First Time Using Autoflower Seeds Please Help

Rotodad

420 Member
This is my second grow. I used AK47 feminized seeds for the first grow. I am currently using Bruce Banner Feminized autoflower seeds. Four plants, all started at the same time. Same feed, same pots, ect.. But here I am at week 10, and one is being flushed, one is about the same height as the one being flushed (30-32") and the other two are 1/2 the size. My first grow did not have such a wide variance. IS this common in autoflower plants?

Doesn't seem like a big issue, but first grow allowed all to be harvested at the same time. This just adds another layer of complexity as one will be harvested, on is close to being flushed, and two are still being fed nutrients. Previous grow all were harvested at the same time.

Attached are photos at week 9 for review. Comments / suggestions are always welcome. Been a user for 45 years, but this is only my second grow.

20220303_171647.jpg

20220303_171842.jpg

20220303_172045.jpg

20220303_172137.jpg

At this point, there's not a lot you can do, autoflowers do what they do, some start flowering at 3-4 weeks, some up to 8 weeks, though 8 weeks is rare, I've had variations in size. The first two pictures show plants that are a couple weeks further into flower than the two smaller ones, so you will get a little more height out of them. They all look like they've got quite a bit of nitrogen, so no issues there. Why are you flushing?

At this point, there's not a lot you can do, autoflowers do what they do, some start flowering at 3-4 weeks, some up to 8 weeks, though 8 weeks is rare, I've had variations in size. The first two pictures show plants that are a couple weeks further into flower than the two smaller ones, so you will get a little more height out of them. They all look like they've got quite a bit of nitrogen, so no issues there. Why are you flushing?
The plant in the orange pot has pistels mostly brown. The trichomes are milky, many are amber. So i figured i would flush over the next two weeks. By then it should be ready to harvest. Thanks for your input. Much appreciated.

Flushing is up to you, but unless it's to correct a nute lock-out (re-setting the soil), it doesn't really accomplish anything except depriving your plants of food. I don't see a plant in an orange pot, do you mean the one with the orange star?? Of the four pics I see, none of them are anywhere near harvest, all I see is white pistils. BTW, they look very good! I'd say at least 4 weeks, probably longer, until harvest.

I believe that you may be confusing days of flower with total days of growth, the vegetative days are not counted in days of flower. We only count forward from when the cannabis plants begin flowering. I would verify how many days of flower are the average from the source of the seeds and or seed breeder.

The plants appear to be between 3-5 weeks of flower and have 40 - 50+ days remaining to produce quality cannabis medicine.

You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

the variance in height is not exclusive to autoflowers, 4 AK47 beans will not grow out 4 identical plants. Now obviously the 4 AK beans are genetically related but different phenotypes will result

ditto on Phyto…. Flushing can fix some soil problems and it allows you to rinse a portion of the nutrients from your grow media…. but flushing does not remove nutrients from your buds or improve the taste. Feed to the end and if you are concerned about taste then bud washing and a proper dry / cure are the answer.

your garden looks great -welcome to 420

Good job so far...just take the advice given And all will be good.... As for the different sizes I grew three purple kush autos and they were all different size shape etc... Don't sweat it just figure more time for the smaller ladies....plus this way if you wanted to go perpetual it's a bit easier as they will finish at different times meaning you could start a seed or two when the first two are close to finishing, so when you do chop you have new babies going already.

Give THIS a read if you’re interested in the science of why flushing does nothing but starve your plants.

Also the 3 bottom links in my signature are very helpful when it comes to harvesting, washing, curing, and storing you harvest.

I believe that you may be confusing days of flower with total days of growth, the vegetative days are not counted in days of flower. We only count forward from when the cannabis plants begin flowering. I would verify how many days of flower are the average from the source of the seeds and or seed breeder.

The plants appear to be between 3-5 weeks of flower and have 40 - 50+ days remaining to produce quality cannabis medicine.

You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

I was mentioning total grow. Two larger plants started flowering on 2/9 (30 days), while the rwo smaller plants were 2/17 (22 days). I do have the right tool to check trichomes. Orange container has 20% amber, probably close to 50% milky. The primary reason I started this grow (autoflower feminized) was to get a grow in before a planned vacation. So much of what i read was this could be done from seed to harvest in 10 weeks. I am in week 10, only one container (orange) that seems ready. First time using fish shit, and mammoth p in addition to other nutrients. Would be crushed if I am not around when the grow needs me at the finish line. I have three more weeks.

I was mentioning total grow. Two larger plants started flowering on 2/9 (30 days), while the rwo smaller plants were 2/17 (22 days). I do have the right tool to check trichomes. Orange container has 20% amber, probably close to 50% milky. The primary reason I started this grow (autoflower feminized) was to get a grow in before a planned vacation. So much of what i read was this could be done from seed to harvest in 10 weeks. I am in week 10, only one container (orange) that seems ready. First time using fish shit, and mammoth p in addition to other nutrients. Would be crushed if I am not around when the grow needs me at the finish line. I have three more weeks.
I hate to hurt your feelings but 3 weeks is pushing it.

You can force it to finish off by extending
the dark times and lowering your temps, but man….

I had a sativa that took 21 weeks and about lost my shit because I needed the tent for the next round of girls.

Try dropping the temp 10F and extending the dark by and hour. See what happens in a week.

Maybe flush 2x the container with fresh water and follow up with a gallon of full strength nutes too. Give it a soil reset to help push her through.

I hate to hurt your feelings but 3 weeks is pushing it.

You can force it to finish off by extending
the dark times and lowering your temps, but man….

I had a sativa that took 21 weeks and about lost my shit because I needed the tent for the next round of girls.

Try dropping the temp 10F and extending the dark by and hour. See what happens in a week.

Maybe flush 2x the container with fresh water and follow up with a gallon of full strength nutes too. Give it a soil reset to help push her through.
I leave in four weeks. If it could wait 6 weeks i would be bgolden. With my good fortunes they will be ready to harvest on the day I leave, without anyone to dry and cure. It seemed like a 10 week grow was unrealistic. I went with 40% amber trichomes on my first grow. Realized after I should have waited another week. It surely is a challenge, but the daily entertainment value and the final otcome are worht it.

The plant in the orange pot has pistels mostly brown. The trichomes are milky, many are amber.
If your plant with the orange sticker has milky trichromes with many amber chop that plant down and get it harvested. I think your plants look great. Autos can be a little persnikety for me the less I do to them the happier they are. As for uniformity in your plants with autos the better the genetics you buy the more likely you will be to see that happen. That said I grow top shelf genetics and still see a little diversity in plant height.

Back
Top Bottom