Flytier's CKS Candy Cane Organic Closet Grow - Fall Of 2017

All locally grown and fully organic.....id be all over that even here where we have a pile of choice.

Yeah, we have a couple FMs around here, one in the old mall which runs year round, and an outdoor one which is seasonal. The one I miss is in Kitchener. Me and my brother used to hit that one regularly in 88-89.

Kitchener market is phoenominal. Go there for a road trip at least twice a year. It burnt down in 2013, much has changed there but it still retains its old-world charm only now it's been updated.

Kitchener market is phoenominal. Go there for a road trip at least twice a year. It burnt down in 2013, much has changed there but it still retains its old-world charm only now it's been updated.

Burnt down? Wow. Yeah, we used to go there for our meat and cheese. Bigass round steaks just barely fitting into the pan.

Hey Fly! Yah I'm going to start a batch of super soil for this coming grow if I can get it in and started. I picked up a composter and have it started... I'm going to have to move it closer to the neighbour in the back(he's a dick anyway).. let him enjoy the wafts of fish and compost...
that Kitchener FM was huge! Turned into quite the tourist spot. The mennonites have started another colony up in Northern Ontario and there is a FM they run in a small town of 500... it's awesome! Fresh organic is the way to go for everything, not just green! So much better for u! Keep it Green Fly! ..

A sprinkler system could have made a big difference at the fire-ravaged main building at the St. Jacobs Farmers' Market north of Waterloo, Ont., according to Woolwich Fire Department Chief Rick Pedersen. The building was destroyed by a fire early Monday morning. St. Jacobs Farmers' Market fire causes estimated $2M in damage - Kitchener-Waterloo - CBC News

Destroyed! It said the one in Waterloo. Now the one I remember was right in the middle of downtown Kitchener, on, I think, Princess St., in the Eaton's Building, perhaps?

Destroyed! It said the one in Waterloo. Now the one I remember was right in the middle of downtown Kitchener, on, I think, Princess St., in the Eaton's Building, perhaps?
Hmmm.....were thinking of 2 deperste spaces for sure. That one in St Jacobs is a local icon...but I have also heard of the Kitchener market.

Hmmm.....were thinking of 2 deperste spaces for sure. That one in St Jacobs is a local icon...but I have also heard of the Kitchener market.

If my memory serves me correctly, it was somewhere around Queen and Princess.

October 21, 2017
Day 7

Ok, so I got a few pictures of my new babies today before I realized I never charged the batteries the last time I used it - taken care of now.

So here they are, one week after I planted the seeds. I have four plants doing good and one kind of struggling. For some reason a day or two after it came up the cotyledons and beginnings of first leaves shriveled up. But I left it anyway, after seeing the almost-dead plant come back to life in the ditch. It's difficult to tell for sure, but I think it may be getting some more leaves beginning now. I'll know more about that tomorrow.

So here's the group shot, with the struggling one in the front left. They all came up within the span of a day
aDSCI1387.jpg

Here's one of the bigger girls, doing right nice with her second set of leaves on the go and a bit of moss tagging along for a ride
aDSCI1389.jpg

And of course the runt. I tried to get a macro shot but this is all I got before the camera gave out (again). If you look hard and use your imagination and have a few puffs you can sort of start to almost kind of see a bit of green beginning to start to get ready to grow in the middle - or that's what it took for me to see it anyway...
aDSCI1390.jpg

And all the rest are in between. After a struggling start myself killing seeds in the spring and summer using the paper towels, I just had my third (maybe fourth?) 100% germination in a row with my Crop King Seeds. Bring 'er on!

On a different note, I'm getting used to using my vapour pen and I'm making more use of it. But it's hard still hard to beat rolling up a big fatty when I drag myself in through the door after work, cold, wet, and aching all over. I'll never be fully over that.

Looking good Ft! Looking good! Love seeing plants take off on the right foot! You can already see how happy that are with your home cooked soil!! Cheers!
Agreed my friend.....love this stage lol. Your soil looks amazing.....

Speaking of soil, what part of your amendments allowed you to add large bark chips like that? Just kind of wondering what the advantage is , whether or not they will actually start to break down? Also, did you use the filter on that algae/Moss or is it really that vibrant a green? Lastly but certainly not least..... What do you think caused the plant to shrivel up? Is it possible that your compost was still a bit hot?

Looking good Ft! Looking good! Love seeing plants take off on the right foot! You can already see how happy that are with your home cooked soil!! Cheers!

Thanks man. I think the one that's lagging ain't gonna make it, but at least I still got 100% germination out of it.

Agreed my friend.....love this stage lol. Your soil looks amazing.....

Speaking of soil, what part of your amendments allowed you to add large bark chips like that? Just kind of wondering what the advantage is , whether or not they will actually start to break down? Also, did you use the filter on that algae/Moss or is it really that vibrant a green? Lastly but certainly not least..... What do you think caused the plant to shrivel up? Is it possible that your compost was still a bit hot?

I didn't add the chips myself; I think they came in one of the bags of soil. They didn't harm the growth on the other plants this year, so I'll keep with it.

The algae (or whatever) is actually a very noticeable green, although when I ran the picture through Photoshop it brought it out a little more. I like to edit the pics a bit because my camera tends to make them a little faded and washed out.

As for the plant crapping out, I wouldn't know for sure what did it. I don't think it's nutrient burn, but I only say that because I've never had it happen with the compost yet. It was still very small when I took the humidity dome off it, more so than the rest of the plants. If I were to make a guess, I'd say I should have kept the cover on it a while longer.

Other than that, four out of five is still a good go. I'm pleased.

FTR, Day 1 of deer season and nothing yet. Sitting in a tree blind waiting for something to happen is rather boring, enough to remind me why I'm not a hunter. And my hearing still hasn't recovered from sighting in the rifle five days ago.

FTR, Day 1 of deer season and nothing yet. Sitting in a tree blind waiting for something to happen is rather boring, enough to remind me why I'm not a hunter. And my hearing still hasn't recovered from sighting in the rifle five days ago.

Hang in there... not sure what the deer in your area eat, but the deer around here grow up on Beans and corn... Venison chops.... mmmmm! It's worth a few hours sitting out enjoying nature's grandeur! .

You don't need to be able to hear, just see LMAO.

Hey when you're making oils Etc, do you know why they decarb the weed? Like what is the point of the decarb in the oven or whatever Source they use to do it?

Back
Top Bottom