Flash Does 2x Monster Profit Smart 5Gal Coco

Haha na i do see what hes saying and yes my plants would grow larger, quicker as the roots will spread quicker. But i personally dont believe they will be as strong structurally as the stems and trunk will not have long enough to develop as much and adapt to the training and stuff i throw at them (which is what you just touched on with the trunk size ;) ) so I could get bigger plants faster but they would be skinny branches and make for smaller buds. also i grow for quality and in MY OPINION quality of end product is sacrificed for speed of growth. Again this is my opinion just what i have personally observed.

I m with you. I understood why your trunks were that big when I realized you're not growing in coco so had longer veg. If I had more patience or could grow bigger plants I maybe would go back to soil for the quality

Sorry, just read that back mate. Not being a dick I swear. I'm just scottish. It's an abbrasive language that doesn't translate well on paper lol.
Na man its all good remember im a UK mutt so i feel where ya at lol.
Yer man we are pretty much in agreement really. I would rather my girls take that bit longer in veg and to finish up later in flower if it means a superior end product.
I was a helper for a guy who used to grow the original cheese clones when they were knocking about back in the day. I was there when he grew em in soil then when he switched to hydro. We argued a looot lol. He had to start charging less per oz cos it wasnt as good even in just appearanc even after hed been using hydro for years and got all the bugs worked out but he disnt give a fuck cos he was pushing out 1 more crop a year and getting higher yields.
Since then I steer clear of hydro like the plague lol.
Admitedly a perfect example of a biased opinion but as ive said its my opinion fam :p.
Blessings to you

I’ve only grown in soil. I only have a small grow area, 2x4x5. So pulling a huge yield off a plant is probably not gonna happen. Lol. My useage is also small compared to a lot of you guys. So for me it’s a vote for quality over quantity. Not that quality isn’t there with hydro....just that the quality I get from the organic is the best I’ve had. I do admire the plants I see grown in Coco here. They always look so much farther along than mine at the same age. Lol. Always a pleasure to watch!

I’ve only grown in soil. I only have a small grow area, 2x4x5. So pulling a huge yield off a plant is probably not gonna happen. Lol. My useage is also small compared to a lot of you guys. So for me it’s a vote for quality over quantity. Not that quality isn’t there with hydro....just that the quality I get from the organic is the best I’ve had. I do admire the plants I see grown in Coco here. They always look so much farther along than mine at the same age. Lol. Always a pleasure to watch!

Thanks for stopping by my friend! Hope everything is going well for you

Edit : forgot to mention my space is 55cmx118cmx180cm so if you convert to foot I just have more height possible but we re in the same range of grow space. That s why I choosed to try two plants to instead of more like last runs to have better quality but still hoping a good quantity like your blue dream grow. If your plants had a little more stretch it would have been perfect for the space IMO. I hope to get a bigger space one day

Big girl took outdoor sun today to reduce heat inside.

Today as heat is climbing outdoor and I didn't want to have to move the plants out everyday for a few hours before having to take them inside later, I decided to put my smart pots higher to allow better air flow

Everything is going well. I did some trimming as well to remove any leaf that was hiding bud sites. I wish I could have taken more but it was smaller leaves so I didn't want to waste hours. They look good. The bigger one really suffered from bad spread watering. There is a part with definitely smaller branches and pistils. It should be fun to watch before harvest. I guess I ll have a 50% of the buds that will be half smaller. Anyway they look healthy so it's the most important

Let the flower show begin!

I m a bit disappointed the colas don't look like they will fatten up much. They are getting dense for sure but quite small

Should still yield good.

I ll wait and see. Thought two plants would give bigger buds than previous runs considering this strain is marketed to produce a lot even if not tall

All in all you're going to be happy. They look nice and frosty too. Delicious!
One way to fatten them up a bit next time is to remove some of those branches that didn't make it to the canopy. The small buds are OK, but depending on what you are after thinning the plant out will help.

All in all you're going to be happy. They look nice and frosty too. Delicious!
One way to fatten them up a bit next time is to remove some of those branches that didn't make it to the canopy. The small buds are OK, but depending on what you are after thinning the plant out will help.

I did a lot of defoliation that's why I didn't remove many branches. Plus the fact they were announced to produce a lot without being very tall I thought the buds would be bigger as well. When you defoliate a lot they say not to prune as much as if you had just lollipoped. Anyway I guess I made some mistakes than prevent them growing bigger at the time they were pushing pistils. I ll see. I was just hoping for a good harvest to wait till next winter

Back
Top Bottom