In Progress - Legal Closet Grow - Low Budget Fire

20160425_073828.jpg
Day 25 I did some defol on all 4 of them i took off quite a bit for such little plants. The white queen especially had 4 or such big fan leafs that were such bad shape from FIM that I don't think that they could be effective sinks. Improving airflow and light penetration at the same time:volcano-smiley:

Finally got up off my butt and did my girls and favor and went and got them some 3 gallon pots and some fox farms ocean forest. I've used it before, it has all the organic soil amendments that organics growers love, worm castings bat guano, kelp and oyster shells ect. Also bought a 1 lb bag of worm castings to tuck in to the older soil and the rest after 3 weeks.. I bought some Epsom salts which is a magnesium sulfate, and sulfur. Helps with plants absorb phosphorus and make chlorophyll. Will upload some pictures after transplants!

420-magazine-mobile1521113614.jpg
here they are in their new home. 3 gallon pots in FFOF. I tucked a small deposit of epsom salt for the roots to find in the next couple weeks. Doing a foliar spray after soon, the amounts are crazy for 100s of sqft so I just took 1/4 table spoon and mixed up in 2 pints water. My plants started light schedule 24/0 and switched to 20/4 and have been getting longer as the weeks go by. I am now at 18/6 and will probably go as far as 16/8 befor I flip them to flower. My 5x5 tent is supposed to come tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G900V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have a question if anybody can awsner that would be great. I have a 1000 watt hps but my cord is missing and it's also and open wing reflector. I want to keep my Temps below 80 degrees and think it would be much easier with a 600 watt. My question is if I have 2 600s that would be hotter than 1 1000 right? And I'm also curious what the power difference would be like. I don't need specifics cuz I want understand them but I just trying to figure out if I should just get another 1000 watt cool tube or hood vented ?

I like it, i had to setup myself, but i was up to the challenge :) I read reviews on it and knew some tips but i ignore all of them and still setup in a cramped space with 1 inch clearance. Also setup the frame first and then had to take apart and find the bottom of the tent to put the frame into, then it was a matter of finding and moving the corners up and over the framework. Not fun, and super hot by myself. I read alot of reviews and people complained about poor workmanship and missing parts but mine was near flawless and unless your an idiot that wrecks stuff its pretty durable. Its next to my window in my bedroom where I will setup the intake and exhaust. Unfortunately this is is my only option for venting. So i will have a foam insert into the window frame and duct tape it and staple it firm, then cut 2 holes 1 on top for exhaust and 1 down low for intake. Then cover the outside of my window with some bamboo window shaders to hide to holes :) My intake fan is a 250 cfm, and i have yet to get a filter or exhaust fan. Im thinking 450 cfm exhaust would do for a 5x5x6'8 but ive never owned a carbon filter and have no idea so I will probably buy some premade combo from a decent company. I'm guessing bigger is better? like 8 inch is better than 6 inch? I hung my 1000 watt MH and turned it on and closed the doors, stuck my intake fan just blowing room air into the tent to see if that would suffice but the tent climbed 2 degrees steadily until i turned it off at a stagnant 91 degrees. I would love to get these girls under the metal halide so i could use my t5 for cloning. I will get there eventually, right now girls are happy in their new 3 gallon pots. Will take some photos tomorrow night to show a 48 hours difference. I know it has already they were ready for transplant 2 weeks ago easy. :(

Right now in our flower tent we are running a 6" 475 cfm fan and filter combo. When we open the tent, it really smells strongly of marijuana. The fan for that 4' x 4' tent exhausts plain air.
We also have another 6" 475 cfm set in our 24' x 12' veg room. It also exhausts plain air.

I was wondering which style pots you use. We use the fabric pots. We start off in a solo cup, then 3 gal pot, then 7 gal pots. To make it easier for transplant from 3 to 7, we cut the 3 gal pots and installed some velcro to make transplanting easy. Just put little pot in big pot that has soil in the bottom, pull apart the velcro, then take out old pot, add more soil and so on. I'll post a pic of the 3 gal pot with the velcro.

8dfa465c749dfa28980ee9c73ba75ce7.jpg

Well, there you have it. You may not have asked for it, but you got it. Lol. Have a good day! :bong:

Thanks Canna! That's about what ratings I was looking at. Your pots are well done. I have has success with some 3 gallon pots that I'm not using atm because I threw some flowers in them outside. They were from my first grow and flowered in 5 gallon buckets afterwards. I've never tried the soft pots or air pots, but I've never had problem transplanting from these plastic pots. All you need to do is push in all 4 sides get tip it upside down while holding the soil with your hand around the and kinda let gravity do the work...I have never used anything bigger than 5 gallon buckets either so that might get harder the bigger you go :) also I think I'm going to flower in these 3 gallon pots from now on since my tent is limited in height....I'm gunna start using solo cups for clones after they root

Thanks Canna! That's about what ratings I was looking at. Your pots are well done. I have has success with some 1 quart pots for clones, 3 gallon pots for veg that I'm not using atm because I threw some flowers in them outside. Hope they will be ready for mothers day :) They were from my first grow and then flowered in 5 gallon buckets afterwards. I've never tried the soft pots or air pots, but I've never had problem transplanting from these plastic pots. All you need to do is push in all 4 sides get tip it upside down while holding the soil with your hand around the stalk and kinda let gravity do the work...I have never used anything bigger than 5 gallon buckets either so that might get harder the bigger you go :) also I think I'm going to flower in these 3 gallon pots from now on since my tent is limited in height....I'm gunna start using solo cups for clones after they root

20160501_093257.jpg
Day 31 ak47 and borderliner are topped twice so far and the northern lights and white queen are about a week behind. Depending on how tall they get i want to flower them with 8-16 tops and cut off mostly everything else for defol and clones. Ordered a fan/filter combo set from yield lab, about 450 cfm 150$ shipped.

Back
Top Bottom