Flytier's CKS Candy Cane Organic Closet Grow - Fall Of 2017

Not sure they ran them in Canada but they ran in the US until the early 60s. I'm a late 50s baby but my dad used to joke about them when I was growing up. I might have even seen some in my early years as a passenger but I don't remember that young!

You got me trying to think back that far now. I really don't recall many American influences from the 60s other than TV and radio. I live in New Brunswick right now, which borders on Maine, but I'm from the island part of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador originally, and when I was born we had been a Canadian province for 14 years, so we were just new at that hah! Geographically semi-isolated and two TV channels on a good day.

I remember stuff like I Love Lucy reruns, Abbott and Costello, but not much else.

You got me trying to think back that far now. I really don't recall many American influences from the 60s other than TV and radio. I live in New Brunswick right now, which borders on Maine, but I'm from the island part of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador originally, and when I was born we had been a Canadian province for 14 years, so we were just new at that hah! Geographically semi-isolated and two TV channels on a good day.

I remember stuff like I Love Lucy reruns, Abbott and Costello, but not much else.

Come to think of it, I'm the first Canadian in my family.

Sounds like an idyllic if incredibly dull childhood ;) but that's just the New Yorker in me talkin'.

Sounds like an idyllic if incredibly dull childhood ;) but that's just the New Yorker in me talkin'.

I've been in big cities like Edmonton and Toronto and stuff, and I lived in Kitchener, ON for three years. It's much too big for my personal comfort. I like it here in eastern Canada. It's quiet for the most part and I live right next door to the woods. My kind of area.

Yeah, me too. Too bad the girl had to take one for the team though... she was cute.
You leave yourself wide open I tell yah, lol......

November 30, 2017
Days 44, 20, 2 or something like that

So when I checked my plants today, the pistils on my Candy Cane are turning brown - on Day 44. Seems kinda early, although I woulda guessed that flowering at 24 days would be rather early too. The trichomes aren't going opaque yet, so I'll just monitor. I still have three weeks before I put down another seed, so I'll let her grow some more
aDSCI1484.jpg
aDSCI1486.jpg

The King's Kush CBD AF is branching nicely, and getting nice and bushy. I'm looking forward to some nice growth on this girl
aDSCI1483.jpg

The NYC Diesel AFs are picking up on the foliage a little more, but there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of branching yet, so still no LST on these yet
aDSCI1488.jpg
aDSCI1487.jpg

And if anyone is interested, this is the shitwater that I've started using on a couple of my plants as a trial. It's being used on the plant directly above, plus the two SPoGs® in the one pot that I didn't get a picture of this evening. I'm not putting the bottle to the bottom and gathering the actual fish crap, just getting surface water which is just cloudy with a bit of particulate matter settling out (I figured I'd take the Coke label off before I said anything about shitwater, just in case anyone got the wrong - or right - idea... )
aDSCI1489.jpg

As for the two SPoGs®, if they don't do much soon I may just cull them and get on with another seed. And the Jack Herer AF, well, it hasn't popped out of the soil yet, but give it a couple more days.

In terms of spogs®, smoke one grow one toss two is a reasonable policy! Are you going to do shit water on one and not the other so you have a vague comparison of results?

The two that may be tossed are on shitwater, but they are in the same pot due to lack of available space. That's why I'm still hesitant to toss them. It would be nice to see how they fare. Let's see what happens between now and three weeks time. They may just be ugly ducklings, but I somehow doubt that.

Your gunna love the Jack Herer for sure, it's a great day smoke .

Sad to hear about the Spog but also happy you have room for bigger and better :3

Yeah, I'm bumping hjer up a notch. Bought a pack of seeds today and planted a few in smaller containers. I'm going to go that route and start plants every week.

When i get home I'm going to start a new journal. See you on there.

Hey Everybody. I'm getting closer now to a perpetual grow, so it's time to move onto a different journal and continue with it. I'll consider this a completed journal, although it's more like a to-be-continued setup. My new one can be found here Flytier's Quasi-Aquaponic Salmon-Based Organic Autoflowering Perpetual SPoG® SoG

I'd like to thank all of the friends I've made on here for their continued information, encouragement, interest, and general excellent company as well as the moderators and administrators of 420magazine.com for keeping up this fine website.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom