Five's Second Attempt - Coco/Perlite - CFL/LED - NL - 2016

Congrats brother! My first grow I only harvest about 80g, and I was mighty impressed with myself. So 100g is a decent haul my friend.

Congrats 5! I thought you would've ended with more weight, but I was was wrong again. I have seen a few threads debating HID vs. LED lighting and a few of the HID people swear that HID lighting grows larger denser buds, but then again the LED people say they get the same results plus the great terpene profiles. I'm an HID guy, but have never used LED so I can't verify. I think it is mostly the strain itself and also the phenotype within that strain. As you just experienced, your best producer had the roughest start. whereas those that started the best were surpassed. After your auto run, I challenge you to try cloning. With cloning, you can keep growing the characteristics that impress you. By starting from seed each time, it's all a mystery what you're going to get.

Congrats brother! My first grow I only harvest about 80g, and I was mighty impressed with myself. So 100g is a decent haul my friend.
Thanks Blaze! My first round came up with 40g so much happier this time. I might just have enough to get through to next harvest :)

Congrats 5! I thought you would've ended with more weight, but I was was wrong again. I have seen a few threads debating HID vs. LED lighting and a few of the HID people swear that HID lighting grows larger denser buds, but then again the LED people say they get the same results plus the great terpene profiles. I'm an HID guy, but have never used LED so I can't verify. I think it is mostly the strain itself and also the phenotype within that strain. As you just experienced, your best producer had the roughest start. whereas those that started the best were surpassed. After your auto run, I challenge you to try cloning. With cloning, you can keep growing the characteristics that impress you. By starting from seed each time, it's all a mystery what you're going to get.

Yeah I was hoping it may have been more but still quite happy.

I don't intend to stop growing but going to continue with seeds for a while until I can move in to a better house and make a bigger and better setup. Got a whole bunch of seeds that will keep me going for a ages ;-)

Just need to dry this lot properly so I can start smoking it!

Cool! Looks great.. Dense buds rule when you're buying it but home grown? As long as it smokes up good... If it's one-cone-gear, that 100g will last for ages.. !00g is 100g, dense or not.
Plus, looks like you have a huge pile of weed to swim in like Scrooge McDuck.. If it was all dense as, it would be a smaller pile! You'd hurt your head diving in....

Cool! Looks great.. Dense buds rule when you're buying it but home grown? As long as it smokes up good... If it's one-cone-gear, that 100g will last for ages.. !00g is 100g, dense or not.
Plus, looks like you have a huge pile of weed to swim in like Scrooge McDuck.. If it was all dense as, it would be a smaller pile! You'd hurt your head diving in....
Very true my friend lol definitely a good way to look at it.
I'm still quite happy with my Haul :)

Very true my friend lol definitely a good way to look at it.
I'm still quite happy with my Haul :)

Yeah, man.. I grew an auto AK-49 last year, outdoors.. Trichs all over; every sugar leaf curled up with frost.. Buds were solid but dried tiny and fluffy to about 3/4 zip... Was gutted til I smoked it. Probly the best weed I've grown so far (not saying much yet!), comparable in quality to any rock hard hydro that I've bought... Was actually too good.. Gave me 'mull-overs'!

CONGRATS FIVE!!
dunno how i let myself miss the harvesting but i caught up. Awesome work man, real happy for with this grow and your grows will only improve more as you go :thumb:
Buds a looking great too i hope they smoke up a storm :)
Love the drybox too btw haha

CONGRATS FIVE!!
dunno how i let myself miss the harvesting but i caught up. Awesome work man, real happy for with this grow and your grows will only improve more as you go :thumb:
Buds a looking great too i hope they smoke up a storm :)
Love the drybox too btw haha

Thanks Sir Bud!
Already got the next one on its way and looking good and trying to come up with a way to start a few weeks before harvest so I can speed things up, so I think I'm addicted now lol.

Thanks, I'd love to say the dry box is my design but copied it from some stuff on google. But seems to work well

Smoke Report!!

Just had the first smoke tonight and pleased to report positive results! :)
A nice smooth smoke with a subtle taste. Uplifting, cruisey, relaxing kind of high that doesn't come on too strong but isn't so mild to leave you wanting. Not a one cone wonder or something for a night out on the town, but more of a chilled night in or an after work smoke.

Hope you guys are all over checking out my latest grow trying out some Auto's!!!! As for this journal, I will mark it as complete :)

Thanks again to everyone for watching along and all the help everyone gave. I can't explain enough how much I really do appreciate it!! I couldn't do it without you guys!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Quick question if anyone is still around.
I have had 62% Boveda packs in the jars for the past two weeks and the humidy hasn't gone below 66% and in one is still 69%. I have left for a few days without opening and also had a few days of opening for a few hours a day but nothing seems to change.
If I take the buds out it doesn't seem to make a difference if I leave them to air dry all day. When they go back in, humidy goes back to where it was after a couple of hours.
They were originally hung up in the dry box for 15 days as they were slow to dry.

Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

Im not to sure on it cause ive always just cured by feel and never measured humidity, all i can say is depending on how dry the buds are you could try hang them another day or so and go back to jars, or just keep burping jars and as often as seems appropriate.
I have heard of people using things like rice in and such in a mess bag to help soak up moisture but i cant back any of it. Hope you get it figured out man :thumb:

Dump the jars onto a wide surface so the nugs aren't stacked and aim a fan just above the nugs for 15 minutes. The RH is climbing back up because not enough moisture sweated out. Also be mindful that the 62% mark is for long storage, but if you'll smoke a jar inside a month, you're already in good shape.

Dump the jars onto a wide surface so the nugs aren't stacked and aim a fan just above the nugs for 15 minutes. The RH is climbing back up because not enough moisture sweated out. Also be mindful that the 62% mark is for long storage, but if you'll smoke a jar inside a month, you're already in good shape.

Thanks Sky, I have been taking them out as you suggest but doesn't seem to make much difference and to be honest, they wont be stored for a long time as I can easily finish one jar in a month. I go through about 1 ounce every fortnight so maybe it doesn't really matter.
all the buds feel dry but not so much the turn to powder in an instant so I think they're in a good state at the moment. Just can't help wanting perfection.
I think I'll dry them for longer next time

Back
Top Bottom