First Time Grow

Re: First Timer - Feedback Welcome

i thinkkk females on the left . on the right are 100% females .

77p7z.jpg

theese 3 on the right i cant tell if there males or females yet but they have growths so im watching them closely . also whats left of the seedlings i had .

zok2p.jpg

and here are my beautiful girls :) the smallest of the 3 was infact a seedling that showed female preflower so i re potted it asap as it only had about 3 inches of dirt .

n4m7r.jpg

hslct.jpg

cztgz.jpg

im thinking by the way the one on the left look to be growing ill probably end up with about 5 females . maybe as many as 8 .

i plan on building a HPA system now that i know i have some female plants. im planning on using 5-10G buckets with a 2 sprayer system in each bucket and hopefully some kinda return line system to bring it all back to the reservoir. ill run the sprayer using a ART-DNE timer so i can hopefully get a good spray/dry sequence going . i also plan on getting a full assortment of nutes to get the biggest buds possible . also somewhere in the mix i will be ordering some high quality fem seeds and depending how my current plants turn out maybe making a mix or two of my own . i havent decided if im going to buy a kit for the HPA or just piece one together , any suggestions are welcome as per usual .

Please stop posting off-site image links. As clearly stated in the site's guidelines, this is a violation.

If you need help with the proper image-posting method (uploading images to your user gallery and inserting them into your posts), either ask for help or read one of the tutorial-type threads. Thank you.

i wont do it again sorry . ill go look up the proper way right now .

i wont do it again sorry . ill go look up the proper way right now .

Ill just go ahead and say your not bothering anyone but tortured soul on that.. its an easy mistake anyone could makr lol. If i knew there was a rule against it i would have asked you nicely instead of doing it kind of rude. Your pics look great so far good job on getting some females. Dont worry bro. If u make a tiny mistake again noone else will be posting on your thread in bold letters pointing out your mistakes. I dont care if u were a member of the month, posting bold caps on other journals is fuckin rude. Good luck growin bud ill be here checkin in on your progress

Maybe we write it in stone here..anyone breaks rules ill private message them not put them on blast in their journals people are going to be reading months down the road. Other than that your in full compliance. Just download the pics to your gallery then transfer them here..u need anyhelp private message me, ill help ya out

First Timer,

Let me mention 3 things:

1) You said you're going to be using Mylar. Flat white paint is the best reflective surface, better than Mylar. It looks like that's what you already have, so no need to change anything.

2) I can't believe these plants are indicating their sex so early! It usually takes around the fourth week of veg for signs to show. Even then, it's really hard to tell. I've waited until flowering has started and then in about a week it becomes abundantly clear.

For preflowers, try this

For when they flower, try this

3) Finally, I think FuzzyDuck is sending conflicting messages.

Just a note on MH, CFls 6400 kelvin (blue) can prove just as effective for vegging MJ & a hell of alot cheaper to run !!!.

and

Also, remember that fluorescent's are weaker and emit less light than an HID. This means you will need 5 times the amount of wattage to equal the output of an HID. So, 30 watts of HID would equal 150 watts of fluorescent's.

Let me put it simply. HID bulbs are twice as efficient as CFLs, period! The only problem with them is that they generate a lot of heat, so you need good ventilation and need to keep your plants about 18" away, whereas you can put a CFL 2" away.

If this is your first grow, you are doing great, man! Congratulations!

plants are only about 10 inches away from the lights when there running . if that , maybe 6-8 . all of them are about 4 weeks old now . i have 4 females showing :) so im putting them back into 18/6 and im gonna let them veg for a while . considering upgrading the pots too even though it will be the 3rd transplant for some . i have 2 more i think are female , probably just show l8er because of there strain but im not going to force flower them as i am confident because of there bushyness they will be female .

i found a few sheets of aluminum in my garage i used to make a reflector and i put a few other pieces up around the room to help contain the light . when i create my hydro setup i may mylar the room or buy double sided black/white plastic instead .

ill have 4-8 females after going through 44 bag seeds . hopefully all different strains . from them i will take cuttings and go to hydro . once i get the system dialed in im going to order real seeds.

thanks for all the support ! any pics i upload now ill put into my gallery . it seems quicker then using a thirrd party hosting site anyway lol . ill snap some pics tomorow of the pistils if i can as there quite a bit larger now then when i first tryed to capture pics .

theese first 2 are the maybes , short and bushy. even more so then my current females . no sex showing what so ever .

IMG-20120116-00159.jpg

IMG-20120116-00158.jpg

and here are some lady closeups . the one with the most hairs happens to be the seedling that sexed while in like 2 inches of dirt . i love how awake the plants look when i wake them up haha .

IMG-20120116-00156.jpg

IMG-20120116-00154.jpg

IMG-20120116-00153.jpg

IMG-20120116-00152.jpg

IMG-20120116-00151.jpg

ive been holding on to two plants that i thought were males " just because they produced a small sack at a node intersection on 1 branch " just set them aside and watched for more pollen sacks . on one of them i discovered something today. i think it may be herme but both of theese pics are from the same plant. forsure the stinkiest of my bunch too .

IMG-20120116-00164.jpg

IMG-20120116-00162.jpg

i reapeat . both pics are from the same plant. the sacks " if they are male " arent spreading half as fast as i thoguht . on the other plants it would take a day or two after seeing the first sack before multiple sacks appeared . theese plants have been a slower process and just today i noticed the pistil .

can a herme plant pollenate my females ? also if i take cuttings from this plant and clone them will they be female or go herm every time ?

this is day 25 since the seeds were planted just for refrence . 3 weeks 4 days . plants are all about 4-8 inches tall . the two i thought were males are almost 10 inches tall .

i just designed and priced out both a homemade aeroponic cloner for about 8 clones and a homemade high pressure aeroponic system for 4 pots/ 2 sprayers each + nutes at a total of around 1500$ . . .

i can order a premade hydroponic 8 pot drip style hydro garden, by ProGro "6 bucket system" and a ez clone 30 + nutes for around 1050$ which is right around my price range .

any reason i shouldent order a pre made hydro system ? would going with homemade high pressure aeroponics system really be that much better ?

quality and yeild are more important then grow times . i can learn how to do anything so difficulty really isant a issue as i will just learn .

any suggestions on nutes for hydro systems ? i was planning on going with advanced part A/B for veg and sugar daddy/liquid karma/calmag for flowering then just water to clense . seems to be what alot of people are running and it looks like it works good .

any tips or pointers are greatly apreciated !

Yes a hermie will pollinate. How long did you switch from 18/6-12/12 and back to 18/6? This is not a good idea dude! When seed breeders need to make Hermies to produce feminized seeds, this is how they do it! I would recommend keeping an eye out for a hermie.. Messing with light schedules stresses a plant more than anything. One open sack, say bye bye to crop.

Oh and u asked about clones.. Hermies are not brought on by genetics. It is entirely stress related. It's the plants way of surviving in tough environments.. So your clones will be female if the plant is female.. If you have Hermies, your doing something wrong

i went from 24/0 to 12/12 . not 18/6 . i was on 12/12 for 5 or 6 days and just started the 18/6 today .

most of my crop started showing male preflowers about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks in under 24/7 light . when i switched i was left with what i have now which is 4 for sure females , 1 small female or hermie not 100% sure, 2 showing no preflowers but there really bushy and short even more so then my showing females so im assuming there going to be females . and 2 i really thoguht were males but ive been watching them and it looks like one is making pistals / nuts and one is just making nuts . they are both about 2 inches taller then the tallest female , all grown and watered the same way so i figured they were just fast growing late showing males but seeing this female flower now has really thrown me off my game haha .

can a male plant hermie out and show female preflowers ? or if there showing female preflowers does that mean cloning them will give me a female plant ?

just thought ide give a few pics .

first up my homemade reflector . kinda lucked out and fould some thin aluminum in the garage that worked better then i coulda hoped . also boxed the entire operation in with them to try and contain the light as much as possible .

IMG-20120117-00168.jpg

IMG-20120117-00167.jpg

IMG-20120117-00166.jpg

temp and humidity.

IMG-20120117-001665.jpg

its getting pretty cold outside now so its getting harder to control the temps but i try and keep them as close to this as possible .

Looks really good so far FOF! nice work on the reflector too!! crafty! Good that a majority of your plants are ladies...

I would suggest to start doing some LST. do a quick search for it and there is tons of good info on how to, but what it does is increases the amount of "tops" that you will have per plant, the more tops, the more bushy and overall the more cola's it will produce :)

Looks really good so far FOF! nice work on the reflector too!! crafty! Good that a majority of your plants are ladies...

I would suggest to start doing some LST. do a quick search for it and there is tons of good info on how to, but what it does is increases the amount of "tops" that you will have per plant, the more tops, the more bushy and overall the more cola's it will produce :)

thanks alot ice mud ! i was just in the process of doing a few training methods last night . it hurt me a little bit to top my plants i hope this feeling is easily hidded around harvent time haha .

b4 the topping
IMG-20120118-00176.jpg

after

IMG-20120118-00173.jpg

IMG-20120118-00174.jpg

look good ? i also tryed the FIM method on 2 plants . only one pic for now though.

IMG-20120118-00175.jpg

i also have one low stress plant . it will be a banzi now .

IMG-20120118-00172.jpg

IMG-20120118-00171.jpg

also should i cut theese water leaves off ?

IMG-20120118-00177.jpg

still feeding them 20-20-20 , will it make a big difference if i get some 10-30-10 for veging now or will me triple 20 be ok ?

heres a couple shots of the garden . i have some nice bud sites forming :) esp on the one topped plant and the LST one .

aa18.jpg

IMG-20120120-00188.jpg

IMG-20120120-00192.jpg

IMG-20120120-00191.jpg

IMG-20120120-00189.jpg

IMG-20120120-00187.jpg

how big can i veg my plants in theese 6 inch pots ? and theese pots are "self watering" the have individual res's with a wick leading through the pots into dirt . isant that a forum of hydro ? lol . jk . anyways plants are truckin along nicely . im planning on ordering a rainforest 66 next month along with some advanced nutes and some good flowering nutes . pretty excited .

What is the volume size? They say 1 gallon per month of growth. Just get 5 gallon pots dude. Can't go wrong

ive allready transplanted twice , dont really wanna do it again if i can veg theese guys to around 2 feet ill be happy . i think mine are 2 gallon but i oculd be wrong .

Back
Top Bottom