First Timer, Any Suggestions?

Oh if only there was a GOD that answered prayers.....
I will keep praying that I can do an outdoor grow a couple seasons in my lifetime.

Looking great!!!

Musik \\\vVv///

Thanks for stopping in and I am sure your prayers will come true, Good luck.

Ha Damn! that is some good looking material, I gots me one of them there males growing outdoors too, hopeing I can get some seeds off these here girls so I can grow some outdoor next year too. Good luck with everything and keep up the great work...

Lets hope so and thanks for stopping in and your comment and good luck with your seeds.

Wow!

I haven't visited your journal in a while and your plants are huge!

Looks like your harvest is gonna have some weight! :slide:

:goodjob:

+rep if I can

Thanks so much it almost over and if I can control those darn worms and stop them from eating all the buds it should be ok. Thanks for stopping in and all you comment.

Sonzor, sorry I haven't been by before this. Those buds look really tasty, nice job man.

Thanks you, cant wait to see how they taste. Thanks for stopping in. Better late than never..

yay!xD this looks tasty sugar'ed buds!:D
Lets hope they taste as good as they look.

hi mate just a quickie how are the 2 plants that you where gonna nurse back to good health doing ? ................be lucky weedtastic

One is sprouting flowers like nobodies business. I gave her some pollen from the Bubble Gum, lets hope I get some nice Super Lemon Bubble Haze seeds from her. The other is hanging in there. Not sure if she will make it..
Thanks for stopping in and you comments.

They look BEAUTIFUL bro! I've tried to rep you, Pit, and Soniq all week but this darn thing won't let me!

I wish you nothing but the best!

Thanks, much appreciated..

Sonzor..^5's on the buds and pollenizing bro, keep up the great work!

Thanks GMT your comments and stopping in are much appreciated..

hi mate sweet looking buds there really nice........the guy who mentioned ph levels earlier borntorun...........ive been reading about changing ph levels in soils towards the end of a grow ive read from 6.0ph up thru to 7.0 ph in theory as you hit the different ph levels the plant unlocks the tiny micro nutes which has been locked out thru having a steady ph level thru out the grow........your supposed to up or down ph 0.2. each watering its a method im trying next grow and thought it mite help the lady who is dying off at the bottom i guess if you slowed that down you shud get better bud ? .......just a thought anyways mate......and wot a hell ova size she is mate well done real good work..............be lucky weedtastic

hi mate sweet looking buds there really nice........the guy who mentioned ph levels earlier borntorun...........ive been reading about changing ph levels in soils towards the end of a grow ive read from 6.0ph up thru to 7.0 ph in theory as you hit the different ph levels the plant unlocks the tiny micro nutes which has been locked out thru having a steady ph level thru out the grow........your supposed to up or down ph 0.2. each watering its a method im trying next grow and thought it mite help the lady who is dying off at the bottom i guess if you slowed that down you shud get better bud ? .......just a thought anyways mate......and wot a hell ova size she is mate well done real good work..............be lucky weedtastic

Thanks weedtastic for the information. From what I have read about organic gardening is that the PH does not need to be checked all that often. It says if you are putting the correct stuff into the soil the soil will take care of itself so I have not been paying that much attention to the PH except when I feed them the water PH is around 6.5 to 7.0. Maybe what I have read was wrong and I have been going about this the wrong way ignoring the PH of the soil. All the other plants seemed to grow just fine, but maybe they would have grow a lot better if I paid more attention to the PH of the soil. I don't know, maybe I will try it with a couple plants next time and compare. Thanks again.

I think I am going to start finishing up this journal. I think I will do a little recap on each plant and then end this. Its a little time consuming so it will probably take a couple weeks and I think the SLH should be pretty close to finishing by that point.

First I will do the last plant harvested to the first plant harvested.

Papaya 2 (my first success with a clone from my papaya mother) This one seemed to start flowering a couple of weeks after I moved her into the ground and was a trooper through all the heat and worm issues.

FOOD: Organic home made teas with bat guano for veg. For flowering I fed her organic teas with bat guano and added some high P,K fish emulsion to help with flowering as well as the last two weeks fed only water for flush and the last weak water with a table spoon of molasses. Seemed to thicken up the buds a little. Not earth shattering growth but I think the molasses and the high P,K emulsion helped out a little more than just the Teas alone.

papaya2_12wks_11.jpg

papaya2_14wks_11.jpg

papaya2_3wks_11.jpg

papaya2_16wks_11.jpg

papaya2_7wks_11.jpg

papaya2_8_18_11.jpg

Time for harvest.
papaya2_9_06_12.jpg

A few bud pics from the Papaya2
papaya2_2_9_15.jpg

papaya2_4_9_15.jpg

papaya2_3_9_15.jpg

papaya2_5_9_15.jpg

papaya2_6_9_15.jpg

papaya2_7_9_15.jpg

papaya2_1_9_15.jpg

Final Dry Weight: 5.1 Ounces
They will be cured in the jars for at least 2 months.
papaya2_8_9_15.jpg

This was my first clone and I had very little problems with her and have learned a lot up to this point. The only issues I have had with this plant was heat and the dreaded bud worms. The worms did very little damage to this plant and I like to not use any sprays or chemicals to the plant unless totally necessary. With this one I did use an organic solution that says you can use it up to the day of harvest. So I hope it did not affect the taste or potency too much. I will know in a couple of months. Thanks for taking a look and I will post the plant harvested before the papaya2 when I get the pictures all ready. It will be the strawberry cough..

All the other plants seemed to grow just fine, but maybe they would have grow a lot better if I paid more attention to the PH of the soil. I don't know, maybe I will try it with a couple plants next time and compare. Thanks again.
If it ain't broke don't try to fix it. Since I learned about PHing in soil I've had more problems. Dunno maybe I just have good municipal water. If what u've been doin is working, stick with it.

Outstanding Journal my man! The Papaya looks great, so just how close to a Papaya does it smell? I have my second one just starting to show pistils and it has no smell at all. My first one smelled very little so I can't say. Thank you for the support on my grow by the way and looking forward to the rest of this one.

wow, what a plants, and what a nugz!!!:D

Thanks your stopping in and comment are greatly appreciated.

Outstanding Journal my man! The Papaya looks great, so just how close to a Papaya does it smell? I have my second one just starting to show pistils and it has no smell at all. My first one smelled very little so I can't say. Thank you for the support on my grow by the way and looking forward to the rest of this one.

Thank you so much. I don't think it smells too much like Papaya, The Papaya that has been curing for over a month now has a super strong sweet smell I cant really compare the smell to anything but a sweet smelling bud. I open those jars and the whole room is taken over by that lovely sweet smell. The latest papaya2 that I put in jars about a week ago has much less of a smell and the smell is more of a sweet earthy smell. I hope over time it evolves into the smell of the papaya I harvested first. There really is no reason why it should not. Although I did feed the second one a little different and I added a table spoon of molasses a week before harvest. That may make some difference. We will see. I think mine did not really have too much smell until it was dried and cured and I am sure yours will be the same Good luck and thanks for stopping in and you comments.

hi everybody, i'm new to the site, and i had a quick question about SMELL. I clipped my plant and it smelled fantastic, then it lost most of the dank smell as it was drying, but still smells great when i squeeze the buds. WHAT IS AN EFFECTIVE WAY TO RETAIN OR UNLOCK THAT SMELL WITHOUT LOSING IT???

hi everybody, i'm new to the site, and i had a quick question about SMELL. I clipped my plant and it smelled fantastic, then it lost most of the dank smell as it was drying, but still smells great when i squeeze the buds. WHAT IS AN EFFECTIVE WAY TO RETAIN OR UNLOCK THAT SMELL WITHOUT LOSING IT???

Welcome, I am pretty new to this but what I have noticed is that you do not really lose smell during the drying process it is just kind or locked away in the bud. After the bud is properly dried put it in mason jars, open every few hours (4 to 6) for the next five to 10 days. You can open them less after the first few but make sure you don't forget to open the jars. The buds will disperse moisture form the inside of the buds and they will develop there wonderful smell and taste. I cure mine for at the very least a month. Good luck... + rep and welcome.

Back
Top Bottom