Clawing after flush & before harvest

indochronic

Hi Hello Aloha:passitleft:
So some of my recent stuff hasent been burning 100% or at all tbh. I flushed about 4 liters of tap water (usually fluch with rain water i have in a 200L butt) through my Green Gelato and shes clawing now 3-4days later. Im about to harvest today or tomorrow, so should i flush again and wait a day or 2 ?
The run off EC i believe was 0.5 if i remember correctly. Obviously u want 0 EC but I doubt some the good good we smoke is Fullly flushed if u get me. so im curious :)

I guess flushing is a personal preference :passitleft:I've never flushed, been growing since '07...I do however water/feed till runoff every time, and the last 2 weeks just water. I've not run into your problem...thank God, hope you figure it out :thumb:
I am going to say that as long as your watering till run off that run off will carry away excess salts the same as a so called flush would. So basically watering till run off is the same as flushing for salts. And plants will fill with water and droop after watering especially when very dry before watering. These are mine after watering as you can see they are drooping nothing to worry about in fact that means very good fluid uptake and healthy roots.

Well i havent feed in atleast 2 weeks and yes iv been getting some run off like yall both said. So i guess is down to your setup and how u flush, These past couple years iv been trying to really perfect things all over in the plant and research just goes on and on lol
Ill go with the flow for now (no pun intended) and see how she turns out
Thanks and Have a Happy Weekend.

Iv been watching alot of future cannabis project on youtube when it comes to organic soil etc. duno if u guys have come accross it yet but defo worth a look when your too high to type :ganjamon:

What are we measuring with the runoff?

How does that measurement help the plants grow?

How much water did you "flush" with?

Now wondering if the microbes are ok.

Plants come and go, the microbes always there.

What are we measuring with the runoff?

How does that measurement help the plants grow?

How much water did you "flush" with?

Now wondering if the microbes are ok.

Plants come and go, the microbes always there.
As for the mesuring im using a EC meter to test the run of. put about 4-6 liters through to get any main stuff out (i understand a flush is 2 or 3 times the water to vol. of soil.)
well weather there was alot of microbes or just a little. (nota scientest but ) At the last 2 weeks im assuming the only up take needed if any would be Potassium and/or cal/mag/sugars?!?! even tho an active soil high in life wouldnt be a probley either im assuming at harvest.
The Skittlez i just grew i never flushed to see what would happen. its either the water im using/ was using. but i really wish i flushed it. because for whatever reason its really bad at burning ever after a 2 month cure. Looks perfect, smells not bad, and taste isent bad apart from the non burning. (defo something stuck in the plant or not enough of something)

I'm wondering more about the dry/cure than the flushing! Science tells us you can't pull elements from the buds by feeding the plant plain water at the end. Doesn't answer the clawing question, but it might prevent you from flushing at all next time.
The Gelato i tested a quick dry (dont quick dry lol) and even not fully dried and cured, it still burns good. This is after changing from rain water to tap, is the only thing i really did. And flushed 2-3 days before harvest rather then a week or 2.
So maby Clawing effects the quality a tiny bit, taste might not be AS sweet...etc etc.
Id rather the plant praying at harvest then clawing tho thats the goals :slide:
BUT iv never heard someone flushing a outdoor plant sooo.. clearly im doing something wrong.

Sounds like you want to cure two problems by flushing. One problem is the clawing and maybe that can be fixed or maybe not. You could tell us whether you are growing in a soil mix or a hydro/soil-less mix. Then in message #7 you say:
BUT iv never heard someone flushing a outdoor plant sooo.. clearly im doing something wrong.
Are you growing outside?

As for the problems with the way it burns and tastes I doubt that any flushing, no matter how long before harvest or how much water is used, will have any effect on that.

I have rolled several joints at a time using the buds out of the same jar. Some of those joints burn smoothly and some are hard to keep going. I figure that some of the weed was ground up finer making it harder to draw and sometimes I rolled it to tight which makes it harder to draw. And, sometimes I might not have packed the joint tight enough and the weed burned a little faster and hotter and tasted harsher.

If you are putting it in a pipe the same sort of thing happens. How tight the bowl was packed or how fine it was ground up will have an effect on how it burns.

Like @InTheShed mentions, it might be something in the drying and curing procedure.

Whats up SW
No im growing indoor. Also in part compost/part soil, added perlite and virmic. But i just mean in general from what InTheShed said about flushing not exactly making the finial product cleaner. To say, when a plants done outdoors u just stop feeding or in good enough soil u dont need to feed at all and just chop it when done.
I do think that sometimes being paro. that it might be the papers im using thats not burning etc.etc. :laughtwo: (i use small amounts of tobacco to been european and all)
Iv been on about this non burning since i grew the plant, its so strange its driving me nuts, if i could email u all a sample of it to try ud be like WTF lol.
I get what ur saying about packing and rolling to tight and that, but iv never had an issue with rolling or stuff like that, only when the bud might have been damp still or something.
Some did say something like lack of or trapped carbon in the plant, or lack of air in the water plus a low-ish PH value, witch may of led to lack of air in the soil witch god only knows what that could do to the finial plant.

Something I have been doing for a while now is in the last 2 to 3 weeks before harvest. Is to stop the nuit's and MAKE sure the PH is 8.5 or above, I use 9.0

Most would laugh and call me a fool to use that high a level but that is the purpose of it. You force lock out on the plants but never screw with the balance of the soil. ( You Purge the PLANT not the dirt ) They keep the same cycle they have been on, without having to wait for them to dry out. You just eliminate anyway for them to uptake any nuit's in the soil / medium you are using. But still get all the water they require.

I recycle my soil mix and one month before my next grow I flush the hell out of it then, before I pot anything in it. So you start back at square one. A good trick for Autoflowers being you have so much less time with them. You can feed them heavy all the way to the end. Then lock them out for 2 weeks to purge the PLANT not the medium is the point.

Just remember that there are very high levels of nuit's remaining when you go to replant. You will kill a seedling or scorch a clone because of the leftovers in the soil / medium.

Something I have been doing for a while now is in the last 2 to 3 weeks before harvest. Is to stop the nuit's and MAKE sure the PH is 8.5 or above, I use 9.0

Most would laugh and call me a fool to use that high a level but that is the purpose of it. You force lock out on the plants but never screw with the balance of the soil. ( You Purge the PLANT not the dirt ) They keep the same cycle they have been on, without having to wait for them to dry out. You just eliminate anyway for them to uptake any nuit's in the soil / medium you are using. But still get all the water they require.

I recycle my soil mix and one month before my next grow I flush the hell out of it then, before I pot anything in it. So you start back at square one. A good trick for Autoflowers being you have so much less time with them. You can feed them heavy all the way to the end. Then lock them out for 2 weeks to purge the PLANT not the medium is the point.

Just remember that there are very high levels of nuit's remaining when you go to replant. You will kill a seedling or scorch a clone because of the leftovers in the soil / medium.

do you yellow out your fan leaves and / or get a deep senescence - autumn fall - look ?
not a dig or criticism , just honestly curious.

do you yellow out your fan leaves and / or get a deep senescence - autumn fall - look ?
I have defoliated all the fan leaves long before this point. By 4 weeks to harvest I actually don't want any lower fans or branch's without buds or popcorn nuggies. I also tie them to get them as close as possible. So them are contained to the center of the LED source.

They grow away from and sag down removing themselves from the strongest part of the light the LED emit. Any color lose or change I let the plants have their way with.

The most important color change I want to see it in the Trich's crystals and white ashes in an empty bowl.

Peace ....

Yo GF
That makes 100% sense to me because my tap water is in the 7s PH and my rain water in the 5s. So there must be a change in the out come if Ph is too high compaired to too low. I always us to use tap then switched thinking it was better was grand until water starts to sit afew months in the water butt. (still crystal clear water tho, but maby lacks oxygen so PH things im guessing are happening)
Iv wanted to reuse soil so bad, but more towards organic, no till, rather then emptying and flushing the soil im sure can be messy without the right equip./space.
Gonna lean towards this method and see if i can improve my overall bud :high-five:

I personally like to see (and usally just happens natural anyway for me) most leaves going yellow if not all. But iv seen and i think commerically they pull them and the plants still look mainly green. And the bottom half lollipoped like Goofy said. But i use very little nutes and my DWC EC's are never high, like from what i hear others put ther EC up to. So i try give her what she needs or less and feed of her own leaves also.
I dont train plants much or try reach hugh yields so i figure less is more.

As for the mesuring im using a EC meter to test the run of. put about 4-6 liters through to get any main stuff out (i understand a flush is 2 or 3 times the water to vol. of soil.)
well weather there was alot of microbes or just a little. (nota scientest but ) At the last 2 weeks im assuming the only up take needed if any would be Potassium and/or cal/mag/sugars?!?! even tho an active soil high in life wouldnt be a probley either im assuming at harvest.
The Skittlez i just grew i never flushed to see what would happen. its either the water im using/ was using. but i really wish i flushed it. because for whatever reason its really bad at burning ever after a 2 month cure. Looks perfect, smells not bad, and taste isent bad apart from the non burning. (defo something stuck in the plant or not enough of something)

The Gelato i tested a quick dry (dont quick dry lol) and even not fully dried and cured, it still burns good. This is after changing from rain water to tap, is the only thing i really did. And flushed 2-3 days before harvest rather then a week or 2.
So maby Clawing effects the quality a tiny bit, taste might not be AS sweet...etc etc.
Id rather the plant praying at harvest then clawing tho thats the goals :slide:
Ok the reason for your harsh tasting weed is not the soil or anything you can rinse out of the soil with water. You cannot remove anything from the plant with water.

This is the science.

Ok so what can make weed taste harsh. Chlorophyll plain and simple.

Your drying curing process needs some attention is what I wood say. This part is as important or more important in some ways than growing.

Another reason for a lot of chlorophyll in your flowers could be due to too much nitrogen in your soil or in fertilizer you're using going down the stretch in flower. Cannabis likes Calcium (not cal/mag) Calcium.

Looks like your a hydro grower. So your fertilizer solution and/or your curing process needs a closer look. Again N in flower is not something we try to add unless in VEG.

Charge up the leaves in VEG with N/Ca and then the plant will use them up in flower.
Thats the beauty of how efficient the plants are at making energy.

Thats something ill remember !cant remove nutes from the plant by flushing! :thumb:
Its not so much a harsh taste, its the fact that this Skittlez im on about was in soil. iv growen literly 50 different strains soil/soilless/ hydro and never had anything like this.
My drying and curing is always a priority to me when it comes to time & temps. (60H- 16c- 2weeks) curing the longer the better. (skittles as been jared at 60% humidity since Nov 2020) never had rot mold etc.
Chlorophyll could be the problem if theres a record of it making bud not burn. Its like if u got green grass or evergreen foliage and tried to start a fire with, it just doesnt work unless its brown/dead.
I think Goofy hit the nail on the head with the water PH its the only thing that make sense to me from what iv changed.

By all means not trying to argue or say anyone right/wrong, its just more stressfull and less understanding fixing problems through txt, with people from all parts of the world.
Much Love :rollit:

Back
Top Bottom