Flush cure and all that

Hi guys. So stupid wind just knocked off a near finished cola. It still had maybe 1 week to go and was only on day 2 of flush lol... Maybe consider it 5 days of flush as 5 days ago when i watered it was just with molasses.

Its a pretty good sized and basically finished bud. around half a oz of bud on it dry id say, maybe more.

So my question is what should I do? I can't decide on if I should just trim it up some and hang dry it normal style or if I should water cure it since it really hasent had much flash yet. I heard water cure really makes the look and taste suck, but does make smoke ultra smooth... I guess I could burn a tiny bit and see if It becomes black ash or nice and white...

What do you guys think? Need answers fast.

What ever works best for you. I always flush. Some people don't like to flush as much.

One thing I have heard several times that will make a bad smoke is giving magnesium at the end. I flush so I don't have that problem.

:goodluck:

I wouldn't water cure but that's just me, I love my sweet tasting bud. Just try to cure the bud for as long as possible so it burns up most of the remaining chlorophyll and nutes. If the branch hasn't snapped all the way through tape it up or simply leave it till flush has finished. if its snapped off completely id possibly try letting the cut stem sit in a glass of r/o water in the dark for 24- 48 hrs to let that transpiration continue before letting it hang dry.

Pretty sound advice from all. Really like SWvoodoo's idea regarding the water and dark!

I think its a great idea to let the bud sit in a glass of water for a couple of days. To address you other question about water curing, I did it once a couple of months ago when I got mildew on my buds during the curing process. In order to kill/remove the mildew I submerged the buds in a mason jar full of RO water for 3 days, draining and refilling with fresh water every 24 hours. After that I let the buds air dry until most of the moisture had evaporated and then resumed monitoring them in jars keeping the RH around 65%. The result was surprising- I was told to expect buds that had no taste or strong smell. What I got was buds that were extremely dense and firm with a chocolate brown color and a slightly spicier taste. The biggest surprise was that the potency was definitely increased. I'm not sure that I would ever use this process on bud that can be cured properly using "normal methods" but this is a good thing to know about if your cure/drying process goes sideways.:peace:

I think its a great idea to let the bud sit in a glass of water for a couple of days.

When thinking about it i did hear of another grower mention this before if the stem is long enough to sit in jar/bottle of water :thumb:

I just ended up pre trimming it and drying it normal style. Its not very much and it still really shoulda had another week or two to grow, but it is what it is. It had a small flush so maybe it wont be too harsh, My bigger worry its it was still semi premature :(

DSCN8184.JPG
DSCN8195.JPG
DSCN8196.JPG

Hey if it's not going to be the best smoke and you've got the rest of the harvest coming anyway you can always make some cannabutter or other edible treats with it. :peace:

Hey if it's not going to be the best smoke and you've got the rest of the harvest coming anyway you can always make some cannabutter or other edible treats with it. :peace:

Yeah lol whats a few quarters when harvest is just around corner anyways.

Good news peeps, it is looking pretty decent now that its fairly dry. And its starting to smell like the bomb too, a lot like blueberries and sugar.

Also the weight is more then I thought it would be. Its at 37 grams, still needs to dry a bit but it should gimme around a oz maybe a lil less.

So I guess its not all bad, I seen way worse at the dispensaries before :)

Back
Top Bottom