FoxFarm Ocean Forest Potting Soil Mix

Now remember that when you feed, you are feeding for two watering cycles, that one, and the next one where you give only pH adjusted water. It seems like you are feeding a lot, and you are, by design.
unfortunately I do not have a ph meter
You need to get one, asap. Nutes are locked up in a chelated salt bond so that they can be shipped to you in the bottle. They are scientifically designed to stay inert in the bottle so they don't interact with each other, and then break apart and become available to the plant when they get into an environment controlled to a narrow pH range, in soil 6.2-6.8 pH. It is critical to have your fluids in that range when they hit the soil, and also on the water only pass, or some of your nutes will be totally invisible to your plants. Soil is designed to slowly raise the pH after you water, so if you come in at the low end of this range, the pH will slowly rise up through the range, keeping the nutes available the entire time.

after 2 days of giving them all the nutes and with a lower PH the buds are plump and dark green. A lot of permanent damage and all the fan leaves are drying up however.

IMG_0004z.JPG

so I got the PH meter, calibrated and it all checks out. I mixed up a solution with the foxfarm trio of nutrients in distilled water. The distilled water was 6.56 ph. After I added the foxfarm trio the solution was 4.5 ! dIstilled water is still 6.56
out tap water is 8.12, all of the test solutions are dead on

so I got the PH meter, calibrated and it all checks out. I mixed up a solution with the foxfarm trio of nutrients in distilled water. The distilled water was 6.56 ph. After I added the foxfarm trio the solution was 4.5 ! dIstilled water is still 6.56
out tap water is 8.12, all of the test solutions are dead on
Yes, that sounds about right. Nutes are very acidic and will drive the mix down into the 4s. It doesn't matter what you water starts out at, the important thing is to pH adjust to 6.3 immediately before pouring your mix onto the soil. When you are watering with plain water every other time, you will need to use pH down to adjust it down to 6.3 before application. When you are doing a nute watering, you will need to pH up to the 6.3 point before pouring it on the soil.

question, since I just only last sunday started adding sufficient nutes should I still give it plain water tonight or another dose of nuts?
Follow the FF chart for the amount of nutes, appropriate to your growing media. Water with nutes once, then plain water once, repeat.

You still have plenty of white pistils, she's still building for you. You want to watch the trichomes on the flower itself, not the sugar leaves. (the bits where the pistils come out)
Also, a flush is probably not necessary at all unless called for by your nute co.

You still have plenty of white pistils, she's still building for you. You want to watch the trichomes on the flower itself, not the sugar leaves. (the bits where the pistils come out)
Also, a flush is probably not necessary at all unless called for by your nute co.
so these areas?

IMG_0004b.jpg

no amber yet, but cloudy trichomes. Should I flush soon?

IMG_0004a.jpg
If by flush you mean not giving any more nutes and finishing up with water only... no, you should never do this. It used to be believed that one needed to "flush" the nutrients out of the buds before harvest, but now we know better. Feed her all the way to the day of harvest. Only do a 3x the container size flush in one watering, if you are experiencing a salt based lockout and since you have been using minimum nutes, this should not be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom