Flash Does 2x Monster Profit Smart 5Gal Coco

I did a lot of defoliation that's why I didn't remove many branches. Plus the fact they were announced to produce a lot without being very tall I thought the buds would be bigger as well. When you defoliate a lot they say not to prune as much as if you had just lollipoped.
Agreed, but defol is just opening up the bud sites to light, whereas removing branches that don't make it to the canopy direct the plants energy to the existing colas.
A week before I flip a photo, or around day 45 if it's an auto that hasn't flowered yet, I would do a selective defol, not heavy, and remove all the branches I think were a waste of time. Your plant has a week to bounce back. I have not lollipopped mine before. Freaks me out too much!

Agreed, but defol is just opening up the bud sites to light, whereas removing branches that don't make it to the canopy direct the plants energy to the existing colas.
A week before I flip a photo, or around day 45 if it's an auto that hasn't flowered yet, I would do a selective defol, not heavy, and remove all the branches I think were a waste of time. Your plant has a week to bounce back. I have not lollipopped mine before. Freaks me out too much!
Should still fatten up I would think. Looks good!

Thanks for the advice guys. I had removed some branches but not enough it seems. Will see how it ends. The little one should be ready within 2 weeks and the other one 2 weeks later I guess

Magoo is right, they will fatten up some more, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with your plants. Lots of good stuff on there and I would be happy to have her in my tent.
If you are happy then I wouldn't change a thing. Best thing to do is a comparison grow and do your normal on one and something else on the other.

Magoo is right, they will fatten up some more, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with your plants. Lots of good stuff on there and I would be happy to have her in my tent.
If you are happy then I wouldn't change a thing. Best thing to do is a comparison grow and do your normal on one and something else on the other.

I thought the big one would have grown like that :

As it was advertised 800g/m2

By a lot I guess! Look at that beauty by @Agemon :

That's what I was hoping
I dunno, too many variables too compare. He grows in soil, different nutes, maybe he started with clones. I think the more you know and learn the better your yields get. Although we always want to try and keep it simple.
I only use one nute, megacrop, and I am happy with the results I get. Environment plays a key part in plant size as well. A healthy plant will grow fast in a dialed in environment.
Keep taking notes and learning from what didn't work and you'll have better results each grow.
:Rasta:

I’m sure the breeder yields are in perfect conditions. I don’t really pay much attention to them. When I do look at them it’s more so just to compare it to another plant. If 1 says it can yield 500g and another says 800, all I see is that plant B will probably yield more than plant A. Lol. So I buy plant B and grow it and get my 90g! Lol

I dunno, too many variables too compare. He grows in soil, different nutes, maybe he started with clones. I think the more you know and learn the better your yields get. Although we always want to try and keep it simple.
I only use one nute, megacrop, and I am happy with the results I get. Environment plays a key part in plant size as well. A healthy plant will grow fast in a dialed in environment.
Keep taking notes and learning from what didn't work and you'll have better results each grow.
:Rasta:

Except a bit of nute burn everything else have been perfect. I guess you ve already seen my grow space and it has everything plants need to thrive. I think what I should do is to grow plants using only the base nuts without additives. I always have perfect veg plants then things isn't perfect green any more when I switch to flower which also means when I start to add all the additives nuts. I don't see anything else. I got lots of lights, airflow from everywhere, temps never above 26C and RH never ever above 40%. Maybe as plants grow faster in coco I should veg them longer than I did this time. But they look the perfect size for my grow space.... Just smaller buds than expected..... Even my sick green cracks had bigger buds when I had grown 9 plants at once in the same grow space and everything was crowded in water reserve pots (bad for weed growing). I m don't know. At the mean time, the only grow journal I found about Monster Profit shows small buds as well. Maybe it s the strain as they don't provide any real picture of buds.... Only Digits without proof.......

Temp and humidity are critical for big yields.

My RH is always under 40% and mostly around 30%. Temps around 75F. So I guess it s because of the over fertilization at the beginning of flowering I don't know.

I’m sure the breeder yields are in perfect conditions. I don’t really pay much attention to them. When I do look at them it’s more so just to compare it to another plant. If 1 says it can yield 500g and another says 800, all I see is that plant B will probably yield more than plant A. Lol. So I buy plant B and grow it and get my 90g! Lol

Haha you re so right hahahahah

Humidity can cause mold and rot in late flower. If drop out of the optimum VPD zone the plant won’t produce 100%. It’s a real balancing act for sure.

Humidity can cause mold and rot in late flower. If drop out of the optimum VPD zone the plant won’t produce 100%. It’s a real balancing act for sure.

I understand thanks Penny

I was going to say the exact same thing as Penny regarding the RH. I'll post the link to the chart I use below, and I know Penny has a good chart that he follows as well.
If you have any questions go ahead and ask. We're here to help!

Back
Top Bottom