Flytier's CKS Candy Cane Organic Closet Grow - Fall Of 2017

Not sure if that was an educated guess or not but it was pretty fucking accurate lol.

Just reading up......heres what I found.

Applying a little heat to dried bud inspires some fascinating chemical reactions in the plant. Namely, you transform compounds called cannabinoid acids into a form that is readily usable by the body.

Not sure if that was an educated guess or not but it was pretty fucking accurate lol.

Just reading up......heres what I found.

Applying a little heat to dried bud inspires some fascinating chemical reactions in the plant. Namely, you transform compounds called cannabinoid acids into a form that is readily usable by the body.

That's what I read/saw regarding it too, plus a little bit of educated guess, but mostly memory this time. Molecular biology isn't my strong point - in this area I use botany and ecology, with a small bit of chemistry for good luck.

I've been to torrent sites and downloaded all kinds of books on Cannabis. There's no limit to what you can find out there. YouTube is a good source of documentaries on it too. I've learned a lot of the science of it over the past half year with my nose either in a (e)book or watching scientists lecturing about it. Fascinating stuff and you can impress friends with your knowledge haha.

So here's my question about decarb. What temp does it occur at. I'm wondering if I can decarb dabs and they would still be smokable but also topical and edible. That seems like it makes sense no?

So here's my question about decarb. What temp does it occur at. I'm wondering if I can decarb dabs and they would still be smokable but also topical and edible. That seems like it makes sense no?
I'm going to take a guess here and say that the decarb has already occurred because of the temperatures that the dabs have already been through. From boiling water ( or whatever your heat source is), to extreme pressure....thats got to be above the temps needed.

Also, it seems as though the decarb can occur at a variety of temperatures and more so has to do with the length of time. I have seen people do it anywhere from 108F to 230F + and just varie the time. Also, Sweetsue and others recommend using a roasting bag in the oven to help almost eliminate odor. The roasting bag can be used time and time again as long as it is not punctured.

I'm going to take a guess here and say that the decarb has already occurred because of the temperatures that the dabs have already been through. From boiling water ( or whatever your heat source is), to extreme pressure....thats got to be above the temps needed.
Idk.... temps are very cold -20 or so. And I never let them exceed 110 for purge..... the pressure thing would apply if you were to apply it but it is only ever relieved. Hmmm . I'm not saying your wrong guy but I may have to put this to the test! Normal dabs vs. Buds that are decarbed before extraction vs. Wax that is heated to X degrees (decarbed) after concentrates completion.

That's what I read/saw regarding it too, plus a little bit of educated guess, but mostly memory this time. Molecular biology isn't my strong point - in this area I use botany and ecology, with a small bit of chemistry for good luck.

I've been to torrent sites and downloaded all kinds of books on Cannabis. There's no limit to what you can find out there. YouTube is a good source of documentaries on it too. I've learned a lot of the science of it over the past half year with my nose either in a (e)book or watching scientists lecturing about it. Fascinating stuff and you can impress friends with your knowledge haha.
You're smarter than I gave you credit for LMAO.

Idk.... temps are very cold -20 or so. And I never let them exceed 110 for purge..... the pressure thing would apply if you were to apply it but it is only ever relieved. Hmmm . I'm not saying your wrong guy but I may have to put this to the test! Normal dabs vs. Buds that are decarbed before extraction vs. Wax that is heated to X degrees (decarbed) after concentrates completion.
You know what, I'm no professional when it comes to the dab's I'm just kind of going by what I remember. I wish my buddy would open up a fucking account and actually speak about this sort of shit so that people could pull off that kind of quality dabsthat he does. LMAO come on buddy..... You read this thing everyday lol.

Dabber, go for it.....Im subbed in and I'll be learning something new.

If I recall correctly, it's somewhere around 250 F for a half hour, but I'm not 100% sure. I know someone who makes kickass butter and she decarbs it for four hours at a simmer, so I'm gonna take a guess and say that if you don't burn your raw materials in the process, more is better up to a point. Four hours definitely does the trick.

October 26, 2017
Day 12

Well the girls are sent downstairs to the big lights to start growing now. I don't know if the molasses had any immediate effect, but at least it didn't hurt them. They'll be ready to transplant in a week, as a guess.

So here is the revised group shot, down to four. But That's not bad though. And of course, the runt of the litter. All in all, it's looking pretty good.
aDSCI1391.jpg

Here's one of the two larger ones, which are pretty much neck and neck.
aDSCI1392.jpg

And, ...
aDSCI1393.jpg

Rough start, but she's pulling through.

So with the full strength lights it's all systems go. I brought the lights a little closer this time to try and avoid the stringiness of the last ones.

I was at the dispensary and bought something called Death Bubba. Nice stuff, actually. Gives a good body buzz and tastes nice. And I got some sativa called Grapefruit. They're out of Super Silver Haze, one of my new top favorites, so ya gotta make do, right?

And with that, I'm off to roll one. Cheerio, friends.

I think they will do fine, just accommodate with pot size. I grew one out entirely in a Solo Cup and got almost a quarter ounce off it LOL. Just goes to show though, on my stealth grow here that I am presently doing the CBD Kings Kush is the biggest of them all. Granted she is in a 4 gallon pot. I presently got those three Autos in my cabinet, no plan on moving them to the tent as it is presently being dismantled for moving.

I think they will do fine, just accommodate with pot size. I grew one out entirely in a Solo Cup and got almost a quarter ounce off it LOL. Just goes to show though, on my stealth grow here that I am presently doing the CBD Kings Kush is the biggest of them all. Granted she is in a 4 gallon pot. I presently got those three Autos in my cabinet, no plan on moving them to the tent as it is presently being dismantled for moving.

Yeah, I'll be using something like 5L pots, so I should get s bit of size to them. I have other autos that I'm half or 3/4 convinced to save for outdoors next year. Good to know stuff like this in advance, especially when there's someone right here to ask.

So I had a wrench thrown into my gears the other day: the mother-in-law in moving in in December. That part isn't my problem; it's is her nosy, halfwit, bigmouth best friend that's got me worked up. All I need is her sticking her nose into things, especially since my growroom is in the kitchen. I know that's a rude way to put it, but I gotta call it as I see it.

But anyway, while I was putting my soils and stuff into the shed I figured I'd fill up the final pots for my girls while I was at it. I had just enough to fill the five pots, and then I realized I'd only need four and I could have made my mix a bit stronger. Oh, well. I'll find something for it, I'm sure.

So now I've used up the last of my good compost, and it's getting a bit cold now for my other lot to work its magic. I took my spade and dug into it, and there's still lots of insect larvae in there. I'll have to keep that one for the spring or summer.

And as I get rid of my plants from the past season, I'm putting the old soil into the ditch, partially hidden by a dogwood bush, for next year's growing. I may even spike it with some of my nutes and compost and let it cook.

Back
Top Bottom