Flush Before 12/12?

madsdad4ever

I am waiting on my nirvana bloom booster to come in. It will be here on the 18th. I started giving straight ph'ed ro water to my plants. And will continue to give only water and mayb one dose 1/4 strength bloom nute. And I give them one table spoon molasses a week. I am using Organic 50/50 soil and additives in smart bags. I have some flora keen by gh. And I was thinking maybe I should flush b4 I start bloom nutes Any suggestions? Or comments.

Some people flush prior to 12/12, but I don't either. I think their logic is to get the veg nutes and built up salts out of the medium prior to flowering. While it is a good idea to try to get rid of the built up salts, if you are watering with enough runoff this shouldn't be an issue.

The other thing is that when you start flowering, the first 2-3 weeks are going to be more like vegetative growth anyway, and require some nitrogen, which is in the veg nutes. You don't mention your medium or nutes, but I'd suspect you'll be fine without a flush. It never hurts to give your plants a clean-out though!

I only flushed once, and that is when I tried some new nutes and the leaves started turning yellow. Since I normally water till there is run off, I don't think I need to flush at all. Salts won't build up in the soil if enough water is given every couple days or so.

I also discovered that if your ladies need water every day, they could be root bound. I repotted two adults from 3 gallon pots to 4 gallon bins and the rootball was dry and solidily packed with roots. I had watered before transplanting, too.

Back
Top Bottom