Five Bits Of Indica: New420guy’s Seeds

Lavender (Unknown)
76380119-5B55-47BB-8ECF-9F549369A21C.jpeg
E4A8EA3F-4C52-448A-9981-94016ED8D61A.jpeg
960173DC-4A0C-4D25-BA0B-7D68A1FB692C.jpeg

Are those aphids and do you have fungus gnats?
I didn’t see any bugs.
I do have some gnats in the basement from the last grow.
Slowly killing those off

These looked like they might be aphids and this looked like it could be gnat damage to the roots.
“These” looks like sap. It’s dry liquid.
Are you talking about the burnt tips?

Yes. Yes I am.
I hope not. That happened right after transplant, so I figured with my soil, and the bump to 4g MC I burned them.

What can I do to make sure those gnats go away? I didn’t realize they cause that kind of damage.

Nute burn doesn't do that to the leaves. That would start at the tip and work its way down. If you don't see gnats then just see if it spreads. If you do see gnats then I would get some gnat-nix (or mosquito dunks...same thing). You put that in your water and let it sit for 24 hours, then mix in our nutes and use it for your plants. They'll be gone within a week.

Nute burn doesn't do that to the leaves. That would start at the tip and work its way down. If you don't see gnats then just see if it spreads. If you do see gnats then I would get some gnat-nix (or mosquito dunks...same thing). You put that in your water and let it sit for 24 hours, then mix in our nutes and use it for your plants. They'll be gone within a week.
Definitely have gnats. They were really bad on those abandoned ladies.

Mosquito dunks would be the fastest and simplest way to get rid of them. Dunks or bits will work, and I think the active ingredient is BTI. Any local HD or Lowes should have that.

carcass uses half a puck for a 5 gallon bucket and lets the BTI populate overnight, then uses that water for his plants.

Details here and here.
Apparently they don’t sell gnat nix anymore. Got this instead.
8696A60F-034F-4157-BE16-B7B019E54F46.jpeg

It says 1 teaspoon per 25 square feet.
I’m not sure there’s a formula for that. Lol!
I’ve looked everywhere on the Summit site.
Guess I can see how much is in dunks and divide it by two. I have a scale now.

@carcass, how much of the bits do you think Adam should use to replace the disks you have?
Thanks for the tag,Shed!
The dunks weigh in at 13.5g each,and I use half of one in a 5 gallon bucket,so I'd say 7g of the "bits" would be just about right- just drop a quarter oz in the bucket every 30 days or so,and you should be gnatless in no time!

Back
Top Bottom