FiveToMidnight's First Grow - Coco/Perlite - NL - MarsHydro 300W LED - 2015

I know how that feels. Your plants suffer in those kind of temps.

When you get the opportunity, go AC. Makes a big difference.

Yeah it sucks, but doing what I can do deal with it for now.

I'd love to but can't afford it for myself let alone them lol. Next place I move to will have a space I can put the box where it will stay nice and cool. Until then unfortunately I'm stuck dealing with whatever the temperature is outside

If you've been hitting those kind of temps on a regular basis, then that has probably contributed to the problems you have now.

I've only had one grow (not documented here because it was too embarrassing) where i couldn't control temps and it ended dismally. I was seeing regular temps of 38 deg inside the tent.

If you've been hitting those kind of temps on a regular basis, then that has probably contributed to the problems you have now.

I've only had one grow (not documented here because it was too embarrassing) where i couldn't control temps and it ended dismally. I was seeing regular temps of 38 deg inside the tent.

Yeah I believe it has been a contributer to the problems. I was hoping the silica might have helped with that as it says it helps them deal with higher temps but I think it was too little too late.

The temps sit around 30-34 but still not good.

I too had to shut down a grow due to high heat. I had to wait till the following winter where I didn't need to worry about ambient heat. The heat from the lamps kept the room warm enough during the day time hours.

I too had to shut down a grow due to high heat. I had to wait till the following winter where I didn't need to worry about ambient heat. The heat from the lamps kept the room warm enough during the day time hours.

I'm thinking if I can avoid running the LED through the middle of summer I should be okish. I'm hoping to harvest in a few weeks so should avoid it I think

some updated pics from today

Number 1
PC102488.JPG

PC102489.JPG
PC102490.JPG
PC102491.JPG
PC102492.JPG

Number 3
PC102494.JPG
PC102495.JPG
PC102496.JPG
PC102497.JPG
PC102498.JPG

All things considered, I notice a tad bit of improvement in that the overall color of #1 appears to have improved some. I suggest removing a few more leaves from #3. You make the call, but either remove the whole leaf if it is too damaged to photosynthesize, or scissor off the severely damaged portions of the leaf. If you decide to remove the whole leaf, I suggest leaving the leaf stem attached and snip off the leaf itself. The plant can use the water and nutes stored in the stems, and the leaf too, but the added light penetration might be more beneficial to the grow. You'll have to "feel" what you think would be better. There's no right or wrong answer on this, just use common growing sense.

All things considered, I notice a tad bit of improvement in that the overall color of #1 appears to have improved some. I suggest removing a few more leaves from #3. You make the call, but either remove the whole leaf if it is too damaged to photosynthesize, or scissor off the severely damaged portions of the leaf. If you decide to remove the whole leaf, I suggest leaving the leaf stem attached and snip off the leaf itself. The plant can use the water and nutes stored in the stems, and the leaf too, but the added light penetration might be more beneficial to the grow. You'll have to "feel" what you think would be better. There's no right or wrong answer on this, just use common growing sense.

I'm glad you think so, I was thinking #1 looked a bit better today too.
I have done as you advised and will remove more over the next few days. More pics soon!

Yeah brother, I agree with skybound. I think the girls are looking better! Congrats on that, I hope those buds fatten up for you 5

Thanks a lot mate, really appreciate it!

Update please :popcorn:

All in all, I am impressed with what I'm seeing. Overall color appears somewhat stable. #1 is still a bit darker than #3, but the nugs are stacking nice none the less. I think the current game plan will lead to success and more importantly, you'll have learned knowledge of how to work the media to produce better results in future grows.

Keep snipping off dead leaf tips. If you don't think it will photosynthesize, then it's blocking light to lower sites.

All in all, I am impressed with what I'm seeing. Overall color appears somewhat stable. #1 is still a bit darker than #3, but the nugs are stacking nice none the less. I think the current game plan will lead to success and more importantly, you'll have learned knowledge of how to work the media to produce better results in future grows.

Glad to hear that, I find it really hard to judge whether or not they have improved so it's great that you think so.

I have to agree with sky, those girls are looking 2 better!! Nice a dark and the bud sites seem to be getting be getting bigger too ! Great work hopefully they keep improving mate

Buds are starting to look quite nice, getting very intrigued to see how they turn out. Only a couple of weeks to go!!

Keep snipping off dead leaf tips. If you don't think it will photosynthesize, then it's blocking light to lower sites.

Will do, trying to do just a few each day to minimize stress

:thumb::thumb:Very impressive comeback!! Nice colour coming back and pistols climbing. Really happy for you, 5. Reguardless of the outcome, you learned a lot. That's what truly matters! Grow on, my friend!

Andy.:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom