, well i say to late i didnt know you could nominate someone so next time i will, anyway here is the link for the contest page, go n have a look and vote on member of the month and plant and bud of the month,

some people have really earned it
keep up the good work people
here is the link
420 Contests - 420 Magazine

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom