First timer need advice please!

Are you getting the 5' tall tent to fit the height of the space? Five feet is not much vertical room as you lose most of it to your containers, the space between your light and the canopy, and the light and ventilation space above it (which may or may not have a carbon filter. You can easily end up with less than two feet for your plants. The tents up to five feet tall are best used from seedling through veg, and SCRoGs. I did grow in mine using NugBucket's Mainline/Manifold method, but my plants grew into and over the light.

Our sponsor Gorilla Grow Tents has a 2' X 4' X 7'-8' tent. There are clones of the 7'-8' tall tents sold in Canada under the Greenleaf and Fusion Hut brands that sell for under $180 CAD. They've only been on the market for six months or so. I bought one and the quality is right up there. My five footer will be used for veg, and seed production.

Yeah, 5 foot. at the time I bought it I was originally planning on doing this in my basement and head space was a factor. I’m not going to use my basement now considering how damp it can get down there. So you’d recommend that I use that 5 foot for use up to veg and flower in a different tent?

As @Dwight Monk mentioned above, get your first grow in before making any upgrades. You'll need to control the growth, either by SCRoGing, or flipping to flower at the right time for that tent to work. This is a skill you'll need for any grow, indoors or out. I've harvested up to 8 oz from a tent that size.

Hello all! First timer here so any and all advice is very much welcomed and appreciated!

So two part question:

Question 1:

I have a 2x4x60 grow tent. I still have to buy the light. I definitely want to do LED. Would a 600W light suffice or should I go a different route and if so, what?

Question 2:

I’m really worried about fire hazard. As of now the two wall outlets are standard 3 prong outlets. I don’t know anything about electricity. Between the light, fans, humidifier/AC, I don’t know if it’s enough. Do I need to address that or is that a non issue if I use surge protectors?

Thank you for your time and answers!
Welcome to :420: Ajr. You have joined a very knowledgeable bunch of growers here.. to start, for your size area 2 smaller lights would be better as opposed to 1 larger light to help spread the coverage better.. (2) 600 watt equivalent led panels would be suffice however (3) 450 watt equivalent panels would be best if your looking to get the most out of your room. When it comes to the electrical side of things try to steer away from power strips and extension cords as much as possible. It may be worth having an electrician come to assess the integrity of your electrical system before putting a long term load on it especially if you have no electrical knowledge so to speak. A bedroom typically has all the outlets in that room on 1 circuit, sometimes 2 circuits if it’s a larger room. Smaller or older homes can have 2 or more rooms share a circuit. The age of your electrical system can play a big part as well.. In my area when looking at houses before I bought mine I had seen homes still using old knob and tube wiring, nothing I would ever advise using grow lights with.. If your electrical system is not up to par then you may want to consider having a new run of Romex wiring run to your grow area and wire it up for a 20 amp breaker. Whatever you need, it’s been done before and someone can help guide you there... Welcome along and cheers mate

Hello all! First timer here so any and all advice is very much welcomed and appreciated!

So two part question:

Question 1:

I have a 2x4x60 grow tent. I still have to buy the light. I definitely want to do LED. Would a 600W light suffice or should I go a different route and if so, what?

Question 2:

I’m really worried about fire hazard. As of now the two wall outlets are standard 3 prong outlets. I don’t know anything about electricity. Between the light, fans, humidifier/AC, I don’t know if it’s enough. Do I need to address that or is that a non issue if I use surge protectors?

Thank you for your time and answers!
Hi ajr1030, welcome to :420: for your space, I hope you mean 2x4x6? If so, one of our Mars SP-250 will be enough , it is white light, new SMD chips, high light efficiency which can be around 2.35~2.45umol/j, and full spectrum, no fan design, I am sure you will love it. If you are interested, check out here.

Back
Top Bottom