First Time Grow

Re: First Timer - Feedback Welcome

i was just doin some research about pot sizes and being root bound and one signs wilting and i allready have that on my one big plant "12 inches" so it probably wants a bigger pot and it wouldent hurt the rest .

plants are all beetween 8 and 10 inches minus the topped ones there about 5 with 4-8 bud sites though . planning on veging for another 2-3 weeks so a new pot would be a good idea . and theese pots i have are pre made passive wick systems they work pretty good i notce a difference over my homemade pots forsure.

went to turn my lights on this morning and one of them wouldent power up . ballist was hissin away but no light . started looking at the bulb and noticed this . . .

IMG-20120121-00195.jpg

then this

IMG-20120121-00193.jpg

dammit . bulb burnt out . no WAY it had even 5000 hours on it so im pretty mad but w.e i needed to get a different bulb anyway. hopefully i can find one local today.

i hope running my plants off 1 light for a while doesent hinder them to bad .

repotted everything . all of my pots were root bound . hoping to get 1 and 1/2 feet out of the new plack bots . and even more from the pales . i put a couple dime sized holes in the bottom of the pales for air

IMG-20120122-00205.jpg

IMG-20120122-00204.jpg

also picked up a new light off a friend of a friend "lol"

IMG-20120123-00208.jpg

he will be giving me aproxx 300 more watts of CFL at 6500K in exchange for some clones after my first harvest . new bulb will be here next week for my MH too . looking for a 8-1000W hps for flowering in a different room too .

plants are looking good . all about 1- 12 inches high except the 2 tiny ones .

8 + 1000w for the flowering room :love:

Based on 12/12 flowering period thats 96 KW a day - 672 KW a week - lets say an average flowering period of 8 weeks 5376 KW of electricity.

Thats some serious hobby grow :thumb:

lol , yea i wanna have the something equal or better for the flowering stage . i might just buy 2 conversion bulbs instead but a new light would allow me to have a 3 stage cycle and i found a 1000W one with a digital ballist local for 60 bucks so i cant go wrong lol . might pick it up will see.

picked up a new bulb today . a sylvania metalarc pro-tech HD MP cant find anything about it on the net but it was only 42 bucks and its working so im happy . im sure the plants will be happy to be back up to 800+ watts now . here is a pic

bbb9.jpg

Man, youve been doing great on thus grow. Youve had some scares with bulbs burning out but man your plants dont look bad. Your topping looked good, your fimming i can tell got done a litte off. New fan leaves are popping up damaged, so you missed the plants "brain" and scraped some new leaves. Either way thats why fim stands for "fuck i missed" ill be fimming here soo so ill see first hand how hard it is.
The plant you topped will shoot off 2 main stems and after that fimming the 2 shoots will give u an amazing lookin plant in bloom

Man, youve been doing great on thus grow. Youve had some scares with bulbs burning out but man your plants dont look bad. Your topping looked good, your fimming i can tell got done a litte off. New fan leaves are popping up damaged, so you missed the plants "brain" and scraped some new leaves. Either way thats why fim stands for "fuck i missed" ill be fimming here soo so ill see first hand how hard it is.
The plant you topped will shoot off 2 main stems and after that fimming the 2 shoots will give u an amazing lookin plant in bloom

thanx man ! really apreciate the kindness ! the topping all turned out better then i expected . the 2 topped plants are sprouting multiple heads now and the the 2 FIM'd plants . . . well like u said u can tell the one by the chopped leafs but i odnt even member which one was the other one i topped . really cant wait to see what kinda bud i pull outta theese 10+ year old bag seeds !

plants are 6 weeks old today ! most of them are 10 inches or taller . heres a few pics!

IMG-20120130-00239.jpg

IMG-20120130-00240.jpg

THE BEANS
i dont know hwo they got in my soil but i thought ide snap a quick pick of a old pot where they sprouted and i was to lazy to pull them as i am not going to use the soil again anyway

IMG-20120130-00238_1_.jpg

every day i have 2 or 3 of theese little bastards pop up in my pots . must have been the potting soil i picked up to repot with .

ya dude did you use soil from your garden or something? haha im sure its not bad for the plant but your soil shouldn't have any contaminants .

your plants look really good dude and i like the long florescent light in the middle for some added lighting. keep up the good work brotha!

nope i picked up pre made potting mix from a local shop and mixed it with extra per lite and vermiculite or however u spell it lol . where the beans came from i have no idea .

theese plants are taking over 3 L of water a day . . . good thing i switched off bottled water a while ago as that woulda costed a fortune lol .

heres a few pics of the leaf's . some big differences i cant wait to see all the different kinds of bud they produce . its a mystery ! lol. i plan on naming them soon . ill make my own up cause there all bag seed . ill be cloning everything so if its crap it wont move onto my hydro stage and if its good it will .

comments are welcome ! ide love to hear what everyone thinks they look like ! sativa/indica/hybrids that kinda stuff as i am not very good at that haha .

IMG-20120202-00257.jpg

IMG-20120202-00256.jpg

IMG-20120202-00255.jpg

IMG-20120202-00254.jpg

IMG-20120202-00253.jpg

IMG-20120202-00252.jpg

IMG-20120202-00251.jpg

im going to upload some updated pics shortly . gotta make a trip to pickup a HPS light to start flowering but the plants are looking good . except one . i took a vacation and someone else was watching them . i cam back and 3 plants were sick and 1 still is . hoping it pulls through . new growth looks allright but alot of the food leaves are badly damaged . i think it was over watering and either to hot or to cold . not 100% sure maybe once i post pics someone can help out .

Back
Top Bottom